Forum › Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha Original Chronicle discussion

joined May 24, 2014

Nanoha's number one!

NANO!

Geez nanoha, just because you felt like the odd one out doesn't mean that you had to move to ANOTHER dimension

last edited at Aug 17, 2019 2:01PM

Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

This is different than the Movie 1st the comics if anyone is confused, this is a retelling of the original anime in manga format, which would make this the fifth adaptation of the Nanoha/Fate/Precia story if I'm not wrong (anime, novel, movie 1st, movie 1st manga, original chronicle).
I suspect this manga exists because due to contractual reasons they had to put Higa Yukari to do something when they prematurely axed her previous manga Nanoha Force, but that's just a theory.

joined Jan 5, 2018

I wish this was something new can't say I will continue this I already watch the show so there is nothing in this for me.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^It might not be exactly the same- it might have different dialouges etc too

It is kinda strange tho to do a manga version so many years after the anime.

joined May 24, 2014

If you want to know more about nanoha's family watch the triangle hearts Ovas

Nobody
joined Aug 17, 2019

I literaly made an acount so I could post this: THANK YOU!
I wanted to read this manga for so long, yet I never found it (either traslated or RAW) and just out of nowhere!
Thanks!

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

This is different than the Movie 1st the comics if anyone is confused, this is a retelling of the original anime in manga format, which would make this the fifth adaptation of the Nanoha/Fate/Precia story if I'm not wrong (anime, novel, movie 1st, movie 1st manga, original chronicle).
I suspect this manga exists because due to contractual reasons they had to put Higa Yukari to do something when they prematurely axed her previous manga Nanoha Force, but that's just a theory.

I didn't know Force was written by a woman.

Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

I didn't know Force was written by a woman.

Higa Yukari was only the artist, Force was written by Tsuzuki like most of Nanoha.

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

I gotta agree with the poster above. I've watched the anime multiple times, and if the manga is going to follow the exact same plot, well... Nonetheless, I'm sure diehard Nanoha fans will love this :P

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I literaly made an acount so I could post this: THANK YOU!
I wanted to read this manga for so long, yet I never found it (either traslated or RAW) and just out of nowhere!
Thanks!

Isn't that because it didn't exist? This is just being written- based on the anime right? The anime was an anime original- there was no manga preceding it. There have been some spin off series but I dont think they have done a manga of the series itself before.

last edited at Aug 17, 2019 11:33PM

joined May 24, 2014

NANO!

Snowflakes%20icon
joined Jun 22, 2014

I gotta agree with the poster above. I've watched the anime multiple times, and if the manga is going to follow the exact same plot, well... Nonetheless, I'm sure diehard Nanoha fans will love this :P

I'm that diehard Nanoha fan XD I rewatch the anime and reread the manga from time to time, and every format has some cool unique thing in them that makes me love them. I am looking forward to what is going to make this adaption special :)

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Screw this, I want more about Suzuka and Arisa teaming up to fight supernatural crime after Nanoha pisses off to another universe and leaves Earth in the lurch.

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

I see a new Nanoha manga, and the first thing that comes to my head is: "I wonder how they'll fuck this one up".

joined Oct 27, 2018

Well this is horrible

Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

Well this is horrible

This and Force are probably the worst Nanoha has to offer, in my opinion.

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

I, uh... well hey, at least it's not a carbon copy of the anime's plot!

joined Apr 6, 2013

I don't know who this new girl is but she looks like she would make a good couple with Nonoha, I don't usually do this before they meet but I'm gonna ship it

joined May 24, 2014

Naugthy kyouka is responsible for that swimsuit-stealing monster!

Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

I don't know who this new girl is but she looks like she would make a good couple with Nonoha, I don't usually do this before they meet but I'm gonna ship it

Their fates are so intertwined that even someone new to Nanoha can feel their unavoidable outcome at a first glance.

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

If I remember correctly, this is the plot of the first Sound Stage. Which, by the way, is canon to the franchise as it's the point in which Nanoha learns the binding spell she seemingly pulled out of nowhere during her final fight with Fate.

Seems like they're going for a thorough recap of everything, including bonus material.

last edited at Oct 20, 2019 11:49PM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

A-chan posted:

Well this is horrible

I haven't read Force but this is in no way worse than Vivid. Though I'm not sure it's possible to be worse even with a great deal of effort.

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

A-chan posted:

Well this is horrible

I haven't read Force but this is in no way worse than Vivid. Though I'm not sure it's possible to be worse even with a great deal of effort.

Let's put it this way: Force was so bad, it was put on undefinite haitus (technically got cancelled).

Vivid was garbage, don't get me wrong, but Force was an absolute disaster.

joined May 24, 2014

Nano!

joined Mar 15, 2015

I liked how this chapter had some new material, such as the aftermath of Fate and Nanoha's fight, and the scenes with Fate recalling Alicia's memories of Precia. Even if the story thus far is the same, it's nice to see a new spin on it.

I think the original Nanoha series is fairly good, even if it's not up to A's or StrikerS in terms of quality, but it definitely takes a while to get going, and is relatively uninteresting until Fate shows up.

To reply you must either login or sign up.