Forum › Suggestions for Improvement V3

Rena_home_1
joined Aug 8, 2012

Okay, I've said this to a lot of people and I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but...
I'd like to suggest a new tag.

idiot_couple or dorky_couple

This is the same thing as バカップル in Japanese and it means two people who are complete dorks who are completely in love with each other and do really dumb things when they're with each other.
Examples of this are:

Kase and Yamada from Kase san and 〈insert word here〉 manga
Ruby and Weiss from RWBY
Every single couple in Yurikon manga
Koguma and Hino from Hino-san no baka manga
Tadokoro and Nikaido from Tadokoro-san manga
Mikage and Hinata from Futari Monologue manga
Arisa and Mari from Bright and Cheery Amnesia manga

Anyway, I think you get the picture.

last edited at Jul 9, 2019 3:57AM

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Isn't it バカップル rather than バカープル? Or are both correct and I'm just a バカ? Lol

Rena_home_1
joined Aug 8, 2012

Isn't it バカップル rather than バカープル? Or are both correct and I'm just a バカ? Lol

Nah, I fuckdeded it up. It's バカップル. I fixdeded it. Thanks

Jarnan
joined Sep 18, 2017

I figure this should go here, Shindo and Shindou Yuki are the same author.

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

This isn't so much an improvement as it is a... bug report?

Lately when I access an image on Dynasty via its download link, I hit a 403 screen. For instance, if I click this link (https://dynasty-scans.com/system/releases/000/024/523/Snow-White-25.jpg), I hit the screen. I can just copy and paste the link or refresh the page to access the image, but I just wanted to stop by if you guys put in some sort of link protection or something. Since it's easy enough to get around.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

FreckledFemme

I was wondering if anyone has talked about adding a dark theme option to the site? I love reading here but late at night the bright white theme is hard on my eyes... then again there could be an option already that I just can't locate.

There is not currently an option but I support this and (Madoka willing) this may actually be implemented soon. Thanks for the suggestion, sorry for my lateness.

Ichigo69

Okay, I've said this to a lot of people and I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but...
I'd like to suggest a new tag.

idiot_couple or dorky_couple

This is the right place, and I for one am in favour! If it's approved you'll see it show up probably around month's end.

schoenberg

I figure this should go here, Shindo and Shindou Yuki are the same author.

Yo, thanks a bunch! Fixed.

Altair

This isn't so much an improvement as it is a... bug report?

Hmm...nothing new on our end. Will look into this, thank you for the report.

last edited at Jul 17, 2019 11:09PM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Double post, all for maco

Regarding the discussion of Lolicon versus Loli.

Thanks for your thoughts on this. We're slow to act as usual, but I did read it almost right away.

I propose adding the official numbering: "season year" for the earliest issues (same as Yuri Hime S), and "year.month" for the later ones

Yeah, this makes sense. We can keep the written month/year as aliases for whatever is relevant too (I guess everything post-21?). In addition, we're missing some issues and covers as well, I'd like to take the time to complete all of it when we do this. It's a fairly large and monotonous task, and we're spending most of this month performing ancient organisational rituals in the backend. As a result, I likely won't get to this till the end of the month.

"Watashi ni Tenshi ga Maiorita!" by Nanatsu Mukunoki has missing original magazine publication data:

I've spent all day organising, so I'll leave these for another day.

I tried finding the original publication magazines for "Whispering You a Love Song" by Takeshima Eku.

Thanks for your service, these have been added.

The author Shin Takekawa should be Takekawa Shin. https://www.mangaupdates.com/authors.html?id=29280

Fixed.

The oneshot "I want to be bullied by a Gal like her!" by Mochi Au Lait is from Vol 3 of this anthology:

I'm aware of its origins, I don't believe adding that anthology page to the site is interesting enough to justify. I'll try to keep in mind in such future instances that still having some link back/extra info is nice, maybe in the first post of the forum thread.

Vol. 1 Ch. 5 - "The female university life I look up to" (MangaDex) is the only other one primarily female-female, although even it is only friendship with very slight subtext:

Maybe we'll upload this one sometime.

And thanks again for everything, we really appreciate your efforts. That sure was a bit.

Maco%20v0.1%20320px%20opt
joined Apr 2, 2011

OrangePekoe wrote:

I'm aware of its origins, I don't believe adding that anthology page to the site is interesting enough to justify. I'll try to keep in mind in such future instances that still having some link back/extra info is nice, maybe in the first post of the forum thread.

Maybe you could consider adding a functionality where when you posted a one-shot (or the first entry in a series), the system would automatically add a first "(reserved)" post in the discussion thread? That way, any required info and announcements could be edited in that post at any later date?

The missing original publication magazines for the anthology "Spice Girls" by Ohsawa Yayoi can be found on page 25 of the 5th/last story, "The Wife Next Door".

4 - Teacher Graduation: Last Half - Yuri Hime 2014.7 (vol43)
5 - The Wife Next Door - Yuri Hime 2015.1 (vol46)

last edited at Jul 19, 2019 3:35AM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Magia Record was released in English not long ago and there has been an anime announced this year, it should have its own tag as all the Magia Record doujins and images have been confusing Madoka fans who haven't played the game, it would be very helpful to have a separate tag like how Love Live has sunshine separated

Rest assured that we saw your topic post on this. I'm going to disappear for a few days. You'll see the tags restructured once I'm back.

Chained-kong-5ab9c8a67b959
joined Jul 14, 2019

i think having a random option on the site would be sick. like u could click random and itd take u to a random manga or image or whatever like how alot of anime streaming sites got.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

PreCure's seasons should have separate tags too, since most seasons aren't directly related to the other ones.

But I think in cases like this it would be useful to have a tag for the overall franchise too.

last edited at Jul 25, 2019 12:42AM

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

This gotta been suggested before, but hey I'll go ahead and say it:

How about a "cascade" mode in the reader, where you can see all the pages of an entry (chapter, oneshot) in the same screen & just have to scroll down to read?

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

How about a "cascade" mode in the reader, where you can see all the pages of an entry (chapter, oneshot) in the same screen & just have to scroll down to read?

Agree

I don't need that for my cellphone now that I started using Tachiyomi but that would be useful for PC.

Talking about Tachiyomi, you can continue chapters from the same page. It would be useful being able to do the same on Dynasty.

Maco%20v0.1%20320px%20opt
joined Apr 2, 2011

"Whispering You a Love Song" by Takeshima Eku, Chapter 6

• has the title "Confessions and Bewilderment"; and
  • originally appeared in Yuri Hime 2019.9 September (Vol 90; released 2019-07-18) - it has an ad for Yuri Hime 2019.10 October (Vol 91; to be released 2019-08-20) on page 6.

The link to Tranquil Spring's page is (long) dead.

Instead of just removing it, I'd suggest removing the link but leaving the text, along with the info that the site is dead but old copies can be accessed on the Wayback Machine.

The latest copy is from February of 2015. Most download links are dead, but some work.

Same for Yurikai - although I think the link has been "fixed" by having it point to Dynasty. If you try to follow it, you get an error of the page not existing.

In this case, the last working copy on the Wayback Machine is no older than January of 2018 (although the last post on the site is from October of 2013).

"Witch Meets Knight" by Inumaru, Chapter 6 was originally published in Hirari Vol 10.

Chapters of "A Manga About a Hero who Pulled Out the Holy Sword and Became a Girl" by Fukuoka Taro are tagged with Pixiv, but I couldn't find them there. They're on Twitter instead.

last edited at Jul 28, 2019 7:13AM

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

I've been thinking, why not replace Trap with Androgynous? At least that's what I use to avoid using offensive terms.

I've also seen doujin sites like nhentai use tomgirl.

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

I've been thinking, why not replace Trap with Androgynous? At least that's what I use to avoid using offensive terms.

The Trap tag was changed to crossdressing many years ago? Where did you see this it is not in the tag list.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

The Trap tag was changed to crossdressing many years ago? Where did you see this it is not in the tag list.

It was? I never noticed. lol

joined Jul 23, 2019

Also androgynous and crossdresser are not the same thing.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Jeanne Mathison

I'm sorry to say for practical (bandwidth) reasons this likely will not be implemented.

araaradesu

i think having a random option on the site would be sick. like u could click random and itd take u to a random manga or image or whatever like how alot of anime streaming sites got.

This actually exists! Right under the Recent Images tab on the front page, as seen here:

You can cycle through random chapters by reloading the page. A button would be better, though.

EpicYarnBoy

Magia Record was released in English not long ago and there has been an anime announced this year, it should have its own tag as all the Magia Record doujins and images have been confusing Madoka fans who haven't played the game, it would be very helpful to have a separate tag like how Love Live has sunshine separated

Don't worry, I haven't forgotten you.

Maco

Maybe you could consider adding a functionality where when you posted a one-shot (or the first entry in a series), the system would automatically add a first "(reserved)" post in the discussion thread?

That would be handy.

Instead of just removing it, I'd suggest removing the link but leaving the text, along with the info that the site is dead but old copies can be accessed on the Wayback Machine.

Think I'll do this with dead sites and include a proper link-back to their own archived page, rather than just a link to the Wayback.

Chapters of "A Manga About a Hero who Pulled Out the Holy Sword and Became a Girl" by Fukuoka Taro are tagged with Pixiv, but I couldn't find them there. They're on Twitter instead.

At this point I'm using Pixiv to mean Web, I hadn't considered the categorical utility of having Pixiv separate from Twitter. Not sure how we'll address this, but I suppose it ought to be changed now.

On a side note, the other outstanding issues you've pointed out should be all fixed by now, with Yuri Hime being an active project. Many thanks, as always.

Note to Self

The Preview Post button allows a seemingly infinite number of characters per post to be displayed, whereas the Create Post button has a hard cap. This can create situations wherein a huge post is previewed, then posted, but the posted version is cut-off prior to its proper end. Ideally, both ought to be capped at the same number of characters, and a warning message ought to be shot at a user who has reached their cap before they are able to click the Create Post button.

last edited at Aug 4, 2019 4:23PM

Please allow multiple tag search. The amount of content on here is too hard to browse now.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Please allow multiple tag search. The amount of content on here is too hard to browse now.

Hey! If you click in the search box and then click "enter," you'll brought to the search page. From there, click the Advanced button, and then you'll see this:

You can freely search for as many or as few tags as you desire! (...I think...) Hopefully that helps.

:o thx
hard to find on phone xd

wait you can't have a blank search field even with tags included? please allow that lol

last edited at Aug 7, 2019 10:14PM by

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

A button would be better, though.

There was a button on the old reader.
I miss the button.

Sample_0bc66a359c3af4a24555c4bef5b4c655
joined Oct 5, 2015

Jeanne Mathison

I'm sorry to say for practical (bandwidth) reasons this likely will not be implemented.

If it's about sending a lot of data at once, couldn't it be solved with scroll-based lazy loading? It would also solve the issue of manhwas that somethimes come in as randomly cut up vertical strips.

Sample_0bc66a359c3af4a24555c4bef5b4c655
joined Oct 5, 2015

Also, just a random idea and a question:

What exactly does the "suggestion status" button in profile dropdown do? I would assume it shows status of the upload requests by the user, "received", "in review", "approved", etc. Doesn't seem to be the case, though.

And since it is not, having such functionality could be useful. I'd rather see "rejected because..." as the status than wait for the request to go through only for it to never do.

To reply you must either login or sign up.