Forum › Suggestions for Improvement V3

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Semi-serious tag suggestion: could we have a Doujin: Spongebob Squarepants tag? We already have multiple images that reference it - this, this, this, and this.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Can Cosplay and Kigurumi be tags too?

I agree about the Spongebob tag, btw.

last edited at May 15, 2019 2:19PM

I
joined Jan 16, 2019

apologies if 1. there's already a way to do this and/or 2. it's already been requested in here ad nauseam, but is there/could there be a way to view one-shots in the search with an image attached, the way groupings are? so much of my decision to read something is based on art-style, and the convenience of seeing that immediately rather than clicking on every single one would be nice.

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

Can't you put an option for changing one's username? Or erasing the account which perhaps doesn't deletes the posts made by the user (since it would make incomplete a lot of discussions) but the user name in all posts with the account?? That's cause many years ago I had an account here with my real name (since I was an idiot) and it brought me problems IRL and when I tried to delete the account I had to delete every single post (I had 500 or so) to make my name disappear from this page so that Google didn't fuck with me.

Edit: At that time I asked mods for help but they said they couldnt delete my account nor change my username.

last edited at Jun 10, 2019 1:05AM

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Yikes, I'm sorry that happened to you. I'm not sure what happened in 2015 but I'd be willing to delete a particular user's post history if they requested as much. We are now able to delete users upon request (whilst leaving their posts), but I don't know about the possibility of getting a username change. There is no built-in option for this from the user end, but a request here or on its own thread will be honored to the quickest of our abilities.

Semi-serious tag suggestion: could we have a Doujin: Spongebob Squarepants tag?

I support.

How difficult would it be to add a button that lets a user access the list of all forum posts that they've made?

No such feature is in the works, unfortunately. However, you can rest assured that without such a feature being implemented, we will not be changing the current layout for post history links anytime soon. Bookmark away.

How about making off-site torrents (on Nyaa.si, for example) for such bulk downloads, then?

The plan back in the day was to have a site mirror torrent, or an easily-accessible site backup on some filesharing service. We've grown exponentially since then in terms of content and traffic. I don't think anyone on staff has the drive to tackle that particular project anytime in the near future.

We really, really, really need a way of searching for "Chapters" that aren't part of a series

I agree! In the meantime, consider using advanced search with the tag Anthology: Oneshots. Unfortunately this tag is not regularly applied, but in the future we'll try to make it easier for everyone by tagging more properly.

is there/could there be a way to view one-shots in the search with an image attached, the way groupings are?

Unfortunately it doesn't exist nor is it in the works. It would be a nice feature, though.

Shigure%20beach
joined Oct 18, 2017

Crossing over from an ongoing discussion in the "Her First Lingerie" comments, an interesting idea was raised by Cryssoberyl and i was wondering if that would be possible.

As it stands now, practically anything with a loli is tagged as "lolicon" even when there's no actual sexual or erotic nature to the content. This unfortunately leads to wholesome, fluffy content being lumped together with the more unsavory erotic "lolicon" content. For those on Dynasty who avoid the "lolicon" tag because of the stigma and the, to some (or many), questionable erotic content, it means that we miss out on being able to read content involving lolis that is just sweet, fluffy and innocent unless we want to subject ourselves to the mental torture of searching, one by one, through the lolicon tag for those innocent gems.

So, my question is:
Would it be possible to have a separate "loli" tag for only wholesome, innocent content that contains lolis but isnt lewd or erotic? If that's possible, it would be nice to decouple the two separate facets for the benefit of current and future readers.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

We have Persona 3, 4 and 5 doujins apart from each other here. So are Final Fantasy VII,IX, XII and XIV doujins. Same thing with "Love Live!" and "Love Live! Sunshine!!". So why do we have only one "PreCure Doujin" tag? I've only watched a few of PreCure, so it's really hard for me to find what I want...

Kirakira and Mahoutsukai have separate tags, but only because their official mangas were translated (the other series' ones weren't). Either way, I agree.

Either way, maybe we could have a Romeo & Juliet tag too?
Though the only use for it I can think of right now is this image.

Edit: There's also this one.

last edited at Jun 15, 2019 12:49AM

Maco%20v0.1%20320px%20opt
joined Apr 2, 2011

Student x Student = School life, College. And sure, it's possible that my suggestion wouldn't work for 100% of the stories (I even specifically mentioned that it should work more often than not) , but it should work for most of them. Just having School life should work for most of the cases in which there's a non-minor teacher character who isn't involved romantically with anyone in the story (as opposed to how I imagine the tag used: a teacher who's part of a couple in the story, whoever their pair may be).

Having Teacher stand for "Relationship Involving a Teacher" would obfuscate things unnecessarily; that's not the meaning of the word "teacher". Using such shorthands (a word stands for an expanded meaning related to it) would make the site harder to use for everyone, but especially to newcomers.

Student x Teacher is a common kink people like - as well as I suppose a complete turn-off for some people. That's why it has special importance that a teacher having any other relationship doesn't have. Spelling it out avoids having to decipher non-obvious coded keywords or keyword combinations, and functions as a clear warning flag if that's not your cup of tea.

Relationships between teachers or a teacher and an adult girlfriend would be Co-Workers or Adult Life, possibly together with Romance, Marriage or some of the sex-related tags. Here the professional position doesn't matter much at all, since there is no teacher-student dynamic or power imbalance involved (or indeed the "teacher trying to hold back her desires" trope). Any people searching for such stories would most likely be interested in reading about any adult professionals.

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

^
Fair enough, I change my stance to "having a Teacher tag is outright pointless".

joined Apr 2, 2011

I believe a few more one-shots should be linked to the volume Restless Kiss by Aoko.

Currently listed are

Additional entries already found on Dynasty as one-shots:

Missing stories:

• 9 - Hono Akari

Source: Restless Kiss on Baka-Updates Manga.

Release post link for Even Though We're Adults ch01 by Shimura Takako:
https://akibadetectives.tumblr.com/post/185374180425/even-though-were-adults-chapter-1-new-ff-manga

last edited at Jun 17, 2019 5:41PM

joined Apr 2, 2011

In "Shiori Experience" by Machida Kazuya and Osada Yu-Ko:

• Chapters 24 - 28 should be listed under volume 6.
  • Chapter 29 (and onwards) should be listed under volume 7.

A funny side note: I made a similar post April 1, 2017 to move chapter 19 to volume 5. Having taken a bit of time off manga since then, it seems in the meantime no one noticed or cared enough to report this. :-)

joined Apr 2, 2011

Back in October 8, 2017, I posted this:

MASULAO MAXIMUM is listed as the author on Dynasty, with Nagi Kazekawa listed as an alias. In actual fact, the author is Kazekawa Nagi, and their circle is MASULAO MAXIMUM. Perhaps there is a reason why the works are listed under the circle name?

On doujinshi.org:
https://www.doujinshi.org/browse/author/4367/Kazekawa-Nagi/
https://www.doujinshi.org/browse/circle/2509/MASULAO-MAXIMUM/

I don't see any changes - even the real name listed as alias still has the names backwards - and there also haven't been any posts denying the correction suggestion. Did anyone ever look into this?

last edited at Jun 21, 2019 6:41PM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

I don't see any changes - even the real name listed as alias still has the names backwards - and there also haven't been any posts denying the correction suggestion. Did anyone ever look into this?

Seems like 2017 wasn't a good year for us! I changed it now, though I wonder if I ought to go check the rest of your post history now, given that I suspect your next post will be in the same vein?

I appreciate your diligence as always, thanks!

last edited at Jun 22, 2019 12:21AM

joined Jun 21, 2017

Not sure if there is anyone here who can assist with this, but there is a completed Mira book that was never uploaded here:

https://e-hentai.org/g/1223767/f31ef51781/

Sample_0bc66a359c3af4a24555c4bef5b4c655
joined Oct 5, 2015

Not sure if there is anyone here who can assist with this, but there is a completed Mira book that was never uploaded here:

Just create an upload request. Click your name in top-right corner of the website and select "Upload Request"

Sample_0bc66a359c3af4a24555c4bef5b4c655
joined Oct 5, 2015

A few more technical suggestions from myself:

• The database, or at least the comment tables, could use their collation to be updated to something like utf8mb4 to be able to properly store emoji
  • Comments could use an @mention system
  • In general, some notification system could be useful. "Manga you follow has been updated", "XXX has mentioned you in a comment", or "Forum thread you're following has new posts"
  • A second mode of the reader, vertical one. Just today, I had to write a tool to download and merge chapters of a manga I was reading, because half of it was in single-strip format, and the other half was also single-strip, but randomly cut into 20 pieces each (glued files are waiting as upload request).

Wappalyzer tells me Dynasty is built with Rails in the backend and jQ in the frontend. I'm not all too familiar with either, so no idea what it would take to implement those changes. I don't imagine a collation change would be all that problematic, though.

joined Apr 2, 2011

Seems like 2017 wasn't a good year for us! I changed it now, though I wonder if I ought to go check the rest of your post history now, given that I suspect your next post will be in the same vein?

I don't think that's necessary.

I used to be pretty good at following through if my correction suggestions didn't garner attention, but since I was mostly absent from the site between mid-Dec 2017 and spring 2019, I never got around to doing so for this one before now.

I myself just went through my posts from back then and the MASULAO thing was the only outstanding issue I found.

joined Jun 21, 2017

Just create an upload request. Click your name in top-right corner of the website and select "Upload Request"

I just did that a few hours ago, but I actually did submit a request through that same form a few months back, so I'm not sure that it works.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

RyouLycaon

So why do we have only one "PreCure Doujin" tag?

Generally speaking we've split or merged doujin categories based on number of works, functionality and staff capabilities. I'm not sure why PreCure in particular has been kept as a monolith. I'll see about getting them split up more properly, and I'd suggest tracking specific pairing tags in the meantime.

Rei Ryghts

Due to quality issues, I'm not sure if we'll be uploading this one. Thanks for your post and the upload request, though. Rest assured that we did receive it.

Angius

A few more technical suggestions from myself:

These are all good suggestions, thanks for sharing them.

maco

I don't think that's necessary.

I used to be pretty good at following through if my correction suggestions didn't garner attention, but since I was mostly absent from the site between mid-Dec 2017 and spring 2019, I never got around to doing so for this one before now.

That's too bad! I was kind of looking forward to it. Welcome back.

Sabruness

So, my question is:
Would it be possible to have a separate "loli" tag for only wholesome, innocent content that contains lolis but isnt lewd or erotic? If that's possible, it would be nice to decouple the two separate facets for the benefit of current and future readers.

Hey, this is an interesting one, thanks for posting the suggestion here, I didn't read that thread at all. We've generally separated "wholesome" lolis from degenerate material by coupling the degenerate stories with others notable tags - Ecchi or NSFW, for example. Anything lacking those tags ought to lean more towards "wholesome." However, this method is far from perfect. Anyone blacklisting the tag for its degeneracy will surely miss out on the wholesome stories as well, for instance.

A significant issue that exists under either the current system or a system involving a new tag would be a really important question; at what point does a story cross over from "wholesome" to degenerate? And what should those on the fringes be tagged? A lot of this is down to personal standards. I'd generally lean in the more conservative direction given the nature of the content, but the issue still remains - some people are going to be missing out on some stories that they'd otherwise enjoy. Anyway, I'll take this up higher and be sure to give a more official reply at a later date. Thanks again!

Transtoasticon2
joined Feb 11, 2018

I was wondering if anyone has talked about adding a dark theme option to the site? I love reading here but late at night the bright white theme is hard on my eyes... then again there could be an option already that I just can't locate.

joined Apr 2, 2011

Regarding the discussion of Lolicon versus Loli:

A significant issue that exists under either the current system or a system involving a new tag would be a really important question; at what point does a story cross over from "wholesome" to degenerate? And what should those on the fringes be tagged? A lot of this is down to personal standards. I'd generally lean in the more conservative direction given the nature of the content, but the issue still remains - some people are going to be missing out on some stories that they'd otherwise enjoy. Anyway, I'll take this up higher and be sure to give a more official reply at a later date. Thanks again!

I suppose you'd just have to set a boundary somewhere and I think here the stricter approach would be preferable, since the cliff to degenerate is pretty steep for this one.

My suggestion is that a story would be classified as Lolicon if at least one of these held true:

• any sexual activity involving lolis
  • any romantic activity between a loli and and older individual (or non-human)
  • a loli portrayed in a sexual or suggestive way (such as scantily clad, panty shots, etc.)

That would leave only the completely wholesome stories as Loli. As far as romance goes, only stories with at most only innocent romantic stuff between lolis would be allowed.

Even with my three points above, the question remains how suggestions of sexual or romantic activity should be classified - like:

• a loli mentioning/implying/teasing about having had sex with someone or
  • a loli mentioning/implying/teasing about wanting to have sex.

Doesn't seem too wholesome to me... Maybe that could be the "fringe" and classified as Lolicon (suggestive), or some such. If you then wanted to differentiate Lolicon more clearly from that, it could be changed to Lolicon (explicit).

last edited at Jun 23, 2019 11:21AM

joined Apr 2, 2011

The volume numbering for Yuri Hime is a bit odd.

I don't think the magazine has used plain "Vol N" style numbering since July of 2010 ("Vol.21, Summer 2010"). They then transitioned to a bi-montly schedule, with the next issue being "2011.1 January", released in November of 2010.

I propose adding the official numbering: "season year" for the earliest issues (same as Yuri Hime S), and "year.month" for the later ones:

Yuri Hime Vol 21: Summer 2010
Yuri Hime Vol 22: 2011.1

I can provide a full list of mappings if needed.

joined Apr 2, 2011

"Watashi ni Tenshi ga Maiorita!" by Nanatsu Mukunoki has missing original magazine publication data:

Vol 3

• ch21,22,23 - Yuri Hime Vol 71
  • ch24 - Yuri Hime Vol 72
  • ch25,26 - Yuri Hime Vol 73
  • ch27,28 - Yuri Hime Vol 74
  • ch29 - Yuri Hime Vol 75

Vol 4

• ch30,31 - Yuri Hime Vol 76
  • ch32,33 - Yuri Hime Vol 77
  • ch34,34.5,35 - Yuri Hime Vol 78
  • ch36 - Yuri Hime Vol 79

Vol 5

• ch37,38 - Yuri Hime Vol 80
  • ch39,40 - Yuri Hime Vol 81
  • ch41,42 - Yuri Hime Vol 82
  • ch43 - Yuri Hime Vol 83
  • ch43.5 - none

Vol 6

NOTE: ch44,45,46 belong in Vol 6 and not Vol 5. Source: Contents page of Vol 6.

• ch44 - Yuri Hime Vol 84
  • ch45 - Yuri Hime Vol 85
  • ch46 - Yuri Hime Vol 86
  • ch47,48 - Yuri Hime Vol 87
  • ch49,50,51 - Yuri Hime Vol 88
  • ch51.5 - none
52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Sankaku started using Child fot SFW posts featuring, well, children, and Shota and Loli for everything else. Maybe we could do the same?

joined Apr 2, 2011

I tried finding the original publication magazines for "Whispering You a Love Song" by Takeshima Eku.

Chapters 3 - 5 were easy, since the magazine markers are found on some pages:

• ch03: Yuri Hime 2019.5 ⇒ Vol 86
  • ch04: Yuri Hime 2019.6 ⇒ Vol 87
  • ch05: Yuri Hime 2019.7 ⇒ Vol 88

The assumption that chapter 2 was published in the previous issue to chapter 3 is confirmed by an ad on page 23 for an issue 5 of Yuri Hime to be released 18th March (2019.5). So chapter 2 is 2019.4.

On the first page of chapter 2 there is the text 「待望の新連載、2話同時掲載でスタート!!」, which translantes to something like "Long-awaited new series, starting with 2 chapters!!". The page numbers also seem to be consequtive across chapters 1 - 2, with only one page between missing, so chapter 1 was in the same magazine as 2.

• ch01-02: Yuri Hime 2019.4 ⇒ Vol 85

The author Shin Takekawa should be Takekawa Shin. https://www.mangaupdates.com/authors.html?id=29280

The oneshot "I want to be bullied by a Gal like her!" by Mochi Au Lait is from Vol 3 of this anthology:

ひょっとしてギャルは俺らに優しいのでは? アンソロジーコミック (3)
Hyottoshite Gyaru wa Orera ni Yasashii Node wa? Anthology Comic (3)
https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=140498

Gals being unexpectedly agreeable/kind to people. All online translators give "Maybe the Gal Is Kind to Us?", but I don't trust that. Even if were literally correct, it doesn't sound right in English - seems to me like some meaning has been lost.

I don't know whether adding this to the data would be very useful though, since it seems the other stories across all three volumes are non-yuri, almost all with a male protagonist.

Vol. 1 Ch. 5 - "The female university life I look up to" (MangaDex) is the only other one primarily female-female, although even it is only friendship with very slight subtext:
* in university, none of the women in the group of "gals" are stated as dating guys or even express any interest;
* the protagonist when invited to a drinking party by a male student "to make friends" imagines making female friends;
* the gyaru group leader seems very protective of the protagonist.

To reply you must either login or sign up.