Forum › I'll Cheer On My Yuri Onee-chan discussion

Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

Trousers? I don't see Shizuku wear any trousers. What are you talking about, Saki?

joined Oct 10, 2016

Welcome to another episode of "I can't be alone because I can't".

Ultimately dropping it, they all are just so awfully pushy.

last edited at Jun 10, 2019 3:53AM

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

the girls' relationship is really cute and all, but the lil wingbro is just too precious <3

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Ultimately dropping it,

shrugs It's your loss.

Delinquint%20yuri
joined Sep 14, 2016

I just realised. I think the little bro is supposed to be male yuri fans' self insert. He's wish fulfillment: watches over the yuri and is crucial to it coming to fruition

joined Jul 26, 2016

I just realised. I think the little bro is supposed to be male yuri fans' self insert. He's wish fulfillment: watches over the yuri and is crucial to it coming to fruition

Maki (Intervention edit.)

Delinquint%20yuri
joined Sep 14, 2016

I'm sorry, what?

joined Jul 26, 2016

I'm sorry, what?

"This guy but more willing to intervene"

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

^Except wingbro doesn't know that he is helping them get together romantically. From his perspective he just wants his sister to make a friend.

last edited at Jun 10, 2019 7:24AM

joined Oct 22, 2018

Honestly, I liked the 3 last pages the most. They probably don't know it yet, but as long as I'm concerned, pages 10, 11 and 12 of this chapter prove that both Shizuku and Saki are head over heels for each other.

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

Trousers? I don't see Shizuku wear any trousers. What are you talking about, Saki?

I wonder about that too, it was so odd
Shizuku is wearing a long skirt, not trousers..... translation glitch?

Another thing I didn't get: in page 8 panel 3:

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/ill_cheer_on_my_yuri_onee_chan_ch02#8

What's on the sign? Mental Mayo? Maya?
Is it something you put on popcorn?

last edited at Jun 10, 2019 10:53AM

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

She's wearing pants with those huge bell legs, basically a long skirt turned into trousers. Google images of 'palazzo' pants look pretty similar.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Mentai Mayo. Pollack roe, apparently.

The term used for Shizuku's outfit btw was パンツスタイル (Pants Style). I opted to use "trousers" since I felt "pants" might've caused a little confusion in certain parts (eg. "pants" meaning "underpants" in the UK and パンツ typically being associated with panties.)

last edited at Jun 10, 2019 11:04AM

joined Jul 26, 2016

^Except wingbro doesn't know that he is helping them get together romantically. From his perspective he just wants his sister to make a friend.

Fair enough, but in his defense he's pretty much at the point in life where the mere thought of k-k-k-k-k-kissing gives a severe case of the vapors and what might lie beyond that is wholly uncharted territory where fabulous beasts and skiapodes dwell.
...not that nee-san was particularly better clued in, mind. (Saki OTOH may well have a rather better idea of what's brewing here.)

Firefly Fanatic
9a98d8a7-869e-4e25-947d-59f469d10a1d
joined Feb 22, 2019

Wingbro is like a professional.

Tumblr_mw6qvr5yfa1shyngio1_500
joined Oct 25, 2013

theMichael posted:

I find the little brother as a wingman pretty annoying tbh. I would prefer this story with just the girls...

With just the girls there wouln't be yuri, didn't you see? she was about to reject the date... the date that she got invited thanks to the efforts of his little brother to get her sister a "friend".

In other words, Onee chan can't do it alone

The brother seems to be a blessing. At first I was super against it but now hes like an angel.

Well i can kind of understand why some people find this annoying, considering it's the same author who made Ashita, Kimi ni Aetara.
He's a good kid, pretty reliable, definitely want him as little bro, but there's just that nagging feeling...

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

I guess he'll be discovered and (probably) properly recruited for the effort sooner or later. Otherwise, yeah ... I'm sorta divided on the idea. As light-hearted comedy, great, otherwise ... kinda creepy. ^^

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

I guess he'll be discovered and (probably) properly recruited for the effort sooner or later.

I mean the title is literally "I'll cheer on my Yuri Onee-chan" so I feel he has to get a clue at some point.

bubbleteabird
F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

I want to imagine that there is a covert organization of shoutas that try to hook up their sisters with girls in this manga, and the shoutas have discussion forums to talk about strategies and experiences, and ask for advice.

last edited at Jun 10, 2019 1:16PM

lord-of-roses
Ce1
joined Apr 11, 2016

I want to imagine that there is a covert organization of shoutas that try to hook up their sisters with girls in this manga, and the shoutas have discussion forums to talk about strategies and experiences, and ask for advice.

No one knows the exact origins of the United Shouta and Otouto Front for Yuri (USOFY), but what is common knowledge is that they once struck a deal with the League of Lonely Lesbians (LLL or 3L) in hopes of hooking up their members with the women around the lives of the little boys.
Teachers, big sisters, senpais, neighbors and even widowed and divorced mothers were all fair game.
Based on the preferences and compatibility of the members of LLL, the USOFY would arrange encounters, plan dates and, in extreme cases, relocate individuals all in the hopes of creating Yuritopia.
And thus, our story begins...

last edited at Jun 10, 2019 3:25PM

joined Oct 22, 2018

No one knows the exact origins of the United Shouta and Otouto Front for Yuri (USOFY), but what is common knowledge is that they once struck a deal with the League of Lonely Lesbians (LLL or 3L) in hopes of hooking up their members with the women around the lives of the little boys.
Teachers, big sisters, senpais, neighbors and even widowed and divorced mothers were all fair game.
Based on the preferences and compatibility of the members of LLL, the USOFY would arrange encounters, plan dates and, in extreme cases, relocate individuals all in the hopes of creating Yuritopia.

Please make a continuation of that story you just made as soon as the next chapter is up here...

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

Wingbro is so adorable, I love himmm.

joined Oct 3, 2016

This little brother is the best.

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

I would love to see all that go down. Sounds like a great concept

HazmatChiefAlsimi
joined Feb 9, 2019

Wheeew. That's amazing. Curious about what Saki will do after she noticed Mio but hmm... This chapter met all my expectations. They are getting closer and its mutual! Wheeeeeeew! Just woah.

last edited at Jun 11, 2019 12:04PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.