Forum › It's a Watamote Manga! discussion

joined Jun 1, 2016

I haven't seen much of the anime, but did they introduce Yuri, Nemo, Asuka and the others?

last edited at May 15, 2019 1:07PM

joined Feb 22, 2018

No. The anime only covered her freshman year in high school, and that arc concentrates on her introspection, without major character intros.

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

I totally forgot Nemo was in the anime. She looked so different.

Goggled Anon
Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Basically the only other student who got any real focus during this era was Imae-senpai. (Komi also gets a brief cameo in the OVA).

joined Feb 11, 2019

^There was also Hatsushiba.

The VA who voiced Nemo back then, Yuko Kurose, is apparently still a fan of the series.

Download202001sdsfsfdsfsdfdsfdsfs02154639
joined Apr 18, 2016

Yes, give Kuro cuddles and smooches and make her feel better (even though she's doesn't feel bad anymore).

I kinda want to see the whole cast react to Tomoko's depressing period, since none of them really paid much attention to her back then.

Doki%203
joined Feb 15, 2014

I haven't seen much of the anime, but did they introduce Yuri, Nemo, Asuka and the others?

Nemo has been in the manga since volume 1, but she was just a background character back then.

They later gave her a backstory that made it so she's been interested in Tomoko since entrance exams though.

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

@Alkaiser Where's your profile picture from?

Tumblr_ok9qbbf9zt1vy8fcno2_250
joined Nov 13, 2018

Subpar but still way better than that one Imae x Tomoko doujin from years ago, dark times those were, indeed.

Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

So weird to see when Nemo and Akane were just "Popular 'Bitch' 1 and 2". Strangely enough, the anime put a lot more emphasis on Student-Council-Senpai's interest in Tomoko. I guess just to end the series on a somewhat heartwarming and hopeful note?

@Alkaiser Where's your profile picture from?

Those two are from Doki Doki Pretty Cure

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

Those two are from Doki Doki Pretty Cure

Thank you!

Ltjidvbbiqp71
joined Jul 22, 2018

^^ Megumi may have been the most important person Tomoko ever met. Her kindness pried open Tomoko's sad little heart and gave her someone to emulate. Without Megumi, Tomoko would have been much more likely to cut her wrists and be found in a pool of blood.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

^^ Megumi may have been the most important person Tomoko ever met. Her kindness pried open Tomoko's sad little heart and gave her someone to emulate. Without Megumi, Tomoko would have been much more likely to cut her wrists and be found in a pool of blood.

Maybe we're all betting on the wrong horse! (I even considered Minami, you know). Maybe the true end of the manga will have her with Imae-sempai. She'll just walk in one day, pluck Tomoko out from a throng of girls, and quietly lead her by the hand, off into the sunset:

the Volume 14 Omake reveals that she and Tomoko saw one another on campus. Megumi thinks to herself, "I will wait, of course, Tomoko-chan."

"Matteru ne, Tomoko-chan" 待ってるね、智子ちゃん

katewarner: I just went and re-read 115 and 115.1 and I legit teared up.

last edited at May 16, 2019 5:37PM

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Actually, Tomoko didn't realize Imae was at Aoyama. And you can bet that Asuka won't let her mojyo go without a fight.

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

Actually, Tomoko didn't realize Imae was at Aoyama. And you can bet that Asuka won't let her mojyo go without a fight.

My popcorn is ready.

Ltjidvbbiqp71
joined Jul 22, 2018

^^^ Yes, Ch. 115 - 115.1 is for the ages. The moment when Tomoko realizes what she has lost is absolutely killer. But she makes the best of it later.

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

Season 2 never ever.
The manga is overall much better anyway.

joined Sep 13, 2018

after all these years i still want a season 2 , even when the anime wasnt that great.

some stuff like the weird movement sayaka does in chapter 168 are things i want to see animated.

To reply you must either login or sign up.