joined Jan 26, 2019

So adorable, really love those two >3<

Download202001sdsfsfdsfsdfdsfdsfs02154639
joined Apr 18, 2016

The curse of tsundere x tsundere.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Lol :)

Can anyone think of a story where 2 tsundere actually become a couple? There cant be many..

I guess you'd have to have one be a bit less tsundere and become more honest? Or have some plot device to hook them up.

last edited at Apr 28, 2019 4:00PM

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

Two bottoms?

joined Jan 6, 2017

Finally someone who understands what NicoMaki sexy time would be like.

last edited at Apr 28, 2019 4:22PM

joined Jul 21, 2016

Aaaa I love it.

Thank you!!

joined Feb 23, 2016

Hahahaha both stubborn xD

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

I was just thinking, after reading some manga or other, "Why are anime people so stupid? What's with all the 'oh no I'm feeling something but I don't know what emotions are!' stuff?" This was a refreshing change from that, in a way. It's not a couple being idiots that couldn't navigate their emotions if you gave them a map. They're just a couple that knows what they want but find it hard to say out loud.
I guess that's sort of the charm of the tsundere archetype, isn't it? Well, some of the time at least. There's always the "I'm going to hate this person because I don't understand why I like being near them that makes sense right?" style.

edit:

Finally someone who understands what NicoMaki sexy time would be like.

This is so true it made me spit my drink out laughing.

last edited at Apr 28, 2019 5:06PM

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Where's the Useless Lesbians tag?

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Honestly, the two tsunderes in love couple franchise IS Love Live! School Idol Project and IS Nico x Maki. Yes, it was fan-driven, but that started when the animation part was still the shorts/PVs and at least a year before the anime itself. Obviously, Sakurako Kimino toned things down a bit from Strawberry Panic, but she is canon for LLSIP more than anyone else, and she, like Pile and Soramaru, regards Nico and Maki as some sort of couple in, at least, a Story S-style relationship.

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

Where's the Useless Lesbians tag?

The title's got you covered.

joined Jan 5, 2016

Can anyone think of a story where 2 tsundere actually become a couple? There cant be many..

If you haven't you should read "Under the cherry blossoms" NicoMaki fanfic, it is really amazing

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

By the way, this graphic summary of the three stages of NicoMaki by con2020tran on DeviantArt is absolutely brilliant. Stage 1 they were setting nico up with nozomi, eli with umi, etc. but never in a committed way, and nico and maki were basically tsundere to each other MINUS any and all dere. The fans found their bickering to be UST (hey, it worked for Ron and Hermione). Come the manga they were pretty much dere-dere the whole time. That was the Strawberry Panic era. Come the anime and they retooled Nico and Maki closer to the pre-manga characters. By 2nd season the fans got them to restore some of the Nico-Maki relationship. Interestingly, they never restored Maki's big ego.

If you haven't you should read "Under the cherry blossoms" NicoMaki fanfic, it is really amazing

Second that recommendation. Normally, she's famous for absolutely brillant short NicoMakis on her tumblr. She does have another long NicoMaki but it's nowhere near as good as UtCB.

This is where image is and it has a link to a Google Doc with the translation of the pre-manga Drama CD which is linked on NicoNico (Japan's YouTube): https://www.deviantart.com/con2020tran/art/History-of-NicoMaki-520000167

Listen to Nico in that one. She is amazingly wordy - she reminds me of the cat in Soseki Natsume's "I am a Cat" - she uses 3 x the words of anyone else.

last edited at Apr 28, 2019 8:12PM

joined May 30, 2015

oh wow thanks for the link to the premanga drama cd! didn't even know there was one! I need to check discussion boards more often

anti-social irl AND online....--> double f'ed xD

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

oh wow thanks for the link to the premanga drama cd! didn't even know there was one! I need to check discussion boards more often

Well, at least you're in good company when online, right? :P

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

I absolutely loved it. I understood about half without the translation - my japanese is that rusty - but i noticed in addition to saying "niconico" (a smile, to smile) was important, Honoka and others used a word that sounded like honoka (or maybe hanoka or hanaka) to mean "get through it" or "it'll work out" and when asked how, she said "it'll just work out." They also drew attention to the fact that the whole Drama SD is, in fact, a manzai routine.

To reply you must either login or sign up.