Forum › I'm Getting Married discussion

joined Feb 23, 2013

lmao what a retarded story.

LilLegalLoli94
joined Sep 25, 2018

WOOOAH!! Okay then! That happened

Sans%20titre
joined Feb 8, 2014

I'm so confused. Why would you write something so depressing and unfair, the world is already shit enough. I WAS HERE FOR FLUFFY YURI WHAT IS THIS.

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

I think a lot people missed the dark humor in the ending. There was a LOT of tragic irony in what happened. When life gives you lemons and you accidentally get some in your eye and then trip and smash your teeth out on the table while trying to make them into lemonade, you need to learn to laugh it off. I mean there is often humor in tragedy.

That's a good way of putting it. This story is definitely meant to be at least a little funny. The reactions of all the other women when her marriage is announced are too over-the-top. Same with the sudden transition from sex scene to pregnancy. There's a certain silliness throughout, and I think anyone who takes this too seriously is reading it incorrectly.

__atago_kantai_collection_drawn_by_unagimaru__599e7464aad069784080b95374e08f40%20(1)
joined Apr 1, 2014

Hey, that's pretty good...

That said, the development between Yamada and Seo was way too quick. It makes the story look like a cheap yuri NTR.

Also, I think Seo should've told Kyouko she was going out with someone else. You kind of owe that to the most recent person you've slept with.

Mind%20as%20judgement%20jpg
joined Nov 20, 2018

I wish I could unread this.

joined Nov 9, 2017

I liked this story. Not all stories have to have happy endings to be good. It was sad but interesting. It felt like a cautionary tale in a way. Well done.

last edited at Mar 18, 2019 11:59PM

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

I think a lot people missed the dark humor in the ending. There was a LOT of tragic irony in what happened. When life gives you lemons and you accidentally get some in your eye and then trip and smash your teeth out on the table while trying to make them into lemonade, you need to learn to laugh it off. I mean there is often humor in tragedy.

That's a good way of putting it. This story is definitely meant to be at least a little funny. The reactions of all the other women when her marriage is announced are too over-the-top. Same with the sudden transition from sex scene to pregnancy. There's a certain silliness throughout, and I think anyone who takes this too seriously is reading it incorrectly.

You know it is a little darkly funny that a depressed lesbian gets drunk, has a one night stand, with a man, (quite possibly the only time she's ever been with one.) , and ends up pregnant and engaged. It's like a line from that old Alanis Morissete song.

last edited at Mar 19, 2019 12:44AM

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

It's weird I would love to see a follow up story, where Kyouko, crashes the wedding and takes Mitsuko back. However, I think a sequel giving the women a happy ending would ruin this exquisite angst I feel for it. As much as I hate stories like this, they're the ones that stick with me the longest. Sometimes you just have to leave your comfort zone.

joined Sep 6, 2018

I’m kinda sad over the outcome for MC, yet she stuck to her moral obligations to see through the pregnancy and change her lifestyle for her child.

You can only raise a child properly when you wear a skirt and marry a man?

No... but going it alone is really hard. Luckily, the male was willing to take responsibility and get married to her. It’d be hell to negotiate an open relationship on the wedding day.

I remember comedian Chris Rock mentioning how hard it is raising a kid on your own and saying it wasn’t a good idea... “like driving a car with your feet, but it’s not a good idea.”

If she truly didn’t want the pregnancy, adoption or abortion would have been options open to her. In my opinion, the MC would have gone for it... I think she’s that shallow of a person and would have done it IF the man hadn’t stepped up to the plate.

Edit: thanks for replying to my post.

last edited at Mar 19, 2019 12:58AM

joined Sep 6, 2018

It's weird I would love to see a follow up story, where Kyouko, crashes the wedding and takes Mitsuko back. However, I think a sequel giving the women a happy ending would ruin this exquisite angst I feel for it. As much as I hate stories like this, they're the ones that stick with me the longest. Sometimes you just have to leave your comfort zone.

It’s these morally grey mangas that really spark the debates. I think the manga should be left alone. It’s kind of a train wreck as it is. I personally don’t like it, nor do I hate it. This isn’t a vanilla yuri, there’s some realism here when people make serious life changes overnight, whatever philosophy or code she lived by dropped over more important matters of caring for a kid. Life happens this way.

To sum up: I enjoy the discussion here more than the manga itself.

joined Sep 6, 2018

You know it is a little darkly funny that a depressed lesbian gets drunk, has a one night stand, with a man, (quite possibly the only time she's ever been with one.) , and ends up pregnant and engaged. It's like a line from that old Alanis Morissete song.

Good points here! Whatever I just said, don’t worry about it... we’re talking over a manga!

Oh, one last thing: what song is it? (“Ironic“?)

schuyguy Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

She's pretty clearly been with men before. Look at pages 5 and 6: she has a history of relationships with men. If anything, I'd say it's more likely that Kyouko is the only woman she's ever been with, since we have no evidence stating otherwise. It's unclear if you could even call her a lesbian; her sexual preference is never really established.

6bf226425af0
joined Dec 5, 2016

This was quite refreshing among all those sugary yuri shit. 10/10

Unknown%20(3)
joined Jan 3, 2014

why was this even posted lmao, wasnt this the manga that got the magazine cancelled?????

LumberingCrane
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

Yeah, it's almost impressive how this one-shot single-handedly murdered the magazine.

Unknown%20(3)
joined Jan 3, 2014

Yeah, it's almost impressive how this one-shot single-handedly murdered the magazine.

Lmao, as it should. That was legitimately disgusting to read. That was actually homophobic lmao. That's like the whole, "she just needed a man to turn her back to being straight." Like that's literally what that was. I'm still pondering why the fuck this was requested though, like that's pretty sick lmao.

EDIT: Hmm, people who think it's a "lesson learned" ending need to realize that these girls were portrayed in honestly really misogynistic ways. Like why else do you think the magazine literally got murdered after this was published in it?

last edited at Mar 19, 2019 4:17AM

116453289_3649829745030561_2447255441285922596_n
joined Jun 5, 2017

Bisex, one night stand, drunk

Hmm... suddenly i remembered, One of the most Seiju's fucked up mistake in 'What does the fox Say"... but fortunatelly that dude use the condom, not like this Yamada dude

joined Mar 5, 2016

Lmao, as it should. That was legitimately disgusting to read. That was actually homophobic lmao. That's like the whole, "she just needed a man to turn her back to being straight."

if that was what the comic said, the ending would be a happy one instead of a sad one.

joined Jun 12, 2015

why. WHY?! of all the works, why translate this one???????

That like the first time I see you commenting a work without pointing some error. I guess I did good not to read this...

Anyway, I doubt this work was for responsible for killing the magazine. If anything, it wouldn't surprise me if that work allowed as a last ditch effort to bring attention to the magazine, but look like it didn't work...

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

lmao, that was pretty nasty. kinda funny how something like that made it all the way here.

LumberingCrane
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

No, it definitely was the one that killed it. It's not some sort of speculation. Also how does that work in your head? THIS one-shot is what you imagine would save a yuri magazine from dying? C'mon.

last edited at Mar 19, 2019 5:43AM

joined Jun 12, 2015

No, it definitely was the one that killed it. It's not some sort of speculation. Also how does that work in your head? THIS one-shot is what you imagine would save a yuri magazine from dying? C'mon.

Do you have a source for that ? Some people here said the magazine was already in trouble before this publication so I don't really know who to believe, and I'm pretty curious to read the whole story of their fallbif possible.

And I'm not saying it would have saved it. I just think some people up there thought they could bring some interest back in their magazine by stiring some controversy or attracting new reader who like theses sort of thing. I just don't see why else they would publish a work like that in the first place

schuyguy Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

No, it definitely was the one that killed it. It's not some sort of speculation.

Do you actually have evidence for that, or did you just hear it somewhere? This is the sort of thing you'd need some hard data to determine, like subscription numbers dropping off, the publication suddenly going from profitable to deep in the red, etc. all of it attributable to this single oneshot rather than any other factors.

Without such evidence, I think it's most reasonable to assume that Mebae died the same way countless other yuri magazines have.

last edited at Mar 19, 2019 8:04AM

joined Jul 14, 2015

This has crippled my heart...

To reply you must either login or sign up.