Forum › Heart Throbbing After-school discussion

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

"RIP! Unless Minase Ruruu deviates from her current manga series, this will be/is the final doujin from her. "

;_; A pretty great way to end, but even so. ;_;

also http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/heart_throbbing_after_school#17

last edited at Jun 26, 2014 6:53PM

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

I always kinda got the feeling Minase didn't enjoy doing yuri :/ i dont know why but just some of the comments she has made about her work just felt like she didn't really like it............at all, which is sad cause she is great at it.

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

And we never even got to see Minase draw smut... Just makes me wonder why she doesn't like it. I think she would draw it beautifully.

joined Dec 7, 2013

I wish I could become super hot by removing my glasses the way all these manga characters are able to.

Wha? It works for me..Glasses on - tiny nerdy chick / Glasses off - perfect supermodel.

Maybe you need to improve your "taking glasses off" technique?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I wish I could become super hot by removing my glasses the way all these manga characters are able to.

Wha? It works for me..Glasses on - tiny nerdy chick / Glasses off - perfect supermodel.

Yeah, I even go from auburn to blonde when I do it, it's kind of amazing.

Also, it's awesome that Minase is a Strike Witches fan.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Yeah, I even go from auburn to blonde when I do it, it's kind of amazing.

Also, it's awesome that Minase is a Strike Witches fan.

Shucks, I guess I just need to work on my technique. Believe in the heart of the cards and all that.

You need to shake your head a bit when you do it, maybe that's where you're going wrong.

But not TOO much or you turn into Wonder Woman. Which is cool, but she attracts Nazis.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

But not TOO much or you turn into Wonder Woman. Which is cool, but she attracts Nazis.

But, on the plus side, she also gets to live on an island populated solely by beautiful women.

Yeah, and in the old continuity, it was canon that she enjoyed the company of a few of them too.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

But, on the plus side, she also gets to live on an island populated solely by beautiful women.

Yeah, and in the old continuity, it was canon that she enjoyed the company of a few of them too.

And then, on the other hand she also has to put up with this: http://thanley.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/wwandru125.jpg

Amoeba man was obviously the sensational character find of 1961. DC wouldn't have had to resort to all these continuity rebooting shenanigans if they'd kept him around.

EDIT: Also, I'd read a comic about Wonder Woman's lesbian adventures. Even Marvel had the sense to notice the homosexual subtext of Wonder Woman's origin story when they created a character based on her.

They referred to it a lot in Gail Simone's run, and she considers the character to be definitely bisexual.

What character they REALLY needed to keep was Ferdinand the Minotaur.

Wow did yamamura have her goggles on or what?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

And then, on the other hand she also has to put up with this: http://thanley.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/wwandru125.jpg

Amoeba man was obviously the sensational character find of 1961. DC wouldn't have had to resort to all these continuity rebooting shenanigans if they'd kept him around.

EDIT: Also, I'd read a comic about Wonder Woman's lesbian adventures. Even Marvel had the sense to notice the homosexual subtext of Wonder Woman's origin story when they created a character based on her.

They referred to it a lot in Gail Simone's run, and she considers the character to be definitely bisexual.

I actually wasn't aware of that at all. I always thought DC was super cagey about that stuff. I should pick up that run.

The Marvel character I was referring to, by the way, is Miss America. She comes from a dimension consisting solely of women. Very Wonder Woman-inspired character. And she's supposed to officially be a lesbian, which makes sense, though she does kiss a boy once as an "experiment". Always interesting to see mainstream super hero comics come out with characters like that, though I don't ream 'em much any more.

Gail Simone is all about LGBT characters, when she did Secret Six she had a canon lesbian poly relationship, in Birds of Prey there was a canon gay couple, and in her current Batgirl series she has a trans woman supporting character (Batgirl's roommate, in fact). There have been others too, but those are notable examples. Check out her Tumblr, she talks a lot about this stuff.

Her Twitter is mostly hilarious trolling, which is fun too.

joined Jun 5, 2014

is this . the story of young Minase Ruruu during high school ....... fufufufufu

Fox_paw_tribal
joined Feb 25, 2013

Every otaku lesbian's dream~

joined Oct 12, 2013

I always kinda got the feeling Minase didn't enjoy doing yuri :/ i dont know why but just some of the comments she has made about her work just felt like she didn't really like it............at all, which is sad cause she is great at it.

Why would she draw it then? I thought doujin was of a mangaka's own volition, they didn't get paid to draw it in the first place, like.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Minase Ruru, you will missed. Best of the luck on your future projects! ;_;7

And as a side note, I wouldn't take anything said by Simone seriously; she's all about pandering to the fans, Is kind of irritating to be honest (specially because she isn't that good of a writer to boot)

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

how can you say that ? people always look better with glasses on , in manga and real life (... even me, if you believe it, an than you too, surely).

however, i like this artist, but her first dj uploaded here gives off a feeling different from all the others, it's really a masterpiece of its genre.
i think after that, she had request for more short yuri one-shots, even if it isn't really what she wanted to do

Icon-2
joined Sep 24, 2013

I always kinda got the feeling Minase didn't enjoy doing yuri :/ i dont know why but just some of the comments she has made about her work just felt like she didn't really like it............

What did she actually say, and where? I too thought that doujin were made to the creator's preferences, since they don't experience the sort of pressure mangaka do. Even though they make money when people buy their stuff, the profit margin is probably small and I doubt that anybody actually uses it as their main way of earning money. I think that it's much more likely that she was drawing what she really wanted to...?

Anime-anime-boy-black-and-white-boy-favim.com-1570867
joined May 7, 2014

I looove this mangaka SO SO MUCH !!
Every Yuri manga she draw out are so special, so great ! I can feel the soul of the manga. If she didn't like to draw Yuri why every her manga are so beautiful then ?
There's nothing wrong about Yuri it's really really mean a lot to my life. 'Cause when I read Yuri I can feel myself in it. Yuri is my wonderful world ..

Trannosaurus
Tumblr_lhn2y5j5rz1qbc0x9
joined Jul 26, 2013

"RIP! Unless Minase Ruruu deviates from her current manga series, this will be/is the final doujin from her. "

No more perfectly drawn boobs??? NOOOOO ;_;

But really though, what's the manga she's currently working on?

Rosenakahara
Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Some non yuri SOL loli manga

Trannosaurus
Tumblr_lhn2y5j5rz1qbc0x9
joined Jul 26, 2013

Some non yuri SOL loli manga

lol yeah I googled it......eh.

FlameHazeKatsu
Img_1342
joined Feb 5, 2013

woooh! that was killer, ahahaha, love the one in the end ahahaha

2015-01-21%2018.42.01
joined May 17, 2014

also http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/heart_throbbing_after_school#17

But but but didn't the preface say she would continue at her leasure!?!?! Oh well not gonna cry over it... (T^T)

But anyways... Yea when I grow up I wanna be just like the MC!

Kjraze
joined Mar 3, 2014

D: Minase Ruruuuuuuuu nooooooooo. Her art is so good and almost every yuri she's come up with is cute as hell. Ugh. Come back to usssss D:

joined Dec 28, 2014

Well that escalates quickly

To reply you must either login or sign up.