Forum › Sentimental Beach Side discussion

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

Oh, we still have the “dark skin” tag. Okay.

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

I can't put the blame on the dynasty staff for it, but it's definitely a problem.

last edited at Nov 23, 2018 9:19PM

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

I love how she only figures out Yuki was a cat and not an ex girlfriend at the very end.

joined Apr 30, 2014

The "Human Beings" shirt makes it all the more hilarious.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

I can't put the blame on the dynasty staff for it, but it's definitely a problem.

Call me insensitive, but I don't see the problem

joined Jul 26, 2016

Rare enough in manga to legitimately merit a mention so yeah.

Screenshot_2018-10-31%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20fusoroi%20no%20renri%20ch13
joined Jul 1, 2014

I dunno, why do we even label stuff by sexual orientation, either? Or cat girls? Or furry? At the end of the day we're all just beings on a planet. None of these should have labels. Good luck finding something you like!

/s

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

I dunno, why do we even label stuff by sexual orientation, either? Or cat girls? Or furry? At the end of the day we're all just beings on a planet. None of these should have labels. Good luck finding something you like!

/s

This

As someone with dark-ish skin, though, I SERIOUSLY don't see a problem with it.

Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

This reminds me a bit of this series https://dynasty-scans.com/series/the_sea_you_and_the_sun

Though shorter and not as much sex.

That's a shame since Rini is super hot and Nanami has great tits.

last edited at Nov 24, 2018 10:23AM

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

/s

This

As someone with dark-ish skin, though, I SERIOUSLY don't see a problem with it.

Of course, “y’all” don’t lol. I’m not surprised that aspect of it, in the least. Also, labeling sexual orientation is a completely thing. Come on, now. If you’re looking for a specific romance genre, you’re going to want there to be either “yuri, yaoi, hey, etc. However, there isn’t much of a need for a race/ethnicity tag unless you’re “obsessed” with their features. If a person were looking for representation, I’d understand, but that’s hardly ever the purpose of that tag, in general.

joined Jul 26, 2016

It's an index of contents, just like the other tags - quite a few of which also describe physical features in some fashion. Also covers good old-fashioned tan so eh.

Healing-punchiiiii
joined Jan 21, 2016

It's an index of contents, just like the other tags - quite a few of which also describe physical features in some fashion. Also covers good old-fashioned tan so eh.

Yeah I kind of see it in a positive way. It's useful for situations like "I like contents with characters that has dark skin, I'm glad it has its own category." I personally never thought about it in a diff way (racism etc) and also can't believe it's going to be a topic of discussion. But I guess a forum truly is a vast place... any word said can hurt someone somewhere inadvertently.

Thanks for the chapter, team! That was a really well made one shot. <3

joined Jul 26, 2016

Incidentally I got curious due to the convo and checked the number of chapters with that tag (see: indexing). Turns out there's little over two pages of them and just three series (Shoujo Sect, Flower Flower and Sea, You, Sun) take up about half of that between them. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Untitled-2
joined Aug 17, 2014

I don't know why but I think it's rare to find lesbo in Indonesian.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

REDflame23 posted:

there isn’t much of a need for a race/ethnicity tag

Except it never is about them. Some people just find dark skin attractive, as everyone has different preferences and are attracted to different things. To some someone with darker skin simply seem more sexy, which is why they would want to look for art/stories with them. It is the same thing like small/big breasts tags etc. It's just to help you find stuff you're interested in.

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

REDflame23 posted:

Except it never is about them. Some people just find dark skin attractive, as everyone has different preferences and are attracted to different things. To some someone with darker skin simply seem more sexy, which is why they would want to look for art/stories with them. It is the same thing like small/big breasts tags etc. It's just to help you find stuff you're interested in.

I don’t think you read what I said.

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

REDflame23 posted:

joined Jul 26, 2016

Not to put too fine point on it what you said sounded an awful lot like the most stereotypical American preoccupation with "race" imaginable.

Which is, among other things, terribly misplaced in context.

last edited at Nov 24, 2018 3:10PM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

REDflame23 posted:

I did. And I said every person find different things attractive. So whatever you like it or not, there will be people who find darker skin more attractive. The same way people like different sizes of breasts. There is nothing fetishizing about it. It's just normal human nature to like different things. By your logic, tagging anything is a way to fetishize it, because it highlights that 1 aspect and puts focus on it. If you really want everything to be equal, we should stop using tags altogether.

Since you seem to not get it, I'll repeat myself. Dark skin tag never refers specifically to black people. It isn't about any specific race or ethnicity. All it does, is telling you that given story or image has character with no white skin. Whatever it fetishize them or not, dependes on content, not tag.

last edited at Nov 24, 2018 3:30PM

joined Jul 26, 2016

On an entirely different note I reckon Rini can unironically be described as a smooth operator. Aside from that minor professional gaffe of falling for the mark ofc but, hey, that panned out pretty well. (Also digging how you can pretty much see it happening through the day.)

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

Since you seem to not get it, I'll repeat myself. Dark skin tag never refers specifically to black people. It isn't about any specific race or ethnicity. All it does, is telling you that given story or image has character with no white skin.

The person you are responding to is even more hilariously wrong than they realise, since the tag is not even about "character with no white skin", as you put it. Works that depict people who tanned under the sun also get the tag. Case in point.

last edited at Nov 24, 2018 4:31PM

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Can we just move all of this discussion to the Dark Skin tag’s forum instead of filling this thread with it? It has little to do with the actual story at this point anymore.

https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/11435-dark-skin-discussion

last edited at Nov 24, 2018 5:30PM

Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

Can we just move all of this discussion to the Dark Skin tag’s forum instead of filling this thread with it? It has little to do with the actual story at this point anymore.

https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/11435-dark-skin-discussion

That is a good idea, this other discussion is distracting everyone from how cute Rini and Nanami are.

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

REDflame23 posted:

I did. And I said every person find different things attractive. So whatever you like it or not, there will be people who find darker skin more attractive. The same way people like different sizes of breasts. There is nothing fetishizing about it. It's just normal human nature to like different things. By your logic, tagging anything is a way to fetishize it, because it highlights that 1 aspect and puts focus on it. If you really want everything to be equal, we should stop using tags altogether.

Since you seem to not get it, I'll repeat myself. Dark skin tag never refers specifically to black people. It isn't about any specific race or ethnicity. All it does, is telling you that given story or image has character with no white skin. Whatever it fetishize them or not, dependes on content, not tag.

Not only are there definitely people who fetishize the things you mentioned (regardless the content/context), but I specifically avoided those things to keep from ranting for a long time. Also, I didn’t say anything about black people to begin with, so I’m not sure why that was highlighted lol. The same can be said for white skin (both of which I have personal examples of), but I’m going to end it here. It interesting to see people with such strong opinions about it.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Of course, “y’all” don’t lol. I’m not surprised that aspect of it, in the least. Also, labeling sexual orientation is a completely thing. Come on, now. If you’re looking for a specific romance genre, you’re going to want there to be either “yuri, yaoi, hey, etc. However, there isn’t much of a need for a race/ethnicity tag unless you’re “obsessed” with their features. If a person were looking for representation, I’d understand, but that’s hardly ever the purpose of that tag, in general.

Not only are there definitely people who fetishize the things you mentioned (regardless the content/context), but I specifically avoided those things to keep from ranting for a long time. Also, I didn’t say anything about black people to begin with, so I’m not sure why that was highlighted lol. The same can be said for white skin (both of which I have personal examples of), but I’m going to end it here. It interesting to see people with such strong opinions about it.

Except you related it to ethnicity, so you do mean black people and any other ethnicity that usually has dark skin. As people already said, some people like dark skin, and there's nothing inherently wrong with that.

To reply you must either login or sign up.