Forum › Anime Current Episodes Discussion [SPOILER THREAD]

joined Mar 11, 2016

Akanesasu shoujo Ep 03 had some teasing.

last edited at Oct 24, 2018 2:41AM

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

bait!

joined Mar 11, 2016

bait!

Or fanservice may be? Tho Asuka was blushing when they hugged so I thought may be she like her or something.

last edited at Oct 24, 2018 2:33AM

joined Mar 11, 2016

Anima Yell episode 3 was amazing this week. Is this the first time this issue brought up openly with serious tone in SOL/CGDT anime? Normally they want to keep it as vague as possible.

last edited at Oct 24, 2018 2:45AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Autumn posted:

Anima Yell episode 3 was amazing this week. Is this the first time this issue brought up openly with serious tone in SOL/CGDT anime? Normally they want to keep it as vague as possible.

Serious tone? It was just glossed over.

joined Mar 11, 2016

Autumn posted:

Serious tone? It was just glossed over.

Lols.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015
  • "Actually, my PT, which I'm in love with, is a woman"
  • "Oh.... okay... noice. Well, it doesn't change you have to confess"
  • Later: "She said yes! I'm now dating an older university student, even though she's an adult and I'm a minor! I should prepare her something to eat"
  • Congrats!

End of the episode.

How is that "serious"?

And btw, I find the voice of the MC quite grating...

last edited at Oct 26, 2018 4:33AM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

You guys got me curious enough to check it out and... that was not great. The whole thing is dealt with in a maybe four minute long scene,with only one of the relevant characters even there. The direction treats revealing the PT to be female as a big dramatic moment, but I don't know why? The characters didn't really care, and the viewers would probably be more surprised if they were male

In closing, I regret watching three episodes of Anima Yell to get context for a scene that didn't need context and wasn't worth watching in the first place. Also, Kohane is awful

joined Mar 11, 2016

@Both Above

It is a surprise that you guys didn't find it fascinating. It is the first time girl x girl relationship was approached in such context in a SOL/CGDCT anime. And no beating around the bush or keeping is as vague as possible as has always been done in these kinds of anime. [Oh the horrors of subtext]

The scene was clearly tense mind you. The girl can be seen nervous talking about it and looked scared for a moment that she will be judged or shunned/outcast by them as often happens in Japan/RL. But they handled it well as how ideally it should be.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

This whole thing was in order to introduce the 4th member of the cheering club: the friend of the girl, who looks like Akari.

She wanted to support her friend but didn't know how to go about it, because it was awkward and she probably thought it was hopeless.

So, the gay relationship was just a plot device to make the cheering operation seemingly hopeless, but the club made it simple and randomly successful.

In the next episode, she will join the club. She's in the op/eds.

A CGDCT anime is rarely delving too deep into drama.

last edited at Oct 27, 2018 1:56PM

joined Mar 11, 2016

This whole thing was in order to introduce the 4th member of the cheering club: the friend of the girl, who looks like Akari.
A CGDCT anime is rarely delving too deep into drama.

I know. I watch OP/ED too to know the full cast. ^^'
Yes but that whole scene was the highlight of this episode. The writers skipped the horrors of subtext and we got an actual relationship. No body was expecting such straight forwardness from the staff. I wish Kyoani show such guts too.

last edited at Oct 28, 2018 1:04AM

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

So, the gay relationship was just a plot device

The girl isn't done yet, she's gonna return and bring updates about her relationship too. This was her introduction episode, not an "appear once, and never come back" episode. She has a full name, while Basket-senpai doesn't even have a name and she returned too.

joined Mar 11, 2016

You can see the horrors of subtext in Release the Spyce Ep 04. It was very subtexty but no confirmation of their relationship. They could be declared super friends at the end of the show day for all we know. (Just like Yama no Susme).

Akanesasu Ep 05 had even more teasing. Slime's last two episodes were a waste of time.

last edited at Oct 31, 2018 10:16AM

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

So, besides Bloom Into You, what other anime is worth to watch for the yuri this season? Sorry if this has been asked before btw.

joined Mar 11, 2016

The girl isn't done yet, she's gonna return and bring updates about her relationship too.

Which will be even more awesome. :D

So, besides Bloom Into You, what other anime is worth to watch for the yuri this season? Sorry if this has been asked before btw.

Akanesasu Shoujo: Mostly Teasing
Uchi no Maid ga Uzasugiru: Lolicon Maid xD
Zombieland Saga: No yuri/subtext as of yet but may happen.
Tonari no Kyuuketsuki san: Must Watch
Release The Spyce: Strong subtext
Anima Yell: Strong subtext
Tensei Shitara Slime Datta ken: MC choses to be female in an isekai so...
Double Decker Doug Kirill: A yuri pair is hinted in ED but episode centering around them is yet to air.
Senran Kagura youma-hen.

last edited at Nov 1, 2018 1:00PM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Autumn posted:

Tensei Shitara Slime Datta ken: MC choses to be female in an isekai so...

Isn't he reincarnated as slime though? That's kinda the title. Even if he is female slime I don't think it makes it much better.

EDIT/ Yea, I looked it up and he still identify as male and while his body resembles female, only reasons it does is because he absorbed girl to get ability to change into human. Also kinda defeats purpose of making him slime in the first place, if later he can just look human.

EDIT 2/ Found it in the manga. Not only he has no reproductive organs, he actually is disappointed he has no dick. So there goes your yuri. He is 100% male at heart.

last edited at Nov 1, 2018 2:29PM

joined Mar 11, 2016

EDIT/ Yea, I looked it up and he still identify as male and while his body resembles female, only reasons it does is because he absorbed girl to get ability to change into human. Also kinda defeats purpose of making him slime in the first place, if later he can just look human.

EDIT 2/ Found it in the manga. Not only he has no reproductive organs, he actually is disappointed he has no dick. So there goes your yuri. He is 100% male at heart.

But the girls will fall in love with his human girl form, No? I am 100% sure there will be some teasing involving that. But I m not watching it solely for the yuri. If it becomes boring for me I will drop it.

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

genderbend yuri is not my thing but i will tolerate.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Senran Kagura youma-hen.

Btw, how the "animation"? Still Berserk level?

joined Mar 11, 2016

Senran Kagura youma-hen.

Btw, how the "animation"? Still Berserk level?

About that, I am not watching the series either so can't help you there. komain. >_<

SSSS Gridman: Something tells me that Akane and Rikka's relationship wil be crucial to the plot/series. I wonder why? :V
[ED features only the two of them] Either it is to market their heroines or ...?

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

The yuri selfcest doujins write themselves for this show.

last edited at Nov 5, 2018 2:10PM

joined Mar 11, 2016

xDD
This anime is a treat for selfcest writers. =D

last edited at Nov 6, 2018 1:50AM

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

xDD
This anime is a treat for selfcest writers. =D

I think Yuu has different plans

joined Mar 11, 2016

^We might be onto something there:

She said!

last edited at Nov 17, 2018 1:53AM

joined Mar 11, 2016

Tonari no Kyuuketsuki san was amazing this week.

last edited at Nov 18, 2018 7:43AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.