Forum › Citrus discussion

flowergirl3211
joined May 1, 2013

When I first read the RAWs for this chapter (read as in "looked at the pretty pictures") I thought Mei was badass and that Matsuri was just an annoying bitch but reading the translation I have to say that I agree with Matsuri to some extent. Until now Mei has been using Yuzu for her own comfort and didn't give a damn about her feelings. Hopefully that'll change in the next chapters and Mei starts fighting for Yuzu's love.

I think we can definitely say that Mei realizes she's legitimately attracted to Yuzu, both physically and emotionally. But the thing is...

For Mei, sexuality is a tool. It's a useful means of getting what she wants. She went along with the male teacher in order to protect the school. She repeatedly uses sexual gestures toward Yuzu as a way of getting her to do what Mei wants, whether kissing her to keep her quiet or attempting to seduce her to ensure she remains a source of comfort. And the same thing just happened again. Faced off against Matsuri, Mei uses her sexuality as a bludgeon to send a message to Matsuri about what belongs to her.

So even though Mei is truly attracted to Yuzu, with one exception she's only been able to employ it as a kind of bargaining chip for Yuzu's attention. The exception is the kiss at the end of chapter 8. There was no artifice or planning behind what happened there, it was spontaneous, on both sides. Mei was overtaken by genuine desire, and you see her own reaction to it. She's startled.

I don't know how she ended up like this - maybe it was the affair with the teacher, or maybe something earlier - but that's how Mei sees sexuality right now, as a means to an end. Hopefully Yuzu can help her back toward a healthier and more fulfilling sexuality. I have confidence in her.

Thanks as always for the hard work, Yuri Project.

You're so right! I'd like to add that I think Matsuri is the same as Mei, though, in terms of seeing sexuality as a weapon to get what she wants. Mei and Matsuri aren't so different (Mei totally manipulated those boys who were looking up her skirt) in that regard. The difference, I think, is that, while they are both attracted to Yuzu, Matsuri sees her infatuation with her as more of an ongoing chase rather than actual love and care for Yuzu...lol idk

joined Jun 11, 2014

The Feels DEAR GOD THE FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

MinakoReiNanoFate
joined Jan 2, 2014

When I first read the RAWs for this chapter (read as in "looked at the pretty pictures") I thought Mei was badass and that Matsuri was just an annoying bitch but reading the translation I have to say that I agree with Matsuri to some extent. Until now Mei has been using Yuzu for her own comfort and didn't give a damn about her feelings. Hopefully that'll change in the next chapters and Mei starts fighting for Yuzu's love.

First thank you for this new chapter Yuri Project and I agree with mostly everyone we need more than one chapters every two months, I dislike Matsuri a bit less, she was right, Mei is just using Yuzu for her own comfort, hope this chapter helps Mei realized what she really feels for Yuzu (she's obviously in love with Yuzu, but to proud to say it to her) Can't wait to find out what is Matsuri going to do with that pic of them kissing, or rather a pic of Mei kissing Matsuri, this manga just keep getting better and better. Harumin already knows that Matsuri means trouble but like Harumin and Matsuri pointed out Yuzu is just too kind for her own she can't see the 'evils' of Matsuri and that Mei has been using her.

P.S. I apologize for any grammar or spelling mistake.

joined Dec 8, 2013

I mean... Don't you guys see...? MATSURI IS A COLOSAL B***H. rants all along

Now, I'm a little more relieved.
But she's still a b***h.

Avatar_200px_moyashimon_aspergillus-oryzae
joined Mar 14, 2014

I predict hate-sex on the horizon.

Screenshot_20220712-194055_tachiyomi%20(1)
joined Jun 22, 2013

I think we can definitely say that Mei realizes she's legitimately attracted to Yuzu, both physically and emotionally. But the thing is...

For Mei, sexuality is a tool. It's a useful means of getting what she wants. She went along with the male teacher in order to protect the school. She repeatedly uses sexual gestures toward Yuzu as a way of getting her to do what Mei wants, whether kissing her to keep her quiet or attempting to seduce her to ensure she remains a source of comfort. And the same thing just happened again. Faced off against Matsuri, Mei uses her sexuality as a bludgeon to send a message to Matsuri about what belongs to her.

So even though Mei is truly attracted to Yuzu, with one exception she's only been able to employ it as a kind of bargaining chip for Yuzu's attention. The exception is the kiss at the end of chapter 8. There was no artifice or planning behind what happened there, it was spontaneous, on both sides. Mei was overtaken by genuine desire, and you see her own reaction to it. She's startled.

I don't know how she ended up like this - maybe it was the affair with the teacher, or maybe something earlier - but that's how Mei sees sexuality right now, as a means to an end. Hopefully Yuzu can help her back toward a healthier and more fulfilling sexuality. I have confidence in her.

Well said.

Hm Matsuri is probably going to try (or maybe?) and blackmail Mei if not then just skip the blackmailing and straight show Yuzu the pic. But I think this will maybe force Mei to come out and say to Yuzu that she likes (Yuzu) a lot or something like your mine Onee-chan and no one else's.

last edited at Jun 11, 2014 9:03PM

joined Mar 23, 2013

All that is in this post is very true.

I also think part of it stems from her lack of parental affections. Both parents are absent, and gramps... is not really the kind of person I'd go for heart to heart discussions. Kids who lack parental affections often seek it from their peers.

But in her case, she's deeply hurt but is also intelligent enough that she could get hurt in relationships again. So she maintains a certain wall even amongst those who she possibly shared sexual / amorous encounters. You know what they say... opening your heart to someone means they can crush it at any time.

10698506_356095501219916_3104907167461467085_n
joined Sep 21, 2013

good chapter i do not like matsuri all though i thought she was gona do mei some physical harm at 1st not just black mail
comeing soon anyways

Eraser-for-really-big-mistakes
joined Jul 21, 2013

aww why dont just let the chapter end there i want more!!!

Bushouhuanying
joined Jul 7, 2013

can they beat crop out that one girl already that keeps making trouble. What a annoying bitch she is
I lov the steal kiss though , it's sexy and cute

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

I have to admit i was actually having fun in the first part before it got in the usual boring shit
ARE YOU SERIOUS!? HOW THE FUCK DID SHE PREDICT THAT SHE WOULD GET A HATE KISS!? NOT EVEN JOSEPH JOESTAR COULD PULL THAT KIND OF SHIT

last edited at Jun 11, 2014 10:05PM

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

She actually thought she was going to be punched, not kissed. It's referenced on the last page or so.

I hope this series goes on long enough for Saburouta to get bored with the main couple, and turn the series' attention towards its true heroes; HaruminxVP, and MatsurixHarumin's sister (or anyone, for that matter). Best couples, here we come!

last edited at Jun 11, 2014 10:11PM

Sayako
joined Mar 1, 2013

I have to admit i was actually having fun in the first part before it got in the usual boring shit
ARE YOU SERIOUS!? HOW THE FUCK DID SHE PREDICT THAT SHE WOULD GET A HATE KISS!? NOT EVEN JOSEPH JOESTAR COULD PULL THAT KIND OF SHIT

She expected a punch, not a kiss.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Oh right, my bad, lost my mind there for a minute
So her initial plan was to show the protag how her sister was mean or something? I don't think that would be very effective, pretty convenient for her that Mei is a sociopath

Fb_img_1557642301687
joined Aug 12, 2013

Is it just me or do the chapters feel shorter each time a new one comes out?

I do like Yuri drama, even if it's cliche and badly written. I just really love the way the characters are drawn and my attention has been captured.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

FANTASTIC CHAPTER!
Now I'm thinking that underneath all that bitchiness Matsuri's actually in love with Yuzu (or is playing a really, REALLY long con), in a way she and Mei are two sides of the same coin. People has gone before about how Mei see sex as a mean to that I want to add that she's (for a lack of a better term) way too 'square', if things would've been different she would've been the perfect submissive japanese wife, happy to keep alive the status quo. Once that his father had his middel age crisis and took an 'american' mindset she broke, now she looks for total and absolute control over any aspect of her life through any means. Yuzu's a wildcard since despite being wrapped under her finger she maintains that randomness, that unpredictablity and that's what sparked the interest for her.

Funny, at this point Mei is the real protagonist of Citrus.

joined May 2, 2014

Hole shit I'm finally going to read ittt

E8xkjfiweawhwl5
joined Sep 23, 2013

Mei is reacting this way as reversed jealousy. She seams to be deeply hurt emotionally, obviously caused in her past, that she found that way to push people around to never get attach and hurt ever again by anyone. I can tell she love Yuzu but she just wont admit it, specially to herself. So she involontary push her away as everyone else in her life. Im just really impatient to see her break and finally see her real face about the feelings she have, specially towards Yuzu

Toffee%20copy%202
joined Jan 2, 2014

in a galaxy not so far away......WAIFU WARS...sorry about that had to lighten up the mood anyways great chapter I was kinda scared when they where in the parking lot I thought matsuri was going to push mei into a speeding car also is it me or does matsuri seem like a scarier version of mika from DRRR

last edited at Jun 14, 2014 10:28PM

Images%20(6)
joined Nov 16, 2013

I hate the fact that i read through these stuff and it goes by like a flash. emotional roller coaster within a minute. It felt like a minute anyway. ;-;

joined Jun 1, 2014

OMG today is my birthday and you give me this! thanks a lot Saburouta and Yuri Project!

joined Mar 12, 2014

Holy shiett this is like watching telenovela all over again!

joined Apr 14, 2013

:D I need MOAR

Mulan1
joined May 18, 2013

Oh jeez.... I hope the picture doesn't get circled around the school. It would create so much drama! The story is just getting better and the art is pretty as always~
Thank you for the upload!

Akashic Records
Gray.garden.full.1907943.160.213
joined Sep 24, 2013

Dang it! When matsuri ask two boys to help her, my heart skipped a beat, and I'm getting scared to open each page after..... only to find out she just want them to take a picture.

Well, it's a blackmail picture, it's bad. But here I thought her request was something way more horrible.

Then again, Yuzu would see her as the bad guy if that was the case.

To reply you must either login or sign up.