Forum › Sweet Dreams discussion

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

and she still got sick because a mask doesnt to much with for a flu

joined Jan 5, 2018

These two are the perfect couple don't care if they don't confirm it in the show to me they totally are <3 <3 <3

joined Nov 21, 2017

Yeeey! Nanofate and Kohagura, thats's the best! \o/

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

This hit the spot.

Villian%20san%2050per
joined Sep 4, 2018

Ohh gosh so cute >////<

Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

Kohagura never fails to make me squeal, every new doujin is the cutest one yet.

These two are the perfect couple don't care if they don't confirm it in the show to me they totally are <3 <3 <3

The cutest and most badass couple, and in canon they're married and have a family with their adopted daughter Vivio.

last edited at Oct 15, 2018 11:09PM

Screen%20shot%202017-11-22%20at%201.04.04%20pm
joined Nov 18, 2017

Cute

last edited at Oct 15, 2018 11:23PM

joined Dec 16, 2017

The cutest and most badass couple, and in canon they're married and have a family with their adopted daughter Vivio.

That one time someone messed with Vivio...

Two words you never want to be on the receiving end of...

DIVINE BUSTER

They are definitely a power couple for sure.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

On a happier timeline there exists a show about the daily hijinks of the Takamachi family instead of the complete whatever that is the Vivid series.

Ayuwaka
joined May 27, 2018

Awesome Vivio. The best Yuri daughter.

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

... Is this titled "Sweet Dreams" or "Sweet Heat"? Also, where's the rest of this "Loreley omnibus"?

last edited at Oct 16, 2018 1:20PM

Images
joined Dec 7, 2014

Aaaaah... I'm melting in happiness!

Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

essentially married.

Legally married, going by the official adoption of their daughter.

joined Oct 14, 2017

More Fate x nanoha

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

essentially married.

Legally married, going by the official adoption of their daughter.

I don't know about Japan, but it is possible to adopt children without being married in most places.

Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

I don't know about Japan, but it is possible to adopt children without being married in most places.

It's easy if only one is the guardian but I don't know of any specific country where any 2 persons can get the guardianship of a child without having a marriage or an union binding the guardians together.
Specifically in Japan for an adopted child to have 2 legal guardians they need to be married, this is still one of the big sticking points in the same sex legal partnerships that are recently getting legalized in some cities since the right for both partners to be guardians isn't extended to them.
In Nanoha when Nanoha and Fate first adopted Vivio Fate was registered only as her godmother, but before Vivid started both her and Nanoha changed their status as legal guardians, that's one of the ways that their previously hinted marriage was sneaked into canon.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

It's easy if only one is the guardian but I don't know of any specific country where any 2 persons can get the guardianship of a child without having a marriage or an union binding the guardians together.
Specifically in Japan for an adopted child to have 2 legal guardians they need to be married, this is still one of the big sticking points in the same sex legal partnerships that are recently getting legalized in some cities since the right for both partners to be guardians isn't extended to them.
In Nanoha when Nanoha and Fate first adopted Vivio Fate was registered only as her godmother, but before Vivid started both her and Nanoha changed their status as legal guardians, that's one of the ways that their previously hinted marriage was sneaked into canon.

Oho~
The creators are quite sneaky. Not that it was a big secret that they are together, but such backhanded confirmation is pretty nice. Would be more obvious to Japanese people I suppose.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Then again it is not like these three live in Japan, in fact they do not even live on planet Earth. Not that I necessarily disagree with the conclusion mind you.

Fate and Vivio probably have Japanese citizenship though, seeing as Fate even went to school there and all. Easy enough for TSAB to pull some strings I assume.

last edited at Oct 17, 2018 1:45PM

Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

Then again it is not like these three live in Japan

Like in the fictional setting of most anime and manga, the law on Mid Childa is based on Japan's, the things that are different are specified like the laws regarding the use of firearms.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Like in the fictional setting of most anime and manga, the law on Mid Childa is based on Japan's, the things that are different are specified like the laws regarding the use of firearms.

That much is obvious. Well, it is not like the logistics here matter anyway, as long as they are a family. Which you can be without some legal document pointing it out.

Having said that, it is fun to think about how hard obtaining guardianship in this situation would have probably been for most people. Vivio is such an anomaly after all. Nanoha was certainly in the right place at the right time, but it probably pays to have her connections and background as well!

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Having said that, it is fun to think about how hard obtaining guardianship in this situation would have probably been for most people. Vivio is such an anomaly after all. Nanoha was certainly in the right place at the right time, but it probably pays to have her connections and background as well!

That, and I doubt anybody in the Mid-Childa administration would want to anger the "White Devil" of the TSAB by refusing her to form her ideal family. XD

13124839_1589396498054389_6595928075628769960_n
joined Nov 14, 2016

That, and I doubt anybody in the Mid-Childa administration would want to anger the "White Devil" of the TSAB by refusing her to form her ideal family. XD

Yep, cause the last thing anyone wants to be on is the wrong end of a Starlight Breaker

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

If you would ask me for my opinion, I'd say that the comparability of Mid Childan law to modern Japanese law is very ambiguous, and probably on purpose; it allows the creators plenty of plausible deniability, because saying "assume that Mid Childan law is broadly the same as current Japanese law unless it's explicitly said otherwise" doesn't actually guarantee any degree of similarity between the two jurisdictions in question that hasn't been clearly shown. For all we know, Mid Childa's LGBTQ+ stance radically differs from Japan's current one in that LGBTQ+ is considered normal, socially acceptable, and legally on equal footing with heterosexuality, such that the culture is actually unused to the idea of heteronormativity and homophobia as anything but something that is only upheld by a "deviant" minority (if they even exist in modern Mid Childan society; maybe they all moved to distant backwater worlds to get themselves away from the "depravity-ridden" majority or something).

Which is, you know, how most Nanohaverse fanfics that I've read (especially the ones with yuri couples) portray Mid Childa.

Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

If you would ask me for my opinion, I'd say that the comparability of Mid Childan law to modern Japanese law is very ambiguous, and probably on purpose; it allows the creators plenty of plausible deniability

I don't think that your hypothesis fits with the fact that they intentionally changed Fate from being a Godmother to being a legal guardian, and plausible deniability on their marriage hasn't been a thing for 8 or 9 years.

joined Feb 23, 2016

Omg~ i need waay more!!

To reply you must either login or sign up.