Forum › My Master & Furry-eared Girl Mel discussion

Cnwdrjjvmail6tq
joined Jun 30, 2017

I almost died in cuteness at the ending.
Master and Mell forever :3!!

ThatSuccubusGirl
joined Jul 8, 2018

That last look on master is the "Oh shit I think I am a pedophile" look

Kat%202
joined Mar 6, 2012

"This loli beast girl loves me!?"
...... SCOOOOORE!

Img_20180401_104003
joined Nov 26, 2017

Mel kissed master!
It's super effective!!

Img_20180401_104003
joined Nov 26, 2017

i wont approve master x mel ship until mel reach her legal age duh

last edited at Oct 14, 2018 9:57AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

i wont approve master x mel ship until mel's age is legal duh

What is the lifespan of beastkin, when do they reach sexual maturity, and what is their legal age of consent?

Download202001sdsfsfdsfsdfdsfdsfs02154639
joined Apr 18, 2016

What is the lifespan of beastkin, when do they reach sexual maturity, and what is their legal age of consent?

Nothing's been said that would indicate they live shorter lives than humans yet. And it wouldnt be that out of the question for the marriageable age to be lower since this is more of an olden days setting. The bigger limiting factor seems to be race.

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

You see fellas? That young, clueless beastkin lesbian is an allegory for lesbians

joined Aug 11, 2018

Master’s gonna be up all night thinking about doing lewd stuff to the loli

yea, of course :^)

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Nothing's been said that would indicate they live shorter lives than humans yet. And it wouldnt be that out of the question for the marriageable age to be lower since this is more of an olden days setting. The bigger limiting factor seems to be race.

Well, right, my point being that moral judgments about a hypothetical future Mel/Master romantic relationship generally assume some facts not in evidence, since beastkin don't actually exist in real life, and the story has been mostly silent on the nuts-and-bolts of what beastkin actually are and how they are integrated into non-beastkin society.

The most concrete evidence we have on such matters are Mist's anti-pedo warnings and Fran's "beastkin cannot be lovers with their masters," and although both Mist and Fran may turn out to be exactly right, neither one is exactly portrayed as a well-informed authority figure.

I personally would love to hear Colette's definitive position on the issue.

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

welp didn't expect the manga gets heavy.

Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

Well, right, my point being that moral judgments about a hypothetical future Mel/Master romantic relationship generally assume some facts not in evidence, since beastkin don't actually exist in real life, and the story has been mostly silent on the nuts-and-bolts of what beastkin actually are and how they are integrated into non-beastkin society.

The most concrete evidence we have on such matters are Mist's anti-pedo warnings and Fran's "beastkin cannot be lovers with their masters," and although both Mist and Fran may turn out to be exactly right, neither one is exactly portrayed as a well-informed authority figure.

There is official art of them fucking.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

There is official art of them fucking.

Right, but it's pretty clear at this point (as it was not for quite a few chapters at the beginning) that this series is an entirely different continuity from the several different doujins (although I did not think so at first and even argued the opposite).

The "Master and Me" stories start out with Mel and the Master already in a "special," explicitly physically intimate relationship, and, while it was implied that certain aspects of their relationship should be kept private, even from Colette, there was almost no suggestion that it constituted any sort of major ethical, moral, or legal problem. (In fact, there was relatively little attention paid to much of anything outside the house itself.)

I suppose by a very large stretch of the imagination you could argue that those more sexually explicit stories take place after the events in this one, but I really don't think so--the tone and the attitudes of the characters are just so different, and this series has lately become considerably more continuity-conscious and structured on multi-episode arcs than it was at first and much more so than the doujins ever were. So whatever the ultimate relationship between the two characters turns out to be, this series is clearly making that relationship an important problem to be solved rather than taking their intimacy for granted.

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

they will move to legally married yuri couple country.

Maki%20und%20nico
joined Nov 18, 2014

when you can finally lewd the loli face

nothing wrong with loli
i mean we all get molested at some point in our lives

last edited at Oct 14, 2018 2:57PM by

joined Feb 3, 2016

i'm hurting for marie's feelings towards mel :') i ship them more than master and mel

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

Wow so much drama suddenly. It looks like this will be different from doujin version. And I think Marie is in love with Mel

last edited at Oct 14, 2018 3:22PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Wow so much drama suddenly. It looks like this will be different from doujin version. And I think Marie is in love with Mel

We're pretty sure that's true, so can Marie not speak of her love because:

• She knows that Mel is in love with someone else.
  • Beastkin are not allowed to love their masters, and two beastkin girls are not allowed to love one another.

Which raises the further questions:

Are there even any male beastkin?
Are beastkin allowed to love humans who are not their masters?

Or are beastkin girls forbidden from ever loving anyone at all?

To which I say thee nay, nay, a thousand times nay! Mel must be allowed to love and to be loved freely and fully, for the moe power of Mel hath restored the frozen heart of her beautiful, kind, doting Master because Mel is the cutest thing ever to go on two or four legs, especially what with the fluffy tail and the big eyes. Plus the collar.

(The falling off things into the arms of the Master doesn't hurt the cuteness factor either.)

(ahem) But as I was saying--love must overcome!

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

What do they mean by 'not allowed'? Legally or morally? 'Cause beastkins are kinda slaves so it is ok to take a child like buying a hamster but it is forbidden to be in a relationship with them. All characters are nice people so in the end I just want them to be happy

last edited at Oct 14, 2018 4:03PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

What do they mean by 'not allowed'? Legally or morally?

Well, that's the question. Fran quotes the teacher from the beastkin school:

"'In order to bring about a society where humans and beastkin can coexist, both must maintain acceptable mutual relations.'"

But that's pretty vague--what counts as "acceptable"?

Fran herself goes on to say (not quoting anything): "Being lovers goes too far, and isn't acceptable."

So Fran might be making her own assumption, or it's not an actual law but just a version of segregation-era prejudices that frowned on interracial marriages.

As has been true all along, we know so little about the specifics of how this world works and what the legal/social status of the beastkin might be that there could be any number of explanations/rationales for a law/custom like Fran describes, and the author has only just begun to give us crumbs of information about such matters.

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

The biology of this whole thing is not even slightly filled in. How do beastkin reproduce? Where do they come from? Do they get old? How big do they get?

For all we know, Mel is full grown. Or she could not be full grown until she was 30, live to 200, and look like she's 14 as an adult. Or turn into a dog when she reaches 16.

I'm sure Itou Hachi has some sort of idea of how this works, but so far we have no background. It seems to me like there must be some weird science going on, because this doesn't seem like a magic type world, though at the same time it's clear this is a low tech world for the most part.

Ultimately I think this was meant to be an excuse to draw loli 15% furry maids but just for story's sake there is going to have to be an explanation.

De7crl9h_400x400
joined Jul 17, 2017

The biology of this whole thing is not even slightly filled in. How do beastkin reproduce? Where do they come from? Do they get old? How big do they get?

For all we know, Mel is full grown. Or she could not be full grown until she was 30, live to 200, and look like she's 14 as an adult. Or turn into a dog when she reaches 16.

I'm sure Itou Hachi has some sort of idea of how this works, but so far we have no background. It seems to me like there must be some weird science going on, because this doesn't seem like a magic type world, though at the same time it's clear this is a low tech world for the most part.

Ultimately I think this was meant to be an excuse to draw loli 15% furry maids but just for story's sake there is going to have to be an explanation.

Mel has been stated as being 10 years of age before iirc, I might be a year or two off, but her age has definitely been brought up in canon.

tbh I wouldn't mind Itou keeping it mysterious, I also wouldn't mind if the exact mechanics were revealed, but it doesn't impact my enjoyment of the manga at all whatsoever.

To reply you must either login or sign up.