Forum › Bloom Into You discussion

A8655427-a1fe-40eb-9c2f-10bb35cb2487
joined Aug 26, 2018

I hate Touko now. Yuu, you deserved a better person than Touko.

I know, right?
Maybe Touko was bitten by Mei Aihara during these two months?

Hmm if Touko was bitten by Mei, she’d definitely be much more sexier and seductive ;)

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

It could be unfair and lead to hurt down the road if Touko accepted or something. Yes, there is more she could have communicated, but Yuu would probably still be hurting. She really does love Touko, but Touko is not there.

So appreciative of this story. Painful but true.

Whether they end up together or not, I'm expect this author to close in a way I can accept and respect.

joined Jun 12, 2015

This is it. All of it has been leading up to this moment. Lets see how Yuu and Touko will manage.

joined Mar 25, 2013

I'm kinda into the fact that Yuu hasn't made some terrible misunderstanding about how Touko reacted. She really has been rejected, and Touko really does think that she's not special anymore. It's not a situation where the problem is already solved, and the two leads just have to talk to each other to realise it - the problem is the same core conflict that the entire story has revolved around up to this point, and we're just waiting to see if Touko has grown enough as a person and gathered enough personal experiences and perspective that she can allow herself to change.

There was that slight miscommunication when Yuu confessed and Touko apologized, when Yuu thought Touko was rejecting her when that wasn't what Touko was apologizing for, but she was gonna reject her either way.

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

This is so beautiful and sad.

Images
joined Aug 14, 2016

this is my most favorite manga I've read so far (next is citrus),..why is it the chapter takes so long and it is killing me *blink *blink..
i followed its anime version already...

Zombeh_azumanga_daioh_by_maesterrory
joined Sep 20, 2014

The anime was just announced to! my heart better not be broken with cliches!

Richardevans
joined Jun 1, 2016

Student council tag :o

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Leave it to Nakatani Nio to make even what essentially amounts to aimless wandering make my heart ache.

It doesn't matter whether Yuu is special as the only person Touko can show her true self to anymore. It doesn't matter whether Yuu will ever be able to understand love in her mind. They are so caught up in their roles and mental prisons that they miss the obvious.
It's clear that they love each other beyond all those things! Yearning for each other when they are alone, hurting when they are together, it all comes from the same place: deep seated love.

Now that they are both at a loss what to do on their own, there is only one possible solution. Outside intervention. Sayaka or Konomi are the most likely candidates.

joined Sep 30, 2018

Leave it to Nakatani Nio to make even what essentially amounts to aimless wandering make my heart ache.

It doesn't matter whether Yuu is special as the only person Touko can show her true self to anymore. It doesn't matter whether Yuu will ever be able to understand love in her mind. They are so caught up in their roles and mental prisons that they miss the obvious.
It's clear that they love each other beyond all those things! Yearning for each other when they are alone, hurting when they are together, it all comes from the same place: deep seated love.

Now that they are both at a loss what to do on their own, there is only one possible solution. Outside intervention. Sayaka or Konomi are the most likely candidates.

yuu's big sis would be most likely candidate too

last edited at Sep 30, 2018 10:05AM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Hmm, true enough. She did say she was on Yuu's side. I just feel like it would be great if someone who has a better grasp on Touko was the one to help. Sayaka is obvious, but Konomi saw through Touko just by her gut feeling after all.
There are many options essentially, I just hope it won't be dragged out too much. Can't hope to have a resolution before the class trip tho.

joined Sep 30, 2018

Ive had a feeling that this day might come. And i don't think if Nakatani sensei would make a happy ending for these two idiots. But i hope that yuu got what she deserves and same goes for the stupid bulbasaur named touko.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Ive had a feeling that this day might come. And i don't think if Nakatani sensei would make a happy ending for these two idiots. But i hope that yuu got what she deserves and same goes for the stupid bulbasaur named touko.

Woah... someone's on edge.
This is undoubtedly going for a happy end. You can quote me on that for all eternity, I don't care.

joined Sep 30, 2018

There are many options essentially, I just hope it won't be dragged out too much. Can't hope to have a resolution before the class trip tho.

Talk about class trip, i guess Sayaka had the biggest chance to hit touko on that day.. but pfttt would Sayaka really do that? Wont she just being straight forward and tell touko about her feelings too? anddd things become more complicated until vol 7:)))

joined Sep 30, 2018

Woah... someone's on edge.
This is undoubtedly going for a happy end. You can quote me on that for all eternity, I don't care.

Cmon im just being pessimist

Heimyfr
joined Aug 18, 2015

My bet is Touko going after Yuu now. She was always in love with her.

Hmm, true enough. She did say she was on Yuu's side. I just feel like it would be great if someone who has a better grasp on Touko was the one to help. Sayaka is obvious, but Konomi saw through Touko just by her gut feeling after all.

If we take your theory i'd go this.
Maki, the boy who is in the Student Council.

Don't tell me you guys forgot this guy, who got his own chapter in chapter 7 :)
He wants to make this "play" succeed.

For good measure, reread this page: https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/bloom_into_you_ch07#24
You'll see he's the actual trigger who made Yuu confess eventually.

last edited at Sep 30, 2018 10:35AM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

For good measure, reread this page: https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/bloom_into_you_ch07#24
You'll see he's the actual trigger who made Yuu confess eventually.

Woah now, I didn't forget about Maki at all! lol
The problem is that he prefers to not meddle too much. He might be someone Yuu can confide in, but I can't see him really being the one to turn this around, although he'd be willing to help if asked.

Well to be fair, a lot of people triggered realizations in Yuu and Touko. Maki doesn't have that honor all to himself.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I've been kind of harping all along about the question of if and when Maki's knowledge of the Yuu-Touko relationship would come up again, just because it's not like Nakatani to build in a fairly significant plot device and then totally forget about it.

I mean, any author can make a bit of a false start with a character then decide against it, but this series has been remarkably consistent in being economical with its characters and plot devices.

On the other hand, I don't recall many other significant Maki moments (meaningful side glances, reaction shots, etc.) subsequent to that initial revelation, which I would expect if that element is going to play a substantial role this late in the game.

tl;dr: maybe Maki, I don't know.

Edit
joined Apr 30, 2016

This was one gloomy read, but I don't feel sad. The presentation is so neat(as always)! The way it's all presented... Touko and Yuu feeling the pain of separation, each of them gradually moving towards realizing the importance of the other in their life, of their bond... is just WOW. IMHO, this way of getting MCs back together is significantly better than some unpolished love-triangle-jealousy method widely used by many. Nakatani's storytelling si simply amazing.

Our heroines have come a long way since they first met, Touko is no longer her insecure self and Yuu is finally recognizing the nature of her love, I think what's happening in this chapter will eventually be a good thing for them both. Unless the author is specifically aiming for a tragic end, they should be able to move past this obstruction in their relation given some time, and quite possibly a little help from their friends/family.

joined Aug 22, 2016

I don't believe that the ending is going to be sour. It may be bittersweet but the story itself is a romance, which for a story to be defined as part of the romance genre, the story must have a happy or at least optimistic ending. Either they start dating or they reconcile, acknowledge how each loved each other differently, learn a positive life lesson and move on from each other amicably. Those are truly the only two options for the story to remain a romance. Otherwise, drama alone would define the entire story.

The writer I think is doing something genius with the story. At the end of the play the big question for Sayaka's character was if she could continue loving Touko's character, even if she wasn't the "same" as the girl Sayaka fell for. Outside the play, Touko is now having to ask herself that same question; if she still loves, and can still love, a Yuu different from her original and projected understanding of Yuu. The Yuu that Touko did love.

If we follow that line of thinking then it is possible that Yuu and Touko will start over without any preconceived or assumed views on how each other are supposed to be, and learn to love each other for who they are; the mixed bag that usually makes up a person.

I feel bad when users say they hate Touko now or with another saying how Yuu and Touko deserve something bad happening to them for some arbitrary and subjective reason -- please note that I'm not conflating the comments though -- and even to that end I don't think anyone ever deserves anything. There are only natural ends to behaviors. Though that is my own opinion.

To be clear, as Touko says in this chapter, her "I'm sorry" wasn't a rejection, but an apology for her severe selfishness that forced Yuu to keep her emotions in. However, Yuu actively enabled Touko to believe that Yuu herself would never fall in love with Touko. The confession, as viewed by Touko, would have been like a rogue wave and she's responding as such. And if we look at Yuu's actions, she built herself up to believe that the only answer Touko could give her was a "yes". To Yuu, love is and has always been something simple and sweet, something straight out of a shojo-manga.

In this moment both Yuu and Touko have been blindsided by each other. Neither are acting malicious nor hateful, both are just in need of a little direction. I'm not blaming Yuu, but I do feel that it is important to note that Touko did try to talk to her in this chapter. Only for Yuu, understandably, to turn her away.

last edited at Sep 30, 2018 11:35AM

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

"What is love?"

Well, you see this feeling of being slapped in the face, punched in the stomach and completely numb to pain after a rejection? That's what love is. No real surprise in this chap, only the fact that Touko would have rejected Yuu either way, making the initial misunderstanding a bit awkward, narratively speaking.

There's starting to be some backlash on other sites too, haha. X) It does feel like your typical romantic third act. But I still like the chapter's atmosphere; makes you share the characters' feelings beautifully.

joined Aug 22, 2016

"What is love?"

Well, you see this feeling of being slapped in the face, punched in the stomach and completely numb to pain after a rejection? That's what love is. No real surprise in this chap, only the fact that Touko would have rejected Yuu either way, making the initial misunderstanding a bit awkward, narratively speaking.

There's starting to be some backlash on other sites too, haha. X) It does feel like your typical romantic third act. But I still like the chapter's atmosphere; makes you share the characters' feelings beautifully.

The characters are certainly being naturally awkward, but I don't think the narrative is negatively awkward. Yuu and others built herself up for nothing but a "yes" from Touko so anything other than yes, even painful honesty, would be devastating for her. The relationship between the two of them has been good but based on assumptions and enabling assurances. Good for friends maybe, a Senpai/Kohai relationship as well, but not for a healthy romantic relationship.

I'm not surprised by the chapter as I don't think there was any other way, any other logical way, for the story to go based on how it has gone thus far.

[Below] Really? she wants to discard Yuu just like that?

Not at all. Touko greatly misses Yuu, she just doesn't know what to do next. To her their entire relationship was suddenly redefined by things she herself admittedly didn't realize or at least didn't want to accept. Touko, in my view, simply doesn't know what to do or of how to feel for Yuu. Lost, scared even, but not discarding.

last edited at Sep 30, 2018 11:46AM

joined Jun 30, 2016

Really? she wants to discard Yuu just like that? and what about Yuu? she finally tried "love" and now because of this she is locking it away, returning to her old self... this is getting really troublesome for them!

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

I’m extremely frustrated...

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

reading the whole chapter made me feel so heavy and sad. I feel for Yuu

To reply you must either login or sign up.