Forum › Introducing Dynasty Premium

Bryn_120
joined May 9, 2011

last year was a beast too. as I remember it was a change from yuri to yaoi completely? someone remind me

You are completely correct, they still use one of the banners from that time, so great. xD

Ya know, thinking about it, I wouldn't mind at all having the option to make monthly donations, but it's hard to say who I would want this to go to. With scans coming in from all over... Maybe we just need a yuri 'humble bundle' so we can designate just who we want our money to go to, heh.

1259340236_9555_full
joined Feb 8, 2013

I have a bad feelin'.. Even though it's 1st April, i'm still scared. I have no money to pay, i'm poor student - -'

Same here.... I dont even have that "Magic Card"

Aand_this_one_too_by_shiniez
joined Jan 19, 2013

I was in on the paying thing even after reading some of the posts. I then realized April Wait, April Fools. x) Got me good.
Deglorath who posted April 1, 2013 1:30am and joined May 9, 2011 are you the same person I see on The Yuri Cannons DA site and Tumbler? On there I am Smithca 1988.

last edited at Apr 1, 2013 1:13AM

joined Dec 24, 2011

TORONTO, Canadia—March 31, 2013— Dynasty-Scans® is proud to present a new and improved Dynasty Reader® experience. This new strategy will ensure that as Dynasty-Scans® can continue to provide innovative solutions in an increasingly competitive global manga market. In addition to allowing current users to support the Dynasty Reader® through compulsory monetization*, Dynasty-Scans® will begin offering new premium services on both an ad hoc and subscription basis.

• Yuri Goggles™ accounts will allow you to view up to 30 chapters per month! Yuri Goggles™ accounts are available for free! Don't want to wait in the queue? For just $1, you get instant access for 24 hours or 50 chapters, whichever comes first!

• Spitting Distance™ accounts will allow you to view the site without any of the in-chapter advertisements and will give you instant access to new chapters (up to 100 per week)! Spitting Distance™ accounts are available for $3 per month or just $30 per year! Spitting Distance™ users can access the Dynasty Reader® App for iOS™ or Android™ for no additional cost!

• Gay For Pay™ accounts will allow you to view the site without any advertisements and give you unlimited instant access to all of our content. Gay For Pay™ accounts are available for $5 per month or just $50 per year! Gay For Pay™ users not only get access to the Dynasty Reader® App for iOS™ or Android™, they can also download backup copies in our secure DSM ebook format** for just $1 per chapter or $4 per volume!

The Dynasty-Scans® board of directors approved the rebranding and new monetization strategy in light of the recent failure of digital manga reader JManga. Board chairman Casusby issued the following statement to the staff in announcing the new policy: "I approve of all this. Make it happen people."

Dynasty-Scans: Mostly Dicks, All For You

About Dynasty-Scans
Dynasty-Scans® (http://dynasty-scans.com) was founded in 2005 by Wyvern_D (editor), Co_ol (translator) and ChronoXVIII (editor, proofreader) in order to pick up Pastel™. The group started with only one project but quickly expanded the number of series, favoring shoujo-ai and manga with kickass artwork. quincy lead the group until July 2006. At that point, Casusby jumped in and since then, has ruled over dynasty-scans as its supreme leader (much like Kim Jong Il). In August 2009, the flagship project was dropped due to disinterest by the staff, leading Dynasty-Scans® to focus to settle on yuri and some fringe series. The Dynasty Reader®, launched in 2009, provided a central location for yuri manga online. By 2012, the Dynasty Reader® had become the face of the group, transforming the way at least 10 people read manga.

*Usage of Adblock Plus and similar tools may result in temporary suspension of an account or permanent banning upon repeat offenses.

**DSM ebooks require an internet connection. Loss of connection may cause your content to be rendered temporarily unavailable.

MrEngenious Admin
Puff
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

You have successfully quoted the OP using Markdown's way of producing quotations.

last edited at Apr 1, 2013 1:43AM

joined Nov 11, 2010

last year was a beast too. as I remember it was a change from yuri to yaoi completely? someone remind me

You are completely correct, they still use one of the banners from that time, so great. xD

Ya know, thinking about it, I wouldn't mind at all having the option to make monthly donations, but it's hard to say who I would want this to go to. With scans coming in from all over... Maybe we just need a yuri 'humble bundle' so we can designate just who we want our money to go to, heh.

I think if people want to donate, they should look into the individual scanlation groups or imported/licensed official manga instead of focusing too much on Dynasty. I mean, I love Dynasty and all, but with them being an unlicensed fan hosting site, ultimately our support should go to the authors and mangaka, with fangroup donations only being remotely justified if they are restricted to covering operating costs. Seeing as Dynasty has not opened themselves up for donations (or donation mediation to other groups, which is kind of a bizarre idea) for now, I would completely put away the idea of giving them money.

Even though Dynasty exists, it is conscientious to remember to go and visit the individual scanlator groups and leave a word of thanks or see how they're doing. A lot of them will have info about donation drives or such things on their page if they are doing them. If people would like to support those groups or the projects they are working on, they should think about donating there.

Fox_paw_tribal
joined Feb 25, 2013

I told myself I wouldn't fall for any April Fool pranks. And what do you know, the one time I let down my guard DS pulls a fast one over me. XD Well played.

And that whole "surver is full" window that popped up. I was all, "wtf?" but when I checked the forum, it all made sense. XD

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Heh, good one.
I knew it was a joke right away, but I also realized that I wouldn't really mind paying 5$ per month.

Untitled2
joined Jan 31, 2013

F***!!! dayum you!! I literally stayed for like 45mins to wait for my queue. T_T

I forgot it was April Fool's day. :))

nice one dynasty-scans.. haha

4og3pf8
joined Jan 27, 2012

Hi,

I don't mind premium if you can bring in moar watersports!!

Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

fuck scared the shit out of me for a minute there.

20220929_212732
joined Jul 21, 2011

almost had me there. was about to go cry in a corner haha , you guys are just awesome!

Shizuma_r%20twitter%20ava
joined Sep 16, 2011

hahaha me too reiji xD

joined Mar 30, 2012

I had that wtf moment, panicked so much almost forgot about april fools. Good one guys.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

As soon as I saw the banner, it seemed strange. The message seemed a bit off and very unlike dynasty scans. Even so, you had me worried. Then I saw the April fools comment in this forum.

Untitled-1
joined Apr 1, 2013

The queue got me completely! Really good one, guys, although it made me think that I spend too much time on this website everyday. Now I am scared.

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

i had a feelling that this was a joke, but i was sure at the moment i saw "really don't care about the money?"

i had to catch the joke at the glance, but i was half-sleeping, and i began to think how many euro i was willing to pay for continue to use the reading ...

joined May 22, 2011

right before i came here i was at deviate art's new ' beta dating site' rofl, came here and thought you guys were rolling out the same joke. all i saw was the" desperate and lonely? really don't care about money? dynasty premium!" and then i had to click the banner for the lulz. it was like that ad was written for me

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

I think if people want to donate, they should look into the individual scanlation groups or imported/licensed official manga instead of focusing too much on Dynasty. I mean, I love Dynasty and all, but with them being an unlicensed fan hosting site, ultimately our support should go to the authors and mangaka, with fangroup donations only being remotely justified if they are restricted to covering operating costs. Seeing as Dynasty has not opened themselves up for donations (or donation mediation to other groups, which is kind of a bizarre idea) for now, I would completely put away the idea of giving them money.

Even though Dynasty exists, it is conscientious to remember to go and visit the individual scanlator groups and leave a word of thanks or see how they're doing. A lot of them will have info about donation drives or such things on their page if they are doing them. If people would like to support those groups or the projects they are working on, they should think about donating there.

you are right, but in this time i can't think who has need the more of our support.
it's a very bad moment for the press, book, comics and manga, and for all arts in general, it seems that no one want to read or think no more.
fangroups and artist who doesn't work under a publisher, and try to live using the net, deserve some money from the lovers, and at the same time the scanlation group that do the work that is not profitable for the publishers and distributors.

with the P2Ps the music changed, but there're a lot of live festival in the word, and a lot of music in the net,
i fear for the other form of arts.

Psx_20160306_172109
joined Mar 21, 2013

That was terrifying. I was pretty excited for a dynasty scans app though xD
Great work terrifying the crap out of yuri fans around teh world. Keep up the (free) amazing work guys!

Blyat
joined Sep 12, 2012

Dammit, that got me! I'd still pay though, just sayan'!

joined Apr 1, 2013

Seriously guys, can anyone explain me about this ? Is this real or just april fools?

Bryn_120
joined May 9, 2011

I was in on the paying thing even after reading some of the posts. I then realized April Wait, April Fools. x) Got me good.
Deglorath who posted April 1, 2013 1:30am and joined May 9, 2011 are you the same person I see on The Yuri Cannons DA site and Tumbler? On there I am Smithca 1988.

Heh, hey there, yeah that would be me. :)

Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 10, 2010

Still better conditions than jmanga. Sold!

hahahHAHAHAAHAA

MrEngenious Admin
Puff
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

Seriously guys, can anyone explain me about this ? Is this real or just april fools?

We apologize for the confusion.
For additional help, please purchase the Yuri Goggles™ account level to be able to see the hidden text informing you of the reality of the situation.
If you have already purchased higher tier accounts, you are required to purchase Yuri Goggles™ as a supplementary to allow us to make the necessary tweaks to your account settings hosted on our Always Online Never DRM Server™.
Thank you for your patience, but your money would be more appreciated in the line of yuri business.

last edited at Apr 1, 2013 8:24AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.