Forum › Anime season

Skulltroop_far_wht
joined Jun 3, 2018

Checked out first episode of "Drop Kick on my Devil!" and it just dumps you way into the story without any real character or world introductions. Starts after chapter 38 or later of manga (based on characters who are already in the anime). So if you're planning on watching it, might want to read the manga first up until ch.38 at least.

joined Mar 11, 2016

Another 22/7 clip https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0qpk-Ww-wE

KyoAni? I can already see it turning into a disappointment. Meh

It's not KyoAni. It feels like KyoAni because Yukiko Horiguchi is involved in the project. Hopefully, she'll anime the anime, as she seems to be doing it with the shorts, already.
Horiguchi pretty much defined KyoAni style, and they emulate her style until today. But she left KyoAni in 2014.

Right. Now I may give it a try. Have stopped watching KyoAni because of Fake Subtext since Hibiki I think.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Checked out first episode of "Drop Kick on my Devil!" and it just dumps you way into the story without any real character or world introductions. Starts after chapter 38 or later of manga (based on characters who are already in the anime). So if you're planning on watching it, might want to read the manga first up until ch.38 at least.

I remember skimming through the first chapters and they weren't that violent. I wonder if that's the reason why they skipped until later.
Well, it's episodic, so it doesn't matter much. They'll probably animate chapters out of order.
The show itself is not that funny, but it's still fun. Yurine is great.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Aikatsu friends without context is quite fun too. And that's not even the best one!

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Aikatsu friends without context is quite fun too. And that's not even the best one!

Even in context it's pretty gay, actually.

last edited at Jul 13, 2018 10:50AM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Harukana Receive They didn't make a joke about the cousin still fitting her old swimsuit... such a wasted opportunity

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

Happy Sugar Life first ep was actually good, the op,the ed and the voice actors (Hanakana :3) were all great, and the animiation and the facial expressions were nice, the only thing that bothered me was the ending spoiler at the beginning, why do directors (or whoever is in charge of this) have this annoying habit of spoiling the ending in the first minutes of a show?! what do they gain by this i wonder.
I actually read the manga long ago and nearly forgot everything that happened, did that scene happen in the manga or are they going for an Anime-Original ending?

last edited at Jul 13, 2018 6:44PM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

BladE1337A posted:

Happy Sugar Life first ep was actually good, the op,the ed and the voice actors (Hanakana :3) were all great, and the animiation and the facial expressions were nice, the only thing that bothered me was the ending spoiler at the beginning, why do directors (or whoever is in charge of this) have this annoying habit of spoiling the ending in the first minutes of a show?! what do they gain by this i wonder.
I actually read the manga long ago and nearly forgot everything that happened, did that scene happen in the manga or are they going for an Anime-Original ending?

Most likely to hook you on the series as fast as possible. In the current times unless you catch audience attentions literally the second show starts, you risk of people not even reaching half of the episode.

joined Jan 7, 2018

the op was more than enough to hook you with how it is both cute and dark at the same time. plus the twist at the end and not mentioning the tones shift and the facial expressions..basically, it wasn't necessary to add that spoiler. well not that i'm complaining, everything else was fine, and if they're gonna go for an original ending, they need to do it well without it being too rushed. not that i'm a fan of anime original endings, but i guess it can't be helped. boring cliche anime (cough black clover cough) gets +50 eps but anime with unique characters and story gets one cour with anime original ending.

Skulltroop_far_wht
joined Jun 3, 2018

Revue Starlight just blew my mind. Definitely the most hypest show this season. If it can keep it up it'll be an anime of the year contender even.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I can't watch Revue because Hidive fucked up the subtitles really bad... this series deserves a dedicated fansub, in fact https://twitter.com/hidiveofficial/status/1018267535727382529 even thought is 2 days later, they blame it on being simulcast.
There are some fans working on it, so wait 'till next week

last edited at Jul 14, 2018 7:42PM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

I'm not sure who decided that the latest Love Live clone should be 40% Utena by volume, but I'm not complaining. It is Pretty Great

Hana3
joined Mar 22, 2018

Platelets. 'Nuff said.

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

I'm not sure who decided that the latest Love Live clone should be 40% Utena by volume, but I'm not complaining. It is Pretty Great

I'd argue idols and theatre are rather different.

But ye, the director has worked under Ikuhara, so iy was expected.

last edited at Jul 15, 2018 8:19AM

joined Jan 7, 2018

i came in expecting a normal school music anime filled of gay cute girls.. god, how long it's been since i got twisted like this? gakkou gurashi

last edited at Jul 15, 2018 5:16PM

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

I feel sorry for Karen's girlfriend room-mate though, poor girl.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Waiting subs for the Chuunibyou movie from kyoani... Mostly for Dekomori x Nibutani moments, I already was spoiled for one but it made me more excited

last edited at Jul 18, 2018 2:38PM

joined Jan 7, 2018

Guys, is Yama no susume worth watching for the gay?

Waiting subs for the Chuunibyou movie from kyoani... Mostly for Dekomori x Nibutani moments, I already was spoiled for one but it made me more excited

Masaka, you mean that ship wasn't just a bait?

last edited at Jul 18, 2018 3:13PM

Skulltroop_far_wht
joined Jun 3, 2018

Guys, is Yama no susume worth watching for the gay?

The two main girls are definitely cute and extremely shippable with how they act with each other but there's not any real gay happening (yet). Still, its a really a good CGDCT SOL show.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

You shouldn't watch it for that, they're really cute and none of them has a boyfriend, that's for sure... As for Nibu and Deko... Well they already kissed accidentally in the ova but come on and kyoani is pushing it really hard

joined Jan 7, 2018

I knew about their kiss but i was talking about the movie. i doubt they will make it canon, but we'll see.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Magical Girl SPEC-OPS ASUKA gets anime!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CN2ijAANWjQ
But look at 'em tags
Action Drama Fantasy Horror Psychological School Life Supernatural Tragedy

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

ANN Review of Hanebado 04 "I wish the show believed in Hanesaki's compelling character development enough to quit overcompensating with so much manufactured melodrama."

This line is pretty much my opinion on the series so far, is literally trying to hard when it doesn't need to! so far it's been really difficult to watch and enjoy even with the nice visuals... A shame.

And then we have Harukana who already fixed most of the protagonist problems through good feelings, motivation and teamwork ....and fanservice

last edited at Jul 23, 2018 10:59PM

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

Is ATM from Jashin Dropkick canon!?
Jashin X Medusa is cannon!?
they're trash couple tho.

last edited at Jul 26, 2018 8:38AM

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

Reminder that there's this to look forward to. Hope they don't delay it any further.

To reply you must either login or sign up.