Forum › I Saw Some Yuri discussion

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Just seeing this a as comical thing.
10/10

last edited at Apr 27, 2018 8:07PM

joined Mar 15, 2017

I haven't seen the raws but I guess "noble" is translated from 尊い in which case that's otaku slang and doesn't really mean "noble".

Going back to this, because I think I ought to have explained that what I mean about it being otaku slang is that in the last few years it has emerged as being a generic way to praise yuri stuff (and other otaku stuff, such as idols). To some extent it's like it has usurped "moe", which is dated now. And I don't think "moe" really fit all that well with yuri so it seems like it was especially easy for something else to take hold among yuri fans. So you could translate it as "precious" or something along those lines, but the word choice is more because it's a meme, rather than it being chosen for the word's real meaning.

Maki_avi-2
joined Apr 13, 2018

Reejun posted:

I haven't seen the raws but I guess "noble" is translated from 尊い in which case that's otaku slang and doesn't really mean "noble".

Going back to this, because I think I ought to have explained that what I mean about it being otaku slang is that in the last few years it has emerged as being a generic way to praise yuri stuff (and other otaku stuff, such as idols). To some extent it's like it has usurped "moe", which is dated now. And I don't think "moe" really fit all that well with yuri so it seems like it was especially easy for something else to take hold among yuri fans. So you could translate it as "precious" or something along those lines, but the word choice is more because it's a meme, rather than it being chosen for the word's real meaning.

Basically the Japanese equivalent of "precious cinnamon bun too pure for this world?" XP

Harumin_8018
joined Jan 19, 2018

Man, this whole "sex is not pure" thing going on in Japan is such a strange thing. Sex is not inherently dirty or wrong. Might be a cultural thing

Agreed. I don't get it really

ColdGoldLazarus
Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

"Pure Yuris - Whereabouts Of The Sex"

last edited at May 1, 2018 2:24PM

Z3
joined Aug 20, 2016

People seem to be reading something in the tone that I'm not getting:

pg. 1 ["Back in the day, I was clueless about yuri. Since then, I've learned and changed, so now I'm on team yuri."]
pg. 2 ["I saw that couple again, and found out they still just kiss. I had no idea that 'purity' thing really existed--amazing!"]

Given that the narrator obviously has had sex with women, I read that "noble" and "an incredible yuri" as mostly ironic--the narrator's reaction in the last panel is like, "Holy crap--really?" and definitely not, "Wow--that's so admirable!"

^

To reply you must either login or sign up.