Forum › Anime season

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Yuri and yuri adjacent series next season:

Amanchu - This is getting a sequel

Comic Girls - Fairly typical CGDCT series, with all that applies

Cutie Honey Universe - Maybe? The franchise is known to have some interesting subtext, but there's some prominent males in the promotional material

Hisone & Masotan - Mostly female cast; I don't expect much romantic, but it could be shippable. More than anything I'm expecting it to be interesting, though, as an original series with a solid staff

Lost Song - Original series with a pair of female leads, which tends to end up yuri-ish. Netflix licensed it, though, so watching it requires either fansubs or waiting half a year

Lostorage conflated WIXOSS - The first Lostorage have some striking subtext, and it's bringing back characters from Selector material, including the rather gay Peeping Analyze. But it has the same writer as the previous season and consequentially probably won't be good

Mahou Shoujo Site - Has a yuri relationship between the main characters in the background. But mostly it's really dark, especially early on

Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online - Mostly female cast, does not have Kirito. Not really expecting any romance here, but might be shippable

Tachibanakan To Lie Angle - Yuri fanservice! And it's shorts from the people that did the NTR anime

Uma Musume Pretty Derby - One of those light and fluffy all-girl series. I'd expect subtext at a bare minimum

Other stuff of note: Golden Kamuy looks good, there's a new Gundam Build Fighters, and a Steins;Gate sequel

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I was having high hopes for Uma Musume but then I saw the character designs and there it was... out of nowhere... The Trainer .-. and it was a guy, so I expect something like Kancolle "ship all you want, at the end they all belong to one guy" of course I'm just talking theoretically, but I can't get my hopes up when a series pulls out The manager, The Trainer, The captain and The sensei and so on...

last edited at Mar 19, 2018 12:13AM

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Hisone and Masotan is also written by Mari Okada. On the bad side, it's Mari Okada. On the good side, she does put some gay content in her works.

Also, Happy Sugar Life just got an announcement for an anime adaptation.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Hisone and Masotan is also written by Mari Okada. On the bad side, it's Mari Okada. On the good side, she does put some gay content in her works.

Hey now, I like Okada. Most of the time. On the other hand, I've never been impressed by her attempts at romance

Also, Happy Sugar Life just got an announcement for an anime adaptation.

Sources here are a bit iffy, but I don't know why someone would fake that

So, neat! I like the manga and am somewhat worried about how they'll adapt it

Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

fem hakunon is the only MC that matters in last encore

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

Happy sugar life anime in summer, holy fuck.

http://m-p.sakura.ne.jp/Html/anime.html

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

MADE IN ABYSS RECAP MOVIES? AS IF THE SERIES DIDNT LOOK BEAUTIFUL ENOUGH!

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

fem hakunon is the only MC that matters in last encore

While I doubt Hakuno will turn out worse than the nameless deadface, I'd like to see her in action before passing judgement

Happy sugar life anime in summer, holy fuck.

Huh, those AnimeJapan announcements tend to be for shows further out. Be nice if someone would translate the announcement, though!

MADE IN ABYSS RECAP MOVIES? AS IF THE SERIES DIDNT LOOK BEAUTIFUL ENOUGH!

Not like they're obligated to improve the animation

joined Jun 11, 2016

Recap movies tend to be more beautiful then their original counterparts, no?

Also this was just released

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

SF posted:

Wait a minuuuute... that english dub doesn't suck to the point of making my ears bleed, is this the power of netflix?

I actually don't know if happy sugar life could be good... When I saw the tag yandere I started ignoring the manga, I thiiiiiiiiiiiiiink maybe I saw the first chapter, can't remember tbh

joined Jun 11, 2016

SF posted:

Wait a minuuuute... that english dub doesn't suck to the point of making my ears bleed, is this the power of netflix?

You misspelled Adult Swim :P, and I don't see what wrong with English dubs.

Also about Happy Sugar Life, I read the first several chapters and I think it's pretty damn good, I think the yandere part isn't really something to worry about (I hope), I'm looking forward to this adaption, I could see it being done by Studio Lerche or DEEN.

last edited at Mar 20, 2018 10:44PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Oh, is always netflix lately... my bad.
They tend to be either uninspired or sound amateur and overreacted, you can never feel they have a natural conversation, like when you're watching some dub of a history channel's documentary... Sometimes I feel the dub is just complementary, most of the times it makes me cringe

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Usually because they touch up or reanimate iffy parts of the original. Don't think they'll have much to do this time

Nope, nope, that's exactly backwards. Netflix has been getting flack for the shitty dubs they produce

Happy Sugar Life

People are saying the anime announcement is in a magazine leak, but I haven't seen these purported scans :/

Also, I'm not sure I'd consider it yuri? It's about a girl who loves another girl, but the relationship isn't exactly romantic

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

Usually because they touch up or reanimate iffy parts of the original. Don't think they'll have much to do this time

Nope, nope, that's exactly backwards. Netflix has been getting flack for the shitty dubs they produce

Happy Sugar Life

People are saying the anime announcement is in a magazine leak, but I haven't seen these purported scans :/

Also, I'm not sure I'd consider it yuri? It's about a girl who loves another girl, but the relationship isn't exactly romantic

http://happysugarlife.tv/

website is up already.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Is someone watching Marchen Madchen? did you know they took like two weeks of break to improve the animation?

I'm watching the new episode, is hilarious!! how awfully animated it is... The episode starts with a fight that you can't take seriously, I've heard that animators are treated like shit and paid worse than that, so I guess they only used newbies here and the time off is only to improve the last episodes because... Oh my God! IS HORRIBLE! in one part, a blonde Russian girl shows up and in the next scene she has red hair and different clothes... "just that?" you think? well, is not just that, the hair and clothes belong to a different character that was also there and I'm not confusing these characters because the scene runs with the seiyu speaking but changed the character half the way... This is not only a fault in animation, there's barely direction or order here.

Oh wow! I have to pause every 10 seconds...

Oh no... Now the blonde Russian has a different seiyu in the middle of a pillow fight... this hurts

last edited at Mar 22, 2018 10:20PM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

I was watching Maerchen Maedchen before it went on hiatus, but it's not making me want to pick it back up

joined Dec 4, 2016

Slow start. Is this legit good show or it is good because it's yuri? Looks like boring show for me, not fans of artstyle either.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Slow start. Is this legit good show or it is good because it's yuri? Looks like boring show for me, not fans of artstyle either.

The yuri bits are legit good, at least. the quality tends to depend on who's getting focus, which, combined with the main character being rather bland, means that most of the show is somewhat sub-par, unfortunately

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Slow start without Eiko wouldn't be worth watching I think... Tama is a lot of fun tho!

Speaking of subtext, anyone finished the ramen girl? how was it after all? did they ate each others noodles? was it spicy?

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

Toji no Miko has improved a lot during these last episodes. It began as a kind of generic anime, but dang are episodes 11-12 different. Kudos, I must say.

Maerchen Maedchen was a joke this week.

Yuru Camp and A Place Further than the Universe are over. They will be missed!

I will not miss Ms. Koizumi Loves Ramen. What a snoozefest. I must be a masochist for watching it until the end.

last edited at Mar 23, 2018 4:43PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Is it really over? a place further than the universe? I believe there will be another one next week, it would be good enough to close it this week but even if we can't reach the same emotional level, there's a lot left untold, I need a 13 episode to "wrap things up"
Just like Overlord, I would be a bit disappointed if the next episode is the last one.

Koi wa Ameagari no You ni looks like is not dealing with the age gap at all! in the last few episodes they're mostly dealing with their choices in life unrelated to their odd relationship, the old guy and the girl are pretty similar both have something they enjoy a lot, but Kendo san gave up his dream and found himself a wife, had a kid too... But he always had regrets and his best friend succeeded in that same dream... And Akira, the protagonist loves to run but had an accident and found herself attracted to this old man, is easy to give up your dream when you're in love, but maybe that's not the right thing to do after all, maybe she will have the same regrets. Surprisingly, is this what Ameagari is all about?
Also harder to believe but both character seem to have a friend of the same sex in love with them... I can't confirm this but the show isn't trying to prove something else.

last edited at Mar 23, 2018 7:49PM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Toji no Miko has improved a lot during these last episodes. It began as a kind of generic anime, but dang are episodes 11-12 different. Kudos, I must say.

Of course, the episodes right before this finale period were probably the worst, so it's not really a linear improvement. And they killed off the most likable character in in the cast, what the fuck

A Place Further than the Universe [is] over.

Pretty certain there's another episode yet

last edited at Mar 23, 2018 9:07PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.