Forum › A Kiss And A White Lily discussion

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

This time around the gay was off the charts!

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

^^ It's a fair argument, but a bit exagerated if you ask me. Most honorifics really don't tell us much we don't already know from the characters' personalities and interactions. The nuance lost by dropping them is usually negligeable − and when they are really important, there are always ways to translate them one way or another (except for "senpai", as I said). The first name/last name basis is much more significant overall. And keep in mind that Japanese is a language where the level of speech and dialect is marked everywhere, so much that you can sometimes have 10 characters and recognize each of them just by the way they talk. It's extremely tricky to convey all these nuances accurately, honorifics or not.

Sure, I don't have to drop them in a scanlation, but to me honorifics are still an integral part of the Japanese language specifically, so I guess I don't want my translations to look too much like a mishmash. But I can get why some are attached to them.

I have to agree with you on this. For a story like this especially it's going to be -san and -chan and that's going to get repetitive. Unless there's a joke specifically about dropping the honorifics then it's not going to matter.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Sometimes I think those little theaters have more progress than the romance of the actual series lol. Nonetheless a good update for me! :)

Wait for chapter 40. =3 It has our two dork at their cutest.

For a story like this especially it's going to be -san and -chan and that's going to get repetitive.

This too.

So they kissed right in front of Torayama's mom and she didn't mind....welp
Cute chapter anyway kinda interesting seeing how Ayaka talked about Yurine

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

So they kissed right in front of Torayama's mom and she didn't mind....welp
Cute chapter anyway kinda interesting seeing how Ayaka talked about Yurine

Hey, hey, now. It was an accident. Mrs. Torayama is a mature human being and isn't going to point it out and laugh.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

"I see that you've become much closer."--Mom really doesn't miss a trick, does she?

And has Shiramine's hair finally become coterminous with the universe? Those are the infinite reaches of deep space, right?

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

^^ If we'd had a shot on her face I'm pretty sure we would have seen this.

justasplanned

It's a pity we didn't see an actual kiss between them though. =[

And has Shiramine's hair finally become coterminous with the universe? Those are the infinite reaches of deep space, right?

The tentacles must spread phoromone or something.

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

Confessing in fron of her Mon lmao

Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

Man I love tsundere pairings. There so fukin cute.

Icon%20lily
joined Jan 20, 2015

Chapter 39 is out, and I'm running out of room for this goddamn chart.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xRwslFvF0fbx8uu7sPY2jdLVU3jjmuYc/view?usp=sharing

Check out this chart. It's out of this world

joined Nov 27, 2017

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xRwslFvF0fbx8uu7sPY2jdLVU3jjmuYc/view?usp=sharing

Oh man, someone went out of their way to fully document the network of the mochiverse. That's amazing.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Every time a new chapter comes out that doesn't feature the central pair I think, "Dang! I really wish we'd just get back to Yurine and Ayaka, ffs!"

Then this chart reminds me that I have quite a bit of affection for many of these other characters/pairs, and I wouldn't mind seeing more of them. (Especially, at the moment and not in any particular order: Itsuki/Sawa; Chiharu/Izumi; Mizuki/Moe.)

So thanks for the chart.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

^ You're welcome. :þ I really wish I could buy the physical volumes just to reread whatever arc I want at my leisure…

By the way, Canno has posted a quick manga about a tsundere werewolf on her Twitter… I wonder if I should translate it…

Ouch. >.> I should really try out this author someday. Everyone seems to praise her/him…

Z7geahm
joined Sep 7, 2016

everyone is gay lmaoo

Episode9-2
joined Mar 9, 2014

I feel like this series would make a good anime because of its (mainly) episodic structure. But that's just wishful thinking itsn't it...

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Eeh, I don't know about that. If there was an anime, there'd probably be only one season, so either they'd have to drop the side couples, or they'd have to leave the main couple's arc unfinished… not a good thing either way. =[ Unless they reorganize everything.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

We need to up the gay more, MORE!!!

joined May 25, 2017

the art improvement is spectacular but its freaking me out that I thought shiramine was hideri from blend s for a sec

Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

Cute chapter and the art has improved a lot, but when will we get some AyakaxYurine chapters? Translator-san, do you know anything about this?

732535__safe_anthro_vinyl%20scratch_octavia_dj%20pon-dash-3_octavia%20melody_artist-colon-theyoungreaper1
joined Mar 14, 2016

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT (kiss kiss kiss kiss)

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

the art improvement is spectacular but its freaking me out that I thought shiramine was hideri from blend s for a sec

What does she look like? :o

Cute chapter and the art has improved a lot, but when will we get some AyakaxYurine chapters? Translator-san, do you know anything about this?

Chapter 40 is 100% AyaYuri.

^

It's a trap btw lmao

Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

Chapter 40 is 100% AyaYuri.

Thank kami! And you of course :-D

joined Jan 20, 2018

This manga will get anime

joined Jan 14, 2018

This is the best manga I've read here.

To reply you must either login or sign up.