Forum › Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha Reflection THE COMICS discussion

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

loli nanoha is back!

And it is movie loli, since she has the gauntlets.

last edited at Feb 4, 2018 9:16AM by

Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

I wonder if they will make this story diverge from the movie's, like they did with the previous movie manga.
Also I have the feeling that this translation is not very accurate in some parts, but this is a new group so there's room for improvement.

joined Feb 4, 2018

I love how Fate only looks at Nanoha. ^^ And the way she holds her hand.

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

Ah, leave it to the TSAB to have child sized miniskirst for uniforms.

In any case, shall we start betting on which chapter Nanoha will get injured and require a year of rehab?

last edited at Feb 4, 2018 8:12PM

joined Nov 26, 2017

This is a good reading, I simply love it.

Sshot-8
joined Oct 25, 2011

This feels kind of like someone's first outing as a mangaka.

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

Hot take: translators should leave their snarky comments in the comments section or credits page at the end of wherever they want to post their translations, and not directly on the pages of their translations.

last edited at Feb 5, 2018 12:46AM

joined Apr 9, 2013

I can't hold my excitement! Welcome back magic devices! It's good to see my little Fate and Nanoha again. Suzuka, Arisa and Arf, too! I missed them.

B2d851f5e0b7ee9dcba73dc4d62048f0
joined Feb 5, 2018

fate being cute! i can't!! ^///^

joined Feb 2, 2018

I wonder if they will make this story diverge from the movie's, like they did with the previous movie manga.

Well it's being advertised as a side story, so I'm thinking this will be more of StrikerS manga fare. Since they ran out of space/time in the main thing to do additional character development they'll do it here. Like the next issue is Kyrie meeting Iris as a kid.

Also I have the feeling that this translation is not very accurate in some parts, but this is a new group so there's room for improvement.

Well, I never claimed to be great, buuut since noone was going to translate this...In any case, I'm interested, which part do you think was most problematic from the accuracy standpoint. I'm interested.

last edited at Feb 5, 2018 8:30PM

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

Well it's being advertised as a side story, so I'm thinking this will be more of StrikerS manga fare. Since they ran out of space/time in the main thing to do additional character development they'll do it here. Like the next issue is Kyrie meeting Iris as a kid.

Well, I never claimed to be great, buuut since noone was going to translate this...In any case, I'm interested, which part do you think was most problematic from the accuracy standpoint. I'm interested.

Good on ya to be open to suggestions.

Like I said before, try not to put stuff like translation notes and snarky comments in the manga.

About that "Tonkatsu" "Soba" "Donburi" "Tempura" sequence on page 21: you either need to translate those words or leave them alone. Don't half-ass it by putting the words in quotation marks and giving a TL note for 3 out of the 4.

You also need to break this up into two parts.

joined Nov 26, 2017

I am not a fan but the story ain't that bad.

joined Feb 2, 2018

I wasn't half assing them. They were in quotations in the original for a VERY good reason. They are being spoken of by FOREIGNERS, not native Japanese, and as such t indicates their unfamiliarity with local cuisine that they are learning about. As such a valuable part of subtext would be lost if I translated it or removed the quotes.
Wait, 3 out of 4?...
OH. Huh, that skipped past all checks. I did not make a note what soba is... oh wow, I confused them didn't I? Donburi is generic term for rice with some food and soba are the noodles? Then again I'm going at this from dictionary since I have no idea of ins and outs of Japanese cuisine.
Okay yeah, the note then has a mistake. Bummer.

As for the bubble, it does have an nontraditional layout but it's easier and more natural to read than finishing one bubble and then having to scan UP for the start of the next. This works for Japanese since in manga, due to their way of writing, but not as much for western world.

The thing that is a problem with that bubble is that translation since I could never pin the exact meaning of that one despite consulting quite a few people who knew the language. Well meaning other than Fate is being Fate.

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

ch 2, pg 05, "while patting me on head." - "on the head"
pg 15, "fly n sky" - "fly in the sky"
pg 22, "give that as a presents!" - "as a present!"
pg 31, "nformation" - "information"

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

ch 1, pg 14, "rightnow" needs space.

joined Feb 2, 2018

Whelp FUCK. Thank for spotting those. I wonder if I can somehow push the corrected ones. And this is after it went past several eyes.

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

ch 2 has few errors:

pg 05, “while patting me on head.” – “on the head”
pg 15, “fly n sky” – “fly in the sky”
pg 22, “give that as a presents!” – “as a present!”
pg 31, “nformation” – “information”

errors were fixed: https://mega.nz/#!yygwCJKL!BweztknRx5bbYxzxPc3Nj1m5O9U02jttIdgPnszKK1s

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

I remember these characters. I played Nanoha Gears of Destiny few years back but it looks like the story is different from one another.

last edited at Mar 29, 2018 1:54PM

4th Dimension
joined Feb 2, 2018

I remember these characters. I played Nanoha Gears of Destiny few years back but it looks like the story is different from one another.

Yeah. As someone translating the Gears of Destiny right now (in form of YouTube videos), I have to say I think I very much preffer the GoD version of the story. AND the characters. Kyrie there is not this much of an idiot, or a crybaby. Damit I want my jackass Kyrie.

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

ch 04, pg 8 "had became" should be, "had become"
pg 19, "n bed" should be, "in bed"

Images%20(2)
joined Feb 9, 2016

Yay! More nanohaaa

Snowflakes%20icon
joined Jun 22, 2014

Embarrassed Signum ♪(๑ᴖ◡ᴖ๑)♪
I love how they develop Signum and Fate's friendshipm and finally Nanoha can shine too :) Her watered down power from Vivid was annoying me so much, it's lovely to get her back.

4th Dimension
joined Feb 2, 2018

Yay! More nanohaaa

Yay more foreshadowing she might get herself wrecked...

last edited at May 27, 2018 3:11PM

Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

It's good to see that NanoFate's mamas are serious adults that are making sure their daughters get used to child labour before they join the TSAB full time. I don't think a regular waitress job will be enough to prepare Nanoha for getting impaled by a robot.

To reply you must either login or sign up.