Forum › Honkai Impact 3 - Violet Sea Story discussion

Just a goddess with her guardian
Picsart_05-18-01.21.06
joined May 9, 2017

Never thought i will see a hk3 yuri doujin here, but wow

Whatsapp%20image%202019-04-25%20at%2010.16.22%20pm%20(1)
joined Jan 4, 2018

This is not doujin. It's official manga i guess. Btw add me on the game pleasee~ lol

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

Seems a bit disjointed, is that on purpose?

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

"a bit" might be an understatement XD

last edited at Jan 31, 2018 9:05PM

joined Jul 22, 2016

I read it in Chinese before. Eh, wow, it is a bit more disjointed than I remember. This story (the violet sea story) is actually a flashback arc discussing Bronya's past. It's pretty good (and sad).

Mostly%20sunny
joined Oct 26, 2016

The pages are out of order.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Fun game, wish I could silence that chat in-game, tho. Kinda tired of reading people talking about lolis.

joined Oct 26, 2016

Wow, looks interesting so far. Surprised it's a mobile game lol might try it out if I have time.

Healing-punchiiiii
joined Jan 21, 2016

I was literally just playing it a minute ago. Checked Dynasty for daily dose of Yuri and saw this. Wow. ;)
ID: 11578849 for friends.

Fun game, wish I could silence that chat in-game, tho. Kinda tired of reading people talking about lolis.

Lol I totally agree. Theresa is out now so at least today all I'm seeing are gacha stuff.

joined Dec 15, 2017

I think there is like... one girl who is straight in HI 3rd. The others have hints or even out right become couples. And men... they are background characters, one of them is the final boss.

The whole relationship is full-blown yuri. But the story of HI 3 manhua is pretty disjointed, Gun Girl School Day (HI 2) has more yuri though. And later chapters are trying to sink the official ship and previous establishment >…<, going as far as making the villain more likeable by giving him reasons to do bad things?? Or throwing in the genderbent version of MC and making him the ancestor of MC's family, just to create a BG couple?? If anything, I kind of prefer the writers of Gun Girl,they make excellent story, its a shame that HI 3rd is full of gabbage.

Btw, the lolis are all gay LoL, and one is a legal loli.

Ps: is anyone in SEA server??

joined Jul 26, 2016

Chances are not everyone here plays the game so this might be an useful reference to explain the setting etc. (Both the timeline and the relevant character entries spoil this manhwa tho...)

The whole relationship is full-blown yuri. But the story of HI 3 manhua is pretty disjointed, Gun Girl School Day (HI 2) has more yuri though. And later chapters are trying to sink the official ship and previous establishment >…<, going as far as making the villain more likeable by giving him reasons to do bad things?? Or throwing in the genderbent version of MC and making him the ancestor of MC's family, just to create a BG couple?? If anything, I kind of prefer the writers of Gun Girl,they make excellent story, its a shame that HI 3rd is full of gabbage.

The official "main" manhwa has lore conflicts with the game anyway - namely Bronya knowing Kiana and Mei already before the whole 3rd Herrscher mess rather than only meeting them in the Academy, and who knows what business Yae has wandering out in the real world that early - so you can probably treat it as "alternate universe" version of the story in general.
ʅ ( • ε • ) ʃ
Herrscher!Mei was 10/10 tho.

Even Sin is ridiculously yandere for Bronya, going by the convos in the Chiyou side chapter... :3

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

I don't know what source the translation is being made from, by the way, but I heard the original chinese source is censored, with the kids between two girls being removed. The game itself suffer from lot of censures in China, but japanese and SEA versions seems to be safe from it.

Chances are not everyone here plays the game so this might be an useful reference to explain the setting etc. (Both the timeline and the relevant character entries spoil this manhwa tho...)

I'm actually playing since some weeks ago, but the setting is really confused and they don't try to explain much, so that helps me, too.

I mean, my problem isn't really the lolis, but how the comments are all kinda of waifuing and such. What's fine, I won't try to stop then, but I would rather not read it. Are japanese and SEA versions different, by the way?

joined Jul 26, 2016

I'm actually playing since some weeks ago, but the setting is really confused and they don't try to explain much, so that helps me, too.

It's got pretty intricate lore for a mobage brawler, certainly.

Are japanese and SEA versions different, by the way?

Far as I've heard mainly SEA's the least up to date on content which is understandable as it hasn't even been up for all that long. No idea if there's differences in the gacha systems and suchlike tho.

joined Apr 27, 2017

Opens up game and opens up dynasty while loading, finds the game's official manga. Interesting.

Also, 11649933 for those who wants to friend me on the Chinese server. I play almost everyday but don't do a lot of multiplayer due to latency issues. We can always chat about Yuri though ;)

Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

The hell am I reading. I assume there's some kind of background for this because this is really odd pacing.

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

This seems real cool. A little bit confusing. The comments here are helping. Lolis huh? Don't really want to be around those kind of people though . . .

joined Dec 15, 2017

The official "main" manhwa has lore conflicts with the game anyway - namely Bronya knowing Kiana and Mei already before the whole 3rd Herrscher mess rather than only meeting them in the Academy, and who knows what business Yae has wandering out in the real world that early - so you can probably treat it as "alternate universe" version of the story in general.
ʅ ( • ε • ) ʃ
Herrscher!Mei was 10/10 tho.

Well yeah, they confirm that Gun Girl and HI 3 are parallel worlds while the manhua is AU to the storyline of HI 3 game. And the first few chapters of the manhua is from Gun Girl storyline (the hairstyles of Mei and Kiana in GG are different from the ones in HI 3), that's why they are so much disjointed.

I love Herrscher!Mei but we all know Herrscher!Kiana is the ultimate 10/10 though

I mean, my problem isn't really the lolis, but how the comments are all kinda of waifuing and such. What's fine, I won't try to stop then, but I would rather not read it

Agree, I wish I could just turn the chat box off, they always end up discussing such things its annoying.

last edited at Feb 1, 2018 8:46PM

joined Jul 26, 2016

The hell am I reading. I assume there's some kind of background for this because this is really odd pacing.

Mostly it's just a bit rushed, which I suppose isn't atypical for this kind of "background expansion" work, and could definitely use some work on transitioning from one scene to the next. Ch 2 is the worst offender so far as it pretty much jumps arcs without any warning and apparently starts telling the new one from the end to boot. D:

Well yeah, they confirm that Gun Girl and HI 3 are parallel worlds while the manhua is AU to the storyline of HI 3 game. And the first few chapters of the manhua is from Gun Girl storyline (the hairstyles of Mei and Kiana in GG are different from the ones in HI 3), that's why they are so much disjointed.

...was talking about the "main" HI3 manga versus the game though. The scanlated chapters I've seen already have enough irreconcilable conflicts in detail that treating it as some degree of "alternate continuity" seems warranted.

joined Dec 15, 2017

...was talking about the "main" HI3 manga versus the game though. The scanlated chapters I've seen already have enough irreconcilable conflicts in detail that treating it as some degree of "alternate continuity" seems warranted.

I see. Sure, its pretty much canon-divergent comparing to the game, I read the original CN version and it's even shown more clearly in later chapters. The manhua is divided into arcs and the chapters don't follow the timeline, hell, I don't know what I'm reading anymore because the spacing and writing leave a large gap to be filled.

There is one thing would stay the same though, Bad ending for everyone TvT

last edited at Feb 2, 2018 2:58AM

Fb_img_1519730104292
joined Sep 16, 2017

NYAAAAAANIIIIIII!!!!??? DIDN'T FOCKIN EXPECT FOR HONKAI IMPACT TO BE IN HERE!!!

joined Jan 31, 2018

I don't know what source the translation is being made from, by the way, but I heard the original chinese source is censored

It was censored quite recently, about a few weeks back. The translations are being based on the state it was in before it got censored. In fact, the page with Bronya licking Seele's tears was one of the pages removed.

A few pages were removed here and there and a whole arc (100+ pages) was removed from the "main story" most likely because China no longer wants certain historical figures being depicted as characters (around the same time F/GO got banned). For the people who thought it was a bit disjointed before the censorship, the missing arc makes it way worse since it actually directly connects the two arcs before and after it.

last edited at Feb 2, 2018 3:27AM

Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

Can someone please explain to me why did she put snow into her mouth before shooting the witch in the First chapter?

I'm only asking that because that's like the third time I've seen an anime character doing so while trying to ambush someone in a snowfield...

A classic example was in Rurouni Kenshin when an assassin tried to kill Kenshin Himura in a snow-filled forest. Everytime he attacked him by surprise, the assassin would grab a handfull of snow and put it in his mouth before attacking again.

Why though? Is It somekind of a Lucky charm or a tatic to calm the nerves or there is actually a pratical reason behind It?

joined Jan 31, 2018

Can someone please explain to me why did she put snow into her mouth before shooting the witch in the First chapter?

I'm only asking that because that's like the third time I've seen an anime character doing so while trying to ambush someone in a snowfield...

A classic example was in Rurouni Kenshin when an assassin tried to kill Kenshin Himura in a snow-filled forest. Everytime he attacked him by surprise, the assassin would grab a handfull of snow and put it in his mouth before attacking again.

Why though? Is It somekind of a Lucky charm or a tatic to calm the nerves or there is actually a pratical reason behind It?

Eating snow lowers body temperature, so they do that to prevent their breath from showing in the cold and give away their location.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

^ Infamous Finnish sniper named Simo "White Death" Häyhä, with an official report of 505 kills, would put snow in his mouth to hide his breath in the cold air.

last edited at Feb 3, 2018 1:49PM

Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

Oh. That makes a Lot of sense.

Thanks Arnite and Cannibal

To reply you must either login or sign up.