Forum › Anime season

09_lapis_lazuline
joined Aug 12, 2017

Can't wait to see people's reaction to Sarina, AKA one of the most realistically despicable bullies I've seen in fiction.

joined Nov 26, 2017

Kimi No Todoke has been one of my favorite anime and manga novel. It’s a typical story of a girl who is so timid and a popular boy. Sawako kind of remind me of not just Sadako of The Ring, but so as Sunako Nakahara of Yamato Nadeshiko. My favorite part is when they have found a dog with a red leash on their way to school. They have adopted him and named him Maru and that is where their friendship begins. It is actually a typical love story wherein Mr. Popular meet Ms. Nobody. I am still waiting for the continuation of the story as the last update from Karuho Shiina as I don’t think that the story is not yet finished.

last edited at Jan 25, 2018 8:10PM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

marge123 posted:

Kimi No Todoke has been one of my favorite anime and manga novel.

The series died for me when they finally confessed to each other and then manage to both misunderstand each other confession for rejection and then series dragged a bit more before they finally made up and got together.

Jhkjhk
joined Jan 7, 2014

I watched Houseki no Kuni. I still haven't gotten along with Pho's semi-sudden change. I liked this show.

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

well crap all hope for incest in kekkai sensen is lost dammit!! tobi must die!!
well crap at least next season get incest anime alice alice
screw not blood related imouto!!
yuri family anime when!!

last edited at Jan 26, 2018 3:51AM

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

I feel like Citrus got dumber in anime form. I don't remember laughing as hard as I just did at the scene where Himeko tries to rape Mei. Can't wait to see how two of the worst arcs turn out.

Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

RIP Female Hakuno :(

last edited at Jan 28, 2018 2:57PM

09_lapis_lazuline
joined Aug 12, 2017

Wonder how many people that pissed off.

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

Ah right, it's Fate/Extra, not Apocrypha... all these weird names are confusing the hell out of me. Okay, as someone who's definitely never gonna watch Fate, I require context for that image posted here yesterday... if male Hakuno's the star (I remember people getting pissed about that!), how does female Hakuno even exist...? More importantly, how does she die? I just realized that the anime apparently started yesterday, so I assume that it's a weird time loop or alternate universe thing or something...? What a copout in that case...

Also, I got pissed off when I don't even know anything about Fate! All those images with Hakuno and some random girl made me kind of like her though or at least her "yuri potential," so to speak. Just another reason not to watch Fate, I suppose... (pretty petty reason not to, I know, but I have to say I'm not really interested in it at all... nothing against those who like it though, of course).

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

I replied to your question in the comment section of that image, minutoh.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

The impression I got is that "Hakuno" doesn't really have a set gender and just happens to be male in this loop

It's still really impressive and worth a look regardless, though

Also I hear that this is split cour, covering both main routes, so who knows, we might get the female version and Tamamo in 6 months

joined Feb 15, 2013

Oh god no......What the fuck.....This sounds awful....

Flip Flappers are one of my favourite anime, and it still gonna be difficult to rewatch it with this dub...

The impression about all of the main characters are ruined...

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

Does anyone know who drew the end card illustration on Slow Start episode 4? The art looks so familiar. I thought it was the artist of Kiniro Mosaic, but it wasn't...

last edited at Jan 29, 2018 3:52AM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I didn't know where else to say this but Mai Hime is really awful for a yuri series... This probably was said a million times before but I can't believe it was one of the most famous and popular yuri animations out there... I should've left it "on hold" forever.

When I was at chapter 11 I decided to contact a friend to ask "where's the yuri? I'm getting a fucking tons of het and cheap ecchi" and he only said "It's shit" so I jumped to chapter 18 and what do I get? more het... And it seems like there will be yaoi too up ahead. Words can not express my disappointment well enough, I don't care about the ending (I deleted the whole series) at this point... Mai Hime should never be recommended to fans of yuri, that's a cruel joke and I had 4 days without internet, I almost watched the whole thing.

joined Jun 17, 2014

I didn't know where else to say this but Mai Hime is really awful for a yuri series... This probably was said a million times before but I can't believe it was one of the most famous and popular yuri animations out there... I should've left it "on hold" forever.

When I was at chapter 11 I decided to contact a friend to ask "where's the yuri? I'm getting a fucking tons of het and cheap ecchi" and he only said "It's shit" so I jumped to chapter 18 and what do I get? more het... And it seems like there will be yaoi too up ahead. Words can not express my disappointment well enough, I don't care about the ending (I deleted the whole series) at this point... Mai Hime should never be recommended to fans of yuri, that's a cruel joke and I had 4 days without internet, I almost watched the whole thing.

Mai hime and Otome are Anime originals the manga came after. i dont know why they decided to make the manga into such a garbage dump. then there is the novel called Mai Hime Destiny i think its gay with shiznat moments(maybe in the cd i really dont remember) but i dont remember alot what happens in the novels. the manga should never be recommended because its horrible not just because there is no yuri in it. You're just better off watching the anime and pretending the mangas dont exist. SHIZNAT IS FOREVER!!!!!!!!!

last edited at Jan 29, 2018 4:17PM

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

It's a product of a time where yuri was almost non-existent, so people would get whatever they could. There's a canon lesbian that I'm sure was supposed to just be a cheap villain, but was well received by the public, so they redeemed her. She's like a less cool Homura. The series actually had some interesting concepts and from time to time it would actually gets good, a little. The whole if you lose, the one you love will disappear did gave some pretty nice drama. It made the het triangle in an interesting melodrama in the end when winning meant the guy would die.

Unfortunaly everyone revived in the end, making the whole series useless.

Mai-Otome starts as a way better series, but soon they make Arika fall in love with the grown up Tate, and it just becomes shit from there. I won't even start with the OVAs, where they make the only lesbian character make lap dances the drunk old men.

I don't recommend Mai Hime and Mai Otome to no one, no because it's not yuri, but because it's not that good. I was worried Izetta would be bad because it's the same writer, but it's a way better series, even with its problems.

Mai Hime was relevant in the past. Nowadays you have a lot more to choose from.

%d0%91%d0%b5%d0%b7-%d0%b8%d0%bc%d0%b5%d0%bd%d0%b8-1
joined Jan 4, 2017

I remember I watched Wellber Sisters for subtext. Man. It was rough for my young yuri-fan-kokoro. And first season was interesting even, cool story. But why they ruined main girls in second season, brain turned off for D...? Nowadays I am coward for watching things in ongoing status...

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Yeah, when I saw the first two chapters I thought it was pretty good, her "companion" that looks like an angel from Evangelion, the fights were good and the animation was good too...But then there's Tate, all the time and I thought "well, it won't be long because yuri will save the day!!" but you know what came? another guy... And then there's the brother, and then there's this weird kid with white hair, geez even the nun wasn't spared. So I started to look into the other girls like the sensei but then the nurse says "She likes older men" aaahh come on!!! of course, there are small hints of subtext here and there but that's not worth it, I feel bad for our ancestor who had to put up with this (my first yuri was strawberry panic btw).

We should be really grateful today for what we have, even random anime might gives us more than Mai hime (like psycho pass).

Izetta was a big improvement... I thought the princess was going to have a political marriage with a random guy but nope, and even if she did they decided not to show that.

On another topic https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-01-29/yuki-yuna-takahiro-yuruyuri-namori-work-on-release-the-spyce-original-anime/.127069 Yuru Yuuki Yuuna Yuri will save anime.

joined Jan 21, 2015

Mai Hime was relevant in the past. Nowadays you have a lot more to choose from.

That sums it up. But also, if you're into reading fanfic at all there's a TON of fantastic ShizNat stories, including some really creative AUs. Honestly I'd say that's the main reason to watch anything Hime/Otome today. The series itself hasn't aged that well from a yuri fan's standpoint, but the fandom was talented.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

On another topic https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-01-29/yuki-yuna-takahiro-yuruyuri-namori-work-on-release-the-spyce-original-anime/.127069 Yuru Yuuki Yuuna Yuri will save anime.

Of note, the title seems to have been chosen so that the short form includes "lily" (ririsupa. riri=lily)

https://imgsa.baidu.com/forum/w%3D580/sign=163927f947086e066aa83f43320a7b5a/fc104cee3d6d55fb1c5bcdee66224f4a22a4dde5.jpg

Doesn't seem to be allowing external links

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Hylarn posted:

Of note, the title seems to have been chosen so that the short form includes "lily" (ririsupa. riri=lily)

https://imgsa.baidu.com/forum/w%3D580/sign=163927f947086e066aa83f43320a7b5a/fc104cee3d6d55fb1c5bcdee66224f4a22a4dde5.jpg

Doesn't seem to be allowing external links

I was able to retrieve it with imgur https://i.imgur.com/YePOzo1.png this has lots of potential!

joined Jun 17, 2014

Darling in the Franxx is okay i guess but Zero Two is besto gurl. Those Ass Handles tho.

last edited at Jan 30, 2018 12:28AM

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

@ Wtv
The fuck? I was considering watching these Mai-whatever things since ShizNat's so popular, but now... uh, yeah, nope. So, there's only one lesbian character in Otome andthen that happens? I thought at least Shizuru and Natsuki would hook up there, but I guess not if there's only one... I'd heard about that... thing that one of them does to the other (I dunno who, but I presume it's the "cheap villain" you mentioned) in Hime, but I thought they at least got together there... I mean, I don't know the context at all, but that's probably good if they didn't get together considering that happened, but, yeah, I need to stop talking about things I don't know anything about... still, what a damn waste. I'm glad I got into yuri in a time where are there more and better options available to us at least... (I still want to watch Strawberry Panic at some point though).

As for Release the Spyce... looks pretty entertaining, but I have to admit the name made me laugh so much when I first heard it. I thought it was an Old Spice anime when I first saw the title... which I would absolutely watch. But, yeah, this is much better. The Ririsupa thing makes it better, but, jeez, what a weird title... better than Darling in the Franxxx at least since I guess Release the Spyce could make some sense...

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Oh, the thing about the lap dance is in the OVA, that are prequel. Funny enough they bait the two main girls together there, what is pretty stupid because we know one of them is Arika's mother. Mai Otome does have some yuri and ShizNat do kinda of have some relationship there, but there's a catch. The whole premise of Mai Otome is that they fight using some nanomachines that'll stop working if they have sex with a man. So the yuri is by convenience more than anything, and it's really just used for fanservice while all the drama is het, with them going as far as saying they have to choose between their duty or their "happiness as a woman", that would be relationship with a man.
Even the ShizNat thing is annoying because aside from the show never actually acknowledging it, there's some NTR thing when Shizuru ends up in the bed with the female villain that's obsessed by her. So I guess even if you end up liking that ship in the first season, the result wouldn't be better.

The story does have some good action when it's not being stupid, what is a shame. If they cut the crush Arika had on Sergey, it would be a way better anime. And that crush just exist for Arika to question if she wants to be an Otome or marry the man she loves. She had no chance, as Sergey end up in a romantic relationship with his underage adopted daughter, anyway.

Anyway, about Release the Spyce, Takahiro did say in an interview: "As it's a Namori work, certain elements are to be expected.", as well as: "There won't be any major male characters".

To reply you must either login or sign up.