Forum › Anime season

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

Short version: I think of it as a straightforward depressing ending with the silver lining of "Oh well, we made the most we could out of this life". Painful, but in a good way.

This page rlly sums up that idea rlly well. Also, the past tense is intentional in the original Japanese as well.

I'm just going to pretend this is the real ending

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

I knew from the beginning that Kaioken Blue was a mistake and they'd had to come with a shitty excuse to make Vegeta reach the same level, but i didn't expect that it'd be this lazy!

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Second chapter of Slow Start is pretty much a gag you would expect from this character, but the highlight is the cousin this time... Nice lunch haha

Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

dont you fucking hate it when your watching a yuri anime and the guys are talking about how hard they got in the comments section... .fuck this shit.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Takunomi is a mostly decent CGDCT series with what looks like a yuri crush. It also has what's essentially a beer commercial in the middle. There's enough cute girls and slicey life this season that I'm not sure it's worth bothering with

Hakumei & Mikochi is a solid adaptation. The couple-ish bits are a bit more obvious in this form, too

Toji no Miko is working out fine and yuri's shown up

That Trigger show has some good mecha action and I'm worried about it's gender politics

dont you fucking hate it when your watching a yuri anime and the guys are talking about how hard they got in the comments section... .fuck this shit.

Why are you reading comment sections?

joined Jun 17, 2014

Takunomi is a mostly decent CGDCT series with what looks like a yuri crush. It also has what's essentially a beer commercial in the middle. There's enough cute girls and slicey life this season that I'm not sure it's worth bothering with

Hakumei & Mikochi is a solid adaptation. The couple-ish bits are a bit more obvious in this form, too

Toji no Miko is working out fine and yuri's shown up

That Trigger show has some good mecha action and I'm worried about it's gender politics

death is inevitable. also, i was hoping to see actual decent comments but was my mistake since trashy people are on anime sites as well.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

death is inevitable. also, i was hoping to see actual decent comments but was my mistake since trashy people are on anime sites as well.

Never read the bottom half of the internet.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Yuru Camp is fun and comfy as hell, but people who want the gay Kirara experience shouldn't skip Slow Start either.

It's also pretty fun, anyway.

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

Yuru Camp is fun and comfy as hell, but people who want the gay Kirara experience shouldn't skip Slow Start either.

It's also pretty fun, anyway.

Yeah, I like them both! If there's a show with only girls in it, then you can bet I'll be watching it! xD

Gintama's episode this week was pure comedy gold. I couldn't stop laughing! I actually felt sorry for Nobunobu...

last edited at Jan 15, 2018 12:30PM

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Gintama's episode this week was pure comedy gold. I couldn't stop laughing! I actually felt sorry for Nobunobu...

I was worried that being another serious arc, it wouldn't deliver any worthwhile moments, but that ep was just classic Gintama. It was full of shit. Loved it.

last edited at Jan 15, 2018 5:44PM

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

What yuri anime u were watching?

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Going to take a stab at it and assume Citrus.

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

Going to take a stab at it and assume Citrus.

I'm actually going to assume Sakura Trick seeing how I saw some youtube comments in the Sakura Trick kiss compilation video saying how they were getting a hard-on. One comment even said that they wanted the girls to suck their dick.

last edited at Jan 15, 2018 8:38PM

09_lapis_lazuline
joined Aug 12, 2017

In fairness, Sakura Trick isn't much more than fap material anyway...

joined May 9, 2016

Oh, wow. Sora yori mo Tooi Basho is such an unexpected surprise. I was grinning like a happy, blissful idiot the whole time. Going-on-adventure\coming-of-age story done right. No pussyfooting as in your typical CGDCT show. Characters actually do shit, not just freaking 'communicate' (i.e. blabbing without story development or any other outcomes). Voice acting is great (the toiled room scene almost wrecked me), visuals are reely gut. The main heroines are perfectly balancing between bright and cheerful, but two-dimensional tropes, and the infamous 'real people' with small quirks and sometimes unpredictable behaviour. Comedic timing is on point. Ishizuka Atsuko best woman. Madhouse fucking slay again.

Violet Evergarden. It's KyoAni. It's reely gut so far. It was expected, so no surprises. What do I need to say more?

Koi wa Ameagari no You ni is cute and sweet (but I still think that the main heroine's sniffing fetish is mildly not-so-cute, don't hate me for this, pretty please lol). We need more cute and sweet, yet mature shoujo-ish josei\seinen stories like that.

Kokkoku is...uh...uninspired. The initial premise in intriguing enough to keep me watching, and the atmosphere is bizarre and eery, but everything else is pretty boring, including the main female protagonist. The directing is extremely functional and color palette with this despicable gray filter on top reminds me of generic anime of the mid-2000s, which I honestly hated even in the mid-2000s.

Citrus being Citrus, I guess. Yuzu is a cute dork. Everything and everyone else is meh or worse. Fight me irl.

last edited at Jan 16, 2018 1:39AM

joined Jun 17, 2014

Im really loving Kokkoku, hopefully it stays good in the upcoming episodes .

last edited at Jan 16, 2018 2:29AM

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Kokkoku has that edgy setting some seinen have, but instead of going the route "everyone is evil, world is fucked", the characters actually makes sense, both antagonists and protagonists. I hope it stays like that, too, instead of going to a more Gantz-ish route.

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

I don't speak Japanese. What is Kokkoku?

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

https://myanimelist.net/anime/36548/Kokkoku

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

https://myanimelist.net/anime/36548/Kokkoku

Weird, I haven't even heard about that. Thanks for the answer.

A Place Further than the Universe might be my Anime of the Season! Beautiful visuals, great seiyuus, interesting story, funny gags... It's got it all. Except yuri. Yuri would make it even better.

last edited at Jan 16, 2018 3:53PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

This part from A place further Than The Universe https://i.imgur.com/qvTyBmK.jpg
I had a very similar reaction but of course I was sitting instead... Still, I had to pause just to [Kyaa internally]

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

SF posted:

Oh god no......What the fuck.....This sounds awful....

I only like Cocona's voice, honestly...

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Oh god no......What the fuck.....This sounds awful....

It's a bad scene for Papika since its one of the few scenes where she is actually pissed off and therefore has a different tone than what she would usually have.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Mahou Shoujo Site's key visual sure is something. Those two do end up together, but it's not really the focus of the series

Speaking of key visuals, the upcoming Aikatsu series looks gayer than it's likely to actually be

To reply you must either login or sign up.