Forum › Shinozaki-san Ki wo Ota Shika ni! discussion

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

Noooo 46 chapters is not enough... We need to see more :<

Thank you for the translations <3 It's christmas everywhere!

Download202001sdsfsfdsfsdfdsfdsfs02154639
joined Apr 18, 2016

This was a great series to binge. Can't wait to read the rest in twenty years. Maybe I'll live to see a confession.

last edited at Dec 25, 2017 10:18PM

joined Dec 26, 2017

Incidentally, the author has a pilot chapter of a new story in Comic Meteor (the same web serial as Shinozaki) as of 12/20: "Bandai Kaname wa Asobitai." It seems to be a standard romcom setup, with a series widget of "playing with nostalgic toys;" no yuri in evidence yet, though the only two characters we've met thus far are the male and female leads. There's a survey at the end of it for readers to express whether or not they'd like to see more of it.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I saw chapter 41 but I'm not sure if the people from /u/ did it so I'll just wait to discuss

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

It'll be great to see this finished. :)

Mostly%20sunny
joined Oct 26, 2016

Procrastination is serious business.

Shamimomo%20hug
joined Jan 23, 2016

I don't know why I'm tearing up from this chapter. It was literally two pages and it gave me such a fluffy feeling and just whyyy? The rest was funny and made me chuckle to myself but then just her seeing and remembering the first doujin she got is making me tear up?

last edited at Jan 5, 2018 8:59PM

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

Writing under pressure is hard!

Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

So... this is the first time I've clicked on this series in a long long time. And looking at the chapter 40 art, was Akina's chest always that impressive?

last edited at Jan 5, 2018 9:40PM

joined Jun 23, 2017

So... this is the first time I've clicked on this series in a long long time. And looking at the chapter 40 art, was Akina's
chest always that impressive?

Ask Konatsu, and I think drunk Kaede has something to say about this as well.

Cinnabar-profile
joined Aug 3, 2015

Cloy552 posted:

I don't know why I'm tearing up from this chapter. It was literally two pages and it gave me such a fluffy feeling and just whyyy? The rest was funny and made me chuckle to myself but then just her seeing and remembering the first doujin she got is making me tear up?

You're not alone! For me I think it was seeing her progress toward accepting herself. Yes, it's slow going and she takes a step back for every two steps forward, but today she looked at something that represented a major milestone in her descent to otakudom and instead of expressing shame and denial as she usually does she felt inspired and empowered. She wrote a gay fanfic she was proud of and for once a chapter ends without her feeling compelled to make excuses for how happy she is to be true to the yuri fujoshi she is inside. It was beautiful.

last edited at Jan 5, 2018 10:18PM

Download202001sdsfsfdsfsdfdsfdsfs02154639
joined Apr 18, 2016

This chapter was my favorite yet. Very relatable as somone that has tried to write stories before.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Embrace it, Akina!!!!

last edited at Jan 6, 2018 12:12AM

Ririka Kirishima
Julia%20what
joined Feb 16, 2017

Dat fanfic writer's block tho

The%20witch's%20house
joined Apr 9, 2015

chapter 40 was painful to read. its like me and school/studying right now

joined Dec 26, 2017

Noooo 46 chapters is not enough... We need to see more :<

Thank you for the translations <3 It's christmas everywhere!

Hmm... actually, flipping through the 9th volume, it appears that while there are only 46 numbered chapters, there is a full length unnumbered "final" chapter after 46, making the total count 47 (excluding omakes.) Chapter 42 is the last one in volume 8.

Edit: Speaking of omakes, there is a "comparison" illustration at the end of vol. 3 which answers the question about Akina's chest (even if the art isn't always consistent, with this chapter's title card being one of the biggest offenders in that regard.)

last edited at Jan 6, 2018 1:52AM

joined Jun 23, 2017

[...] there is a full length unnumbered "final" chapter after 46, making the total count 47 (excluding omakes.)

Ah, that's good news, thank you!

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

This chapter hammers home the idea that to write a good story, you have to have something to say first. Akina's problem was that she didn't know what she wanted to write, only the format it was supposed to have. Her epiphany upon rereading that doujin was two-fold: on one hand, she realized what she wanted to write about (namely, flirting with Kanade/Kaede); on the other, she saw that the form can be faulty, as long as the content is earnest and enjoyable. That is a very good message for a chapter, I think.

Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

This chapter hammers home the idea that to write a good story, you have to have something to say first. Akina's problem was that she didn't know what she wanted to write, only the format it was supposed to have. Her epiphany upon rereading that doujin was two-fold: on one hand, she realized what she wanted to write about (namely, flirting with Kanade/Kaede); on the other, she saw that the form can be faulty, as long as the content is earnest and enjoyable. That is a very good message for a chapter, I think.

Fully agree!

Somehow I missed this one so I did a binge reading of the whole lot - great story and I really hope that it comes to a good ending.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

I relate so much to the entire chapter.

Trying to write stories is painful for an amateur like me, and just today I was thinking about how I was getting discouraged. That pun at the end, I wonder what it literally was in Japanese.

I find it funny in how understandable she is when seeking tricks and tips to defeat writer's block. It's not so easy as just having passion or a story to tell (Akina's last panel lol) but it's true ones with messages and clear intent are the best I've ever read. Well it's inspiring nonetheless.

joined Dec 26, 2017

That pun at the end, I wonder what it literally was in Japanese.

In the omake page? As far as I can tell there isn't one; unless I'm missing something it just says "can't draw" rather than "can't write."

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Basically the cat was repeating Akina's phrase 書けない (kakenai), but written as 猫けない (nekokenai) (猫 being cat). Not an easy one to localize.

joined Dec 26, 2017

Basically the cat was repeating Akina's phrase 書けない (kakenai), but written as 猫けない (nekokenai) (猫 being cat). Not an easy one to localize.

I'm pretty sure that kanji is 描く(egaku - to draw) and not 猫 (neko - cat) - you can tell because the second horizontal stroke in the radical crosses the vertical stroke. It's even conjugated correctly for the verb egaku. If it's meant to be a pun, then it really is a hard one to localize, as it would be entirely visual based on the one-radical difference between the kanji.

Edit: Or etymological wordplay based, since "egaku" (to draw) is a combination of "e" (picture) and "kaku" (write,) and the latter was what Akina was saying. Oy...

last edited at Jan 7, 2018 1:58PM

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Man, that is deep.

joined Dec 26, 2017

Man, that is deep.

And pretty dry. ^_^;

Fortunately, we have a have a healing yuri-tease chapter coming up, followed by several progression chapters (with a hefty side of yuri-teasing.) After 41 pretty much the entire rest of the manga leans into the character development.

last edited at Jan 7, 2018 3:49PM by Nezchan

To reply you must either login or sign up.