Forum › Stretch discussion

joined May 17, 2013

Maybe....just maybe there is hope? Yes! Yeeaaaasssss!! I can feel it! Viva la yuri!

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Maybe....just maybe there is hope? Yes! Yeeaaaasssss!! I can feel it! Viva la yuri!

h-holy crap, i think i have the power of talk-no-jutsu!........one minute while i go troll the bleach fandom by talking down the newest villain >:D

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014
  • Insert generic speech about how its wrong that you all lost your sense of duty to the yuri gods here and how i will fight to the last person *

• insert stock "YEAH!" from crowd *

Well i can draw my own yuris so i'm kinda on the clear
YEEEEEAAAH

Seriously though i want to see one time where the generic invigorating speech doesn't work and the bad guy wins cause of it XD

Saint Seiya Omega, Taurus Harbinger survived through not one, not two, NOT EVEN THREE, but FOUR MOTHERFUCKING POWER UP SPEECH
In the end all they could accomplish was make him sit on one of his knee before he let the MC go

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014
  • Insert generic speech about how its wrong that you all lost your sense of duty to the yuri gods here and how i will fight to the last person *

• insert stock "YEAH!" from crowd *

Well i can draw my own yuris so i'm kinda on the clear
YEEEEEAAAH

Seriously though i want to see one time where the generic invigorating speech doesn't work and the bad guy wins cause of it XD

Saint Seiya Omega, Taurus Harbinger survived through not one, not two, NOT EVEN THREE, but FOUR MOTHERFUCKING POWER UP SPEECH
In the end all they could accomplish was make him sit on one of his knee before he let the MC go

DAMN guy has balls XD

joined Apr 20, 2013

Wait, you're not here for the stretchings?

I'm here for the scissoring!

_
Also, am I the only one who skips their stretching lines? :D

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

YEAH!

OK, that was my obligatory "yeah" from the crowd.

I'm here for the scissoring!

ummmmmm....... what page were you reading Kyub?

last edited at Apr 12, 2014 11:36PM

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

You came to the wrong neighbourhood

Yandere%20=%20423182%20-%20copy
joined Nov 29, 2013

WHERE.IS.MY.YURI!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

And now im starting to lose hope......it was ok back when we got regular chapters but when its drawn out like this.......it kinda feels like a waste

Also before anyone says it: probable miscarriage theory confirmed, now get over it

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Eh, isn't as bad as you guys made it look. The chapter was pretty enjoyable and certainly there's genuine care and affection between those two.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I just gave up on there being obvious yuri until maybe right before the end of the series, and I'm enjoying it a lot as a result. It takes a bit of the fun away when you're constantly trying to make it live up to your expectations.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

In pretty much every other manga around here
Now stand up and do some stretchings

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

I tried this and failed... But I did hear my joints crackle.

last edited at Apr 24, 2014 11:32AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

In pretty much every other manga around here

I just did mine, feels great.

joined May 17, 2013

And now im starting to lose hope......it was ok back when we got regular chapters but when its drawn out like this.......it kinda feels like a waste

Also before anyone says it: probable miscarriage theory confirmed, now get over it

You lied to me bro. Gave me false hope. There will be no yuri. I most go to my corner and cry now.

Akashic Records
Gray.garden.full.1907943.160.213
joined Sep 24, 2013

Two stretching packet on ch 20 :D

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

You lied to me bro. Gave me false hope. There will be no yuri. I most go to my corner and cry now.

I'm an evil overlord, lying is what i do, now where are those guard uniforms that expose the face i ordered?

Dd
joined Sep 22, 2013

I understood, here we'll could never find any yuri, but some interesting stretch exercises. /cries/

last edited at Apr 24, 2014 3:41PM

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

hahahaha i was juuuuust thinking that. they lost my interest very quick lol. if i wanted a manual on strecthes, i'd get a manual or look it up online, NOT read a manga for it lol.

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

People, forget the yuri at this point. Let's talk about plot: How many more chapters do you think there will be before there is progress on the story?

joined Nov 30, 2011

Maan I haven't done a few of those stretches in a long while! Leg-swings; #7 on page three (forgot its name) when you can do a half-skip and swing the leg up over and out and half-skip to the side at an angle and continue; and #2 on page 6 is one of my favorites.

last edited at Apr 25, 2014 12:05AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

People, forget the yuri at this point. Let's talk about plot: How many more chapters do you think there will be before there is progress on the story?

I dunno if there's really much of a story to progress, it's more of a slice-of-life study of the relationship between two roommates. Honestly, if I don't place a yuri requirement on it, I find their interactions amusing enough to keep me coming back. That, and the art is great.

Who am I to ask for more than that?

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Higashiyama Shou's Prism was sortof slow paced when it comes to plot, in a good way.
Quite refreshing to read something that is not shoving PLOT up my ass with all it's might at a whacked pacing... Feels more real and I think it makes the characters more believable as humans and not tools for drama.

joined Nov 30, 2011

I dunno if there's really much of a story to progress, it's more of a slice-of-life study of the relationship between two roommates. Honestly, if I don't place a yuri requirement on it, I find their interactions amusing enough to keep me coming back. That, and the art is great.

Who am I to ask for more than that?

I don't know. I would love to see more info and interaction between them on their backgrounds. Those were some of my favorite moments. Also, I'm not really rooting for yuri to come at us like a locomotive. It's nice to see solid character development outside of the whole "IMUSTHAVEROMANTICPARTNER" zombie thinking most romances try to depict. I like the slow pace and slice of life is my favorite genre. You get the know the personalities of the characters a helluva lot better than straight up romances.

My own stab at theories/speculating of the two main girls:
For Keiko, I think she had a miscarriage. I reread the entire thread and the story thus far. That monster thing on pg.4, chapter 14, just cock your head to the right. Having doubled checked what miscarriages have as symptoms, this seems to be the best guess for me. Her mom may have disowned her or something as a result or even hit her which caused the miscarriage and then in that scene on the phone said something along the lines of, "Good! You deserved it" or some such thing.

Turns on Yuri-related argument mode for the hell of it Keiko could also possibly be gay and just suppresses herself by dating and sleeping with men or saying she does to everyone to show that she's straight. (And is just lying about most of those relationships.)

As for Ran, considering the current events of the Malaysian flight and how Keiko calls it the, "49th Day Memorial Service," it could denote when a search and rescue operation cancelled a search for a plane that went down in the ocean somewhere. Why, well I can guess her dad may be Finnish and was visiting family in Finland and the plane went down the in ocean. The other possibility is it's tied to the 2011 tsunami and her dad got dragged out to sea. (That earthquake bit in chapter 6, pg.5 still confuses the hell out of me to be honest.) And her saying, "I'm so glad," may be her hearing that her mom is finally recovering from the death of her father.

Yuri-related argument mode "I'll surpass him no matter what." (Ch.10, pg.13)

But yuri arguments aside, I like the character development, a nice slow warm burn. And the subtly is just awesome.

last edited at Apr 25, 2014 12:37AM

joined Nov 30, 2011

Maan I haven't done a few of those stretches in a long while! Leg-swings; #7 on page three (forgot its name) when you can do a half-skip and swing the leg up over and out and half-skip to the side at an angle and continue; and #2 on page 6 is one of my favorites.

Leg swings are great. I prefer mobilizations (like the ones in this chapter) to static stretches pretty much all the time.

I definitely agree! You get a lot of good movement and stretching out of it. (Having played a lot of soccer, the active stretching does wonders.)

To reply you must either login or sign up.