Forum › Anime season

joined Jan 21, 2015

Both Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou and Houseki no Kuni had me go "What the hell is that thing?" this week, but for very different reasons.

I'm done catching up with Himouto! Umaru-chan and I'm enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would. Gay disaster Kirie makes the whole show worth watching for me, but Umaru's character growth is a really pleasant surprise and keeps the jokes from getting stale.

Jhkjhk
joined Jan 7, 2014

I've seen people label that as the lesbian To-Love RU

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013
joined Dec 16, 2013

I've seen people label that as the lesbian To-Love RU

shounen yuri

Jhkjhk
joined Jan 7, 2014

It looks like shit, I'll be watching it.

Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

i cant help but ship Namida X Wasabi from boruto sooo much.~ i want this to be a thing so bad lol.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Urashi C. Pin posted:

i cant help but ship Namida X Wasabi from boruto sooo much.~ i want this to be a thing so bad lol.

Me too... but there's one thing, I don't remember it very well but when they went to a trip to the Mist, there was that boy there son of the previous mizukage and many girls were like Kyaaa for him at first sight, were they between those girls? if not ...

Edit: Well I just checked, it was chapter 25. Wasabi and Sarada weren't interested at all but Namida... Well, I guess is too early to lose hope anyway, true love is unstoppable

last edited at Dec 13, 2017 4:38PM

joined Dec 16, 2013

hope nekopara has yuri.

Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

Urashi C. Pin posted:

Me too... but there's one thing, I don't remember it very well but when they went to a trip to the Mist, there was that boy there son of the previous mizukage and many girls were like Kyaaa for him at first sight, were they between those girls? if not ...

Edit: Well I just checked, it was chapter 25. Wasabi and Sarada weren't interested at all but Namida... Well, I guess is too early to lose hope anyway, true love is unstoppable

YURI WILL NOT DIE.! THEIR LOVE SHALL CONQUER ALL.

last edited at Dec 13, 2017 6:18PM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

In more immediate concerns, next season:

Citrus - This is happening. I think the manga is garbage, but don't let me stop you from liking it

Hakumei & Mikochi - Potatoes and gorgeous backgrounds V3. Only yuri if you squint, but good

Maerchen Maedchen - Promotional material consistently uses ae rather than umlauts. So, it's about a magical girl school. Based on the work of an author that normally does het romcoms, but no sign of any males in the promotional material. IDK

Mitsuboshi Colors - Not really yuri, but shippable if you don't mind elementary school girls. I think this might work better as an anime than a manga

Ramen Daisuki Koizumi-san - So far it doesn't look like this'll be shorts and I don't know how that'll work. The manga has a major character that's not quite openly lesbian and a bunch of subtexty bits but is mostly about ramen. What the anime will do with this is unclear

The Seven Heavenly Virtues - Sequel to that show about sexy demon girls, now with sexy angel girls. First series was trashy and not really good, but it was openly yuri (also I thought it was bad in an interesting way)

Slow Start - Kirara series

Yorimoi - I think the Japanese title is supposed to be Sora Yorimo Toui Basho, but a lot of places have it under Uchuu Yorimo Toui Basho. The localized title is apparently A Place Further Than the Universe, which is an iffy translation. Anywho, all-female cast in what looks like a light drama. Might be yuri, might be het, probably be neither. Worth checking out just for the staff, though

Takunomi - Looks like a CGDCT series but with 20-somethings drinking booze

Toji no Miko - Another anime-original action series about fighting girls. This one is 2-cour, so we don't need to worry about it being cut down, though! Definitely going to at least have some subtext; the manga version had some cute scenes between the MC and her friend (interestingly, the "friend" character is of the nee-san archetype. Unusual!)

Yurucamp - Another one that's not really yuri but is kinda shippable. Also one I'd expect to be better as an anime. Be able to tell the characters apart now

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Hakumei & Mikochi - Potatoes and gorgeous backgrounds V3. Only yuri if you squint, but good

I welcome this new trend of potatoes in beautiful backgrounds. I'm guessing this is the first pure comfy potatoes without any gore or depression. These potatoes also look slightly chubbier than the other potatoes we've been having. Also very smol.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

In more immediate concerns, next season:

Citrus - This is happening. I think the manga is garbage, but don't let me stop you from liking it

Maerchen Maedchen - Promotional material consistently uses ae rather than umlauts. So, it's about a magical girl school. Based on the work of an author that normally does het romcoms, but no sign of any males in the promotional material. IDK

Mitsuboshi Colors - Not really yuri, but shippable if you don't mind elementary school girls. I think this might work better as an anime than a manga

Ramen Daisuki Koizumi-san - So far it doesn't look like this'll be shorts and I don't know how that'll work. The manga has a major character that's not quite openly lesbian and a bunch of subtexty bits but is mostly about ramen. What the anime will do with this is unclear

The Seven Heavenly Virtues - Sequel to that show about sexy demon girls, now with sexy angel girls. First series was trashy and not really good, but it was openly yuri (also I thought it was bad in an interesting way)

Slow Start - Kirara series

Yorimoi - I think the Japanese title is supposed to be Sora Yorimo Toui Basho, but a lot of places have it under Uchuu Yorimo Toui Basho. The localized title is apparently A Place Further Than the Universe, which is an iffy translation. Anywho, all-female cast in what looks like a light drama. Might be yuri, might be het, probably be neither. Worth checking out just for the staff, though

Takunomi - Looks like a CGDCT series but with 20-somethings drinking booze

Toji no Miko - Another anime-original action series about fighting girls. This one is 2-cour, so we don't need to worry about it being cut down, though! Definitely going to at least have some subtext; the manga version had some cute scenes between the MC and her friend (interestingly, the "friend" character is of the nee-san archetype. Unusual!)

Yurucamp - Another one that's not really yuri but is kinda shippable. Also one I'd expect to be better as an anime. Be able to tell the characters apart now

Maerchen Maedchen - There's not male characters, the story is about the relationship between the two main girls and the series is recommended in some yuri japanese sites. Mind you that those sites also recomend a lot of story that's pretty much just friendship, though. But it's for sure no het.

Slow Start - https://dynasty-scans.com/authors/hakka_ya This mangaka is the author for this one.

Yorimoi - Writer is the guy who writes Love Live, Chuu2, Kancolle and Hibike. He kinda of puts yuri subtext everywhere nowadays, even where he shouldn't.

Also:

Hugtto Precure - It's Precure

Nanatsu no Bitoku - Spin-off from Nanatsu no Taizai. I dropped it, but some people might be interested.

last edited at Dec 15, 2017 5:28PM

Asukaoriii
joined Jul 24, 2015

Was there anything relevant this season yuri-wise? I would also like someone to recommend me some yuri slice of life anime, you know, the usual subtext but no male between the yuri subtext, something like Re-kan, I always have this one in mind because I think it's the one I liked the most, it was very heartwarming. And I don't mind the yuri for lols as long as there's no het. Thanks in advance.

last edited at Dec 15, 2017 5:36PM

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Was there anything relevant this season yuri-wise? I would also like someone to recommend me some yuri slice of life anime, you know, the usual subtext but no male between the yuri subtext, something like Re-kan, I always have this one in mind because I think it's the one I liked the most, it was very heartwarming. And I don't mind the yuri for lols as long as there's no het. Thanks in advance.

Konohana Kitan.

joined Apr 1, 2017

Guess they just decided to throw around every ship they could this episode of Love Live.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Peccata posted:

Guess they just decided to throw around every ship they could this episode of Love Live.

Specially at the end, it was beautiful for me because it's exactly as I ship them... But I feel bad for Hanamaru, she was paired with Yohane before but I doubt she can beat the Yohariko and not only that, she didn't even get her own episode past the introductions... Basically she wasn't loved by the writers

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

This week, local potatoes set the world on fire.

It all ends next week. I don't want this show to end. I want to see the rest of the manga animated, damn it ;_;

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Gudetamago posted:

This week, local potatoes set the world on fire.

It all ends next week. I don't want this show to end. I want to see the rest of the manga animated, damn it ;_;

I'm just happy we didn't get a MadeInAbyss twist in the latest chapters

Asukaoriii
joined Jul 24, 2015

Konohana Kitan.

Thanks.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

I'm just happy we didn't get a MadeInAbyss twist in the latest chapters

By latest chapters, you mean the fan-translated ones or the Japanese serialization (there are 42 chaps out as of now)? Either way, yeah, I don't think this series will ever pull a Made in Abyss twist, they're two very different stories in terms of tones and themes. SSR is comfy depression & will subtly get more depressing down the line rather than gory. Even if the potatoes are to die at the end, it'll be a silent death rather than anything showy, IMO.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

They teased a bunch of ships, but it was clearly based on fan-pandering rather than anything the show had been building up. I honestly found it kind of weird

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

MistressTiramisu posted:

Sorry if this is the wrong thread to post this, I usually post in the off-topic thread but I wanted to ask for some anime recommendations real quick.

Basically I want some really comfy slice-of-life series. The ones I've enjoyed the most off the top of my head were Flying Witch and GJ Club, so I'm after something in a similar vein to those.

Centaur no Nayami I guess.

Cinnabar-profile
joined Aug 3, 2015

MistressTiramisu posted:

Sorry if this is the wrong thread to post this, I usually post in the off-topic thread but I wanted to ask for some anime recommendations real quick.

Basically I want some really comfy slice-of-life series. The ones I've enjoyed the most off the top of my head were Flying Witch and GJ Club, so I'm after something in a similar vein to those.

Haven't watched GJ Club, but Flying Witch is one of my favorites! Konohana Kitan and Girls Last Tour this season are pretty great. If you mean in general, there's K-ON, Non non biyori, Aria, Tamayura, Amanchu, and many more I could name...

To reply you must either login or sign up.