Forum › Abyss discussion

513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

trafi

That "not yaoi" tag made me laugh
Though in regards to the short at the end, I could've sworn one of them had boobs.

Or both of them, at one point I was convinced that they were girls, started searching for pronoun and did found a he x)
Boobs on top :
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/abyss#23
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/abyss#21

I saw those too, glad I wasn't the only one
it's hard to translate pronouns from japanese because they don't have he or she so I'm taking the translation with a grain of dust

No matter how hard I look at those faces, they still look male, but those also do look like breasts, so we've switched to a gender neutral wording.

The Not Yaoi tag will stay.

Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

No matter how hard I look at those faces, they still look male, but those also do look like breasts, so we've switched to a gender neutral wording.

Doesn't all faces Horii Kisuke makes look like male? And did she ever made any yaoi? From what I remember all her mangas are either yuri or don't have romance, I think Kisuke or Jin would maybe say something somewhere in the manga about having a yaoi chapter when all the rest is yuri, but I have to admit that this time her characters look more masculime than normal, must be the short hair, but with the apparent breasts, the fact she never did yaoi before and the rest of the stories being yuri, I think we should assume her part is yuri too, not to mention it would be strange to have a yaoi chapter when the cover says "original girls love comic".

Also, does Horii Kisuke still makes manga? I think that according to Mangaupdates her last work is from 2013.

last edited at Feb 14, 2016 4:25AM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Cyfer posted:

trafi

That "not yaoi" tag made me laugh
Though in regards to the short at the end, I could've sworn one of them had boobs.

Or both of them, at one point I was convinced that they were girls, started searching for pronoun and did found a he x)
Boobs on top :
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/abyss#23
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/abyss#21

I saw those too, glad I wasn't the only one
it's hard to translate pronouns from japanese because they don't have he or she so I'm taking the translation with a grain of dust

It does feel like Yuri with male characters instead, so if they are indeed female, but just look really masculine, it would make much more sense.

And tag stops being misleading

last edited at Feb 14, 2016 7:14AM

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

-But there is yaoi in this. Tag should be removed.

Well THAT'S. THE. POİNT.

No, the point is that some people can (be triggered/have their moods ruined) by a varying array of circumstances, and these people need to be able to rely on and trust the tagging system to get the best usage our of this site.

Even if the tag is technically accurate (and that's debatable) it is still used in a deceptive manner to spring a nasty surprise on the people who are trying to avoid the very thing they have been tricked into seeing.

A more useful and considerate tag would be something like yaoi on pages 19-22, or for those of you who might want to argue the technicalities implied yaoi on pages 19-22. That way the people who are here for yuri and nothing but the yuri can stop at page 18 without being lulled into a false sense of security.

It's just basic etiquette.

Well.. the point (don't know how to make deep dark) for me is... If this had a yaoi tag it would seem like it was yaoi but it is not. There is no yaoi in this. If this have yaoi tag it would seem like Jin made a yaoi thing with yuri but no, this is yuri with just some extras.Tags are for main thing right? So if this had a yaoi tag it will mean like Abyss have some yuri and yaoi in it. But I read a yuri doujin , not yaoi. Right after reading this I thought this is not yaoi and it is a really right place to use this tag. And while typing these I thought what am I even doing?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Jin really has a problem with faces, I cant till if this is or is not meant to be related to my beloved.

I disagree.

That being said I don't think she a particularly good artist though, she just has style that makes up for it. She is good enough for manga, but only just.

And I disagree with that as well.

I agree with your disagreement.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Jin really has a problem with faces, I cant till if this is or is not meant to be related to my beloved.

I disagree.

That being said I don't think she a particularly good artist though, she just has style that makes up for it. She is good enough for manga, but only just.

And I disagree with that as well.

I agree with your disagreement.

I agree with Nezchan disagreeing with... um, agreeing with.. um...
Whatever, I love Jin's art and storytelling both. And I don't usually have a lot of trouble telling her characters apart.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Yuri Girl 1001 posted:

Whatever, I love Jin's art and storytelling both. And I don't usually have a lot of trouble telling her characters apart.

Even if the faces she draws were actually identical (they're not though, they might be similar but there's still differences) the rest of the character designs tend to make it reasonably difficult to confuse characters, though not impossible when there's a lot of characters such as either Seasons or Girlish Sweet. (I forget which I'm thinking of off the top of my head. Though it's partly due to some characters' appearances changing over time as well as changing whether they refer to someone by family or given name.)

joined Feb 14, 2016

Why is everyone calling yaoi when they both have TIDDIES

joined Aug 10, 2015

I'm checking the Not Yaoi tag, and so far it's been used for:

For a tag so seldomly used it is quite diverse, isn't it?

Pretty great analysis of the tag but I think we all could have done without the transphobic slur.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Kinetik_09 posted:

I'm checking the Not Yaoi tag, and so far it's been used for:

For a tag so seldomly used it is quite diverse, isn't it?

Pretty great analysis of the tag but I think we all could have done without the transphobic slur.

If you are talking about transvestites, since when it is transphobic slur?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Okay, Nevri and Kinetik_09, I'm asking you (not telling you in this case) to please walk away from this one. In my experience, this sort of thing frequently turns into a trash fire, and I'd rather that not mar the discussion of what's actually a pretty good Takemiya Jin story.

If you want to know why the term can be considered transphobic, I recommend Google.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Nezchan posted:

If you want to know why the term can be considered transphobic, I recommend Google.

Or duckduckgo or yahoo ;x

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

Nezchan posted:

Or duckduckgo or yahoo ;x

Isn't duckduckgo a deep web site. I remember seeing something like that.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

oguzhan96 posted:

Isn't duckduckgo a deep web site. I remember seeing something like that.

DDG is a search service that basically anonymizes your Google searches. I think there's a deep web version of it but it's not actually a deep web site.

joined Aug 10, 2015

Okay, Nevri and Kinetik_09, I'm asking you (not telling you in this case) to please walk away from this one. In my experience, this sort of thing frequently turns into a trash fire, and I'd rather that not mar the discussion of what's actually a pretty good Takemiya Jin story.

Thanks Nezchan, I don't plan to get into the discussion, just wanted to point that out.

This story (and deep) actually inspired me to go back and binge on Jin so I can't complain tbh.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Binging on Jin's stuff is always a good life choice.

Bunnythor_full_small
joined May 17, 2015

Thor posted:

That way the people who are here for yuri and nothing but the yuri can stop at page 18 without being lulled into a false sense of security.

It's just basic etiquette.

It's not even that big a deal, lol.

It's not a big deal for you, obviously, but it is a big deal for others. And if changing the tag helps others, is more accurate, and resolves the controversy, why not do it? Why not err on the side of being considerate? It costs nothing other than 3 seconds of someone's time to change the tag . . . which is far less time and effort than it takes to argue against it.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Thor posted:

It's not a big deal for you, obviously, but it is a big deal for others. And if changing the tag helps others, is more accurate, and resolves the controversy, why not do it? Why not err on the side of being considerate? It costs nothing other than 3 seconds of someone's time to change the tag . . . which is far less time and effort than it takes to argue against it.

No, it's really just not a big deal period. People are massively overreacting. It's kinda ridiculous how childish some of the people on this site act all the time, lol.

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

love the yaoi.

Bunnythor_full_small
joined May 17, 2015

Thor posted:

No, it's really just not a big deal period. People are massively overreacting. It's kinda ridiculous how childish some of the people on this site act all the time, lol.

You're calling polite requests for a little common courtesy "childish"?

Teenager%20drasil
joined Feb 18, 2016

same! not every girl/ woman is super feminine!

joined Jan 5, 2016

WOOOOOOOOO-WHOOOOOOOOO I have missed you Horii Kisuke. I really hope your back. But if not Thanks for this even if its not the beloved Yuri.
Cute and sweet again Jin. When ever I read one of your works I get the urge to tease someone mercilessly.

Femshep%20x%20liara%20avatar
joined Dec 8, 2013

This entire thread was an embarassment. The not yaoi tag is because people apparently can't comprehend women looking masculine. How ridiculous is it that the very first comment is complaining that it has yaoi in it? They are both clearly women. It's not yaoi. It's just two women that don't look "womanly" enough for you. So frustrating...

joined Feb 27, 2017

"Very maculine appearance" might be a good tag, lol.

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

Very late, but tiddies are not always an indication of the character not being male. EMIYA has the biggest bust of the cast in F/SN, for example.

To reply you must either login or sign up.