Forum › If the Light Music Club played Magic: The Gathering discussion

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

So...If the Light Music Club played Magic: The Gathering it would basically be Yu-Gi-Oh with non-stupid hair?

2000px-transgender_pride_flag.svg
joined Sep 22, 2013

I'm a might bit confused by the tag "sport" here. When did card games become a sport?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I'm a might bit confused by the tag "sport" here. When did card games become a sport?

About the same time mahjongg did, I suppose.

Zen%20facce
joined Feb 3, 2013

lol i thought there would be some magic music but wow cards with k-on came out of nowhere

4og3pf8
joined Jan 27, 2012

KyoAni should do a moeblob anime featuring girls playing MTG instead of gay swimming.

You%20thought%20it%20was%20a%20pancake
joined Sep 16, 2013

man mugi's deck is stacked

actually all of them are pretty stacked

Psmix_2016-03-11-23-34-17
joined Mar 3, 2013

I now grasp the concept of Magic The gathering. It's as if Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokè mon conceived a love child an it plays skyrim.

last edited at Sep 29, 2013 11:20PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I now grasp the concept of Magic The gathering. It's as if Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokè mon conceived a love child an it plays skyrim.

Pretty much. Except in real life, it happened in reverse.

this, is pretty interesting.

k-on with some sort of plot, BLASPHEMY. i liked it a lot tho.

Bushouhuanying
joined Jul 7, 2013

card games are consider a sport because it's kind of like chess.To figure out you opponents move and counter them or strike before hand

Bushouhuanying
joined Jul 7, 2013

holy crop they got good card I play MTG to i would trade(d) anything to have some of those cards

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

This... is the closest... I have ever come to playing Magic the Gathering. I am satisfied.

Toffee%20copy%202
joined Jan 2, 2014

except MTG came before all that there for magic is essentially one of the elder gods of geekdom

Honestly I didn't know about this card game , I though the name was for some music they would play , but It was a Yu-Gi-On!

..Also...

It's time...TO DU-DU-DU-DU-DU-DU-DU-DU-DU-DU-DUEL

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Mahjong turns everyone within 100 miles into lesbian schoolgirls with outfits (minus panties) and it can also control time and space. A proper mahjong tile snap can destroy entire buildings. Of course mahjong is a sport! Magic has a long way to go.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Mahjong turns everyone within 100 miles into lesbian schoolgirls with outfits (minus panties) and it can also control time and space. A proper mahjong tile snap can destroy entire buildings. Of course mahjong is a sport! Magic has a long way to go.

Magic only has the power to destroy wallets.

But it's the best there is at what it does. And what it does ain't cheap.

4dcd5e922a6b20d034126d7ff75583f91490791092_large
joined Jan 18, 2016

So...If the Light Music Club played Magic: The Gathering it would basically be Yu-Gi-Oh with non-stupid hair?

Trust me, Yu-Gi-Oh hair only keeps getting worse with every series.
When GX came out and I saw the protag's hair (which was normal as hell), I thought that it would be the end of the 'stupid hair'.
Quit Yu-Gi-Oh for a bit, came back to see Zexal and all their hair and I was just done at that point.

Maxresdefault
joined Dec 26, 2016

So, mugi is a blue deck player huh? I knew she shouldn't be trusted.

2017-06-09-10-36-16-
joined Mar 29, 2017

So, mugi is a blue deck player huh? I knew she shouldn't be trusted.

At least its not eggs, lantern controll, or cawblade. Then she would need to be purged.

joined Aug 24, 2016

About the same time mahjongg did, I suppose.

Mahjongg has been competitive for over a thousand years, internationally for roughly 100 years and standardized in a modern fashion and internationally categorized as a sport for around 25 years so no, that is wrong.

MTG is only barely that old itself and had half-assedly standardized in order to try to start competitive matches in the US around 1997, but changed the rules slightly with every expansion until around 10 years ago. All of this seriously limited interest in large-scale competition because it's obviously a cash grab.

Since then MTG has stabilized a bit but is a looong way from being recognized by any country as a sport.

Rabu2
joined Apr 22, 2019

It might be a good idea to add a "Doujins › Magic: The Gathering" link to this series beside the "Doujins › K-ON!" one.
Also, go play MtG (responsibly).

Smallpred
joined Jun 29, 2015

...okay, this is brilliant.
While I have some TCG experience (ie I know the rules and played some casual games) with YGO, Pokemon, Battle Spirits and Vanguard, I haven't tried MTG yet, but the explanations given here are easy to understand, and it helps that the cards themselves are shown in detail!
Maybe I should try to grab a deck now...

Ivan's%20words%20of%20wisdom
joined Jun 22, 2013

This was a fun idea. Great intro to Magic too! Shame it's only 3 chapters.

Figures Mugi would be a filthy blue player.

last edited at Jul 9, 2023 4:04AM

Smol%20dankkonata
joined Oct 10, 2018

I think I can safely mark this as read, to get another chapter would be a miracle at this point

To reply you must either login or sign up.