Forum › A Room Without Shiori discussion

%d0%a1%d0%bd%d0%b8%d0%bc%d0%be%d0%ba
joined Nov 10, 2013

So stupid ending. Ruined all of the impression for me. Looks like authon didn't even bother himself to think up at least something to end this manga, so he just "oh, she disappeared, I'll leave it to your imagination".
Bullshit.

joined May 8, 2011

GDI! SHE DIED! And no it wasn't that she broke up, that's no the kind of freak out one has when it's just a break up. You don't replay every word. And the first and worst thought in your head isn't "She's no longer here." GDI! THIS WAS THE ACTUAL WORST WAY TO END MY ALREADY SHITTY NIGHT! CAN'T HANDLE BAD ENDS IN YURI! YURI IS MY SAFE ZONE GDI! MY ESCAPE! WHY YOU DO DIS TO ME, GOD!? WAI!?

I sort of disagree with the translation of the very last box on page 13 for this specific reason. In the original Japanese, it's more ambiguous in that all that last box says is "この部屋はもうー" which all it means is "this room is no longer..." It could be that she died. It could be that she moved on somewhere else. The "she was no longer" definitely sounds more morbid than what I think it should.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

So stupid ending. Ruined all of the impression for me. Looks like authon didn't even bother himself to think up at least something to end this manga, so he just "oh, she disappeared, I'll leave it to your imagination".
Bullshit.

I kind of agree with this, in that it's not especially great storytelling. On the other hand, it's very Japanese. They've got a pretty long history of ambiguous endings, especially in literature.

Ymir-and-christa-lenz-historia-reiss-shingeki-no-kyojin-kittyluv57-38197762-736-429
joined May 19, 2014

Hmm, I thought it was quite charming, the first parts at least. Going by the title, I think the author really wanted to leave an open-ended ending in which the reader decides how it ends (only how shiori disappears/perishes), only the ending felt too forced and sudden and was poorly executed. But the h scenes, wow I think someone just topped Asagi Ryuu?

Ba6830e9-5391-43ab-838d-9b1794f709e7
joined Jul 8, 2013

Shiori was working a part time job and going to high school. She hadnt started her life yet. Its most likely she just left and went to college somewhere, moved on with her life.

Akashic Records
Gray.garden.full.1907943.160.213
joined Sep 24, 2013

I prefer "Shiori deid" ending rather than "Shiori left" ending..

It's really hard for Touko, but this kind of tragic ending is kind of romantic in it's way..
After all, death isn't all that scary. At least Shiori didn't have to suffer after she's dead..

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

The next upload is much better, please look forward to it

joined Jul 17, 2013

Eh...

L8nis5h
joined Jun 26, 2014

D:

Fuck. I really need to stop reading things with a Drama tag, in case they have sad endings.

Can we implement a Depressing Ending tag to this site? I've got clinical depression so it's kinda unhealthy that I keep reading things that make me feel even worse
Now if you'll excuse me I've gotta go look up lots of dumb cutesy moe yuri until I forget about this.

last edited at Aug 2, 2014 3:40PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Bullshit.

I kind of agree with this, in that it's not especially great storytelling. On the other hand, it's very Japanese. They've got a pretty long history of ambiguous endings, especially in literature.

I like ambiguous endings. They can often be pretty fun to puzzle together. This one was just kind of flat though. I you're doing an ambiguous ending you should at least make it intriguing.

As a friend of mine put it, a lot of Japanese stories don't so much end as stop.

Heck, look at a lot of the old Urusei Yatsura manga, many didn't resolve the stories or have a definite punchline.

Tumblr_inline_nmpg2zqwcs1s53ljo_100
joined Apr 4, 2014

What an ending. Maybe shiori's parents found out about their relationship so they forced her to move away.

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

Bullshit.

I like ambiguous endings. They can often be pretty fun to puzzle together. This one was just kind of flat though. I you're doing an ambiguous ending you should at least make it intriguing.

Ambiguity has a time and place, but as underachiever said this one lacked depth. It's totally fine and can often be insanely powerful to knock us out with a 1-2 punch that we totally weren't expecting, but there has to be at least some clue as to the 'why' otherwise you lose about 40% of your audience.

If there was a continuation, that'd be one thing. But if you force a car to stop without warning, you'll probably end up crashing it.

Yurifaceapproved3%20copy
joined Sep 10, 2014

That's Yui_7's style: adults' drama.
Maybe she's putting in manga her friends' stories or maybe she's trying to fixe some of her own scars.
To be honest, apart from her Kantai work, her characters are generally realistic and pretty dark.
Well, like in real life, yuri is not always about good endings.

This
joined Jan 17, 2017

Why you.....

joined Apr 27, 2017

Yui7 and her separation endings. Goddamn it, I see it coming, and I still stand around and get hit by the truck.

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

...IF she did die is better than just leaving... still.. how tragic, so soon...meh.

YeShallBeAsGods
Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015

Touko keeps saying she's trying not to fall in love with her and our two hints are that Shiori is either some kind of cute animal or a nymph seducing adults. It sounds like she either used Touko on purpose, or used her and left her unintentionally. The page of the prequel makes it seem like Shiori knows exactly what she's doing.

last edited at Oct 28, 2017 5:57PM

Download
joined Dec 13, 2017

Do you still remember when she said she has an accountant license? It might be related, but, if you look on the last page, you find it that it was the same room. So, she is still in Japan. But, the question is what happens to Shiori? What do you think happens to Shiori? I think Shiori might be having cancer and died 'coz lots of s3x or she went to a faraway town to attend a good college just like what she said.

To reply you must either login or sign up.