Forum › Anime season

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

Konohana is good and gay.

In non-yuri news, Juuni Taisen is kind of amazing

Well.. it had mindbreak yuri... sort off. Feels different from Nisio's other works.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

The style is the part I like. I just don't think it's very well-written. Or animated

Nothing they can do about the animation, but I think the style does a pretty good job in hiding its shortcomings. If KemoFure teached us something is that sometimes this doesn't matter, anyway.

It mattered to me, since I liked it despite how terrible the animation was. Even as much as I enjoyed the writing and characters, even to the end of the series the animation distracted me. Especially during the action scene at the end which had that badass reveal of all the Friends, only to lead into an amateurish fight.

I love me some KemoFure, but I'm not going to pretend the poor animation didn't detract from enjoying it.

joined Jan 21, 2015

The new Kino no Tabi feels a lot more traditionally "anime" than the 2003 series (which I highly recommend). I rewatched some of the first adaptation and its art direction, sound design and use of highly stylized character designs made even the more upbeat episodes feel mildly unsettling. The new version seems like a bit of a step down, but it's still more Kino no Tabi.

Also mildly unsettling was Girls' Last Trip/Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou. Really good first episode. It's about two girls, but I don't know if we should expect much shipping material from this one.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

There's a new Kino no Tabi? Gotta check that out once Houseguest moves out.

joined Mar 25, 2013

The new YuYuYu season started today for those interested.

Prepare to get your hearts crushed.

last edited at Oct 7, 2017 10:57AM

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

Anime: Two Car

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcmtj921NzY

Possible multiple pairings in the future :3

Untitled%20design
joined Jul 13, 2016

Did anyone watch Kakegurui and if yes is it recommendable? It apparently has some yuri but I don't want to get baited :x

joined Jan 21, 2015

There's a new Kino no Tabi?

Yeah! It's a full reboot with a new cast, so it will adapt a few stories that were covered the first time around. ANN interviewed the author recently.

Prepare to get your hearts crushed.

I look forward to finding out what new ways of making these poor girls suffer the writers have come up with!

09_lapis_lazuline
joined Aug 12, 2017

Did anyone watch Kakegurui and if yes is it recommendable? It apparently has some yuri but I don't want to get baited :x

Read the manga.

09_lapis_lazuline
joined Aug 12, 2017

YuYuYu's first half will be adapting the prequel novel.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

So, new stuff:

Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou/**Girls' Last Tour** is off to a great start. Not sure how much shipping material there'll be, but if you want a slice-of-life show this'll fit the bill nicely

Sunshine S2 is much like S1

Two Car is okay and has a bunch of shippable pairings but the main girls both have feelings for some guy. Who has no face and is written out before the series starts? It's weird

Don't watch Blend S

Also, Houseki no Kuni and Kekkai Sensen are both excellent

"New". The first half was already released as OVAs (it's okay but not as good as the original series)

The manga has a yuri arc, but I hear the anime cut it out in favour of screwing over it's ability to make a second season

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

The anime will bait you, the manga will not.

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

Really? I heard the anime had lot's of good Yuri in it.
Does it fuck us over with a male love interest?

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou's first ep was comfy af with some unsettling undertones Holy shit, I was having the stupidest grin on my face the entire time & was genuinely taken back by the scene where Yuu points the gun at Chi, even though it was a joke (kinda) The OST & the visuals really work to help build the atmosphere & the world. Very intrigued to see where it's going. & since Chi & Yuu are the only humans left. I think it's safe to say we can ship them together for humanity's sake. Also, since it's super atmospheric, highly character-driven, & with this post-apocalyptic world setting, I feel like this show might make me cry.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

It doesn't. Yes, it does. Biggest disappointment of the season for me.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

I dunno where you'd hear that. There's a male protagonist from the start and even the manga limits what yuri there is to side characters

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Alright so the Dragon Ball Super one hour special happened, very unfortunately it wasted too much time on the Genkidama tug of war, and when Goku achieved the mino...minuit....mi....Ultra Instinct, it used a bit too much of the usual dragon ball loop of punches and kicks. But holy fuck that one minute fight before the genkidama and when he dodged shit on ultra instinct was so fucking cool!!

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

Cannibal & Hylarn
I guess I dodged a bullet then lol.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou's first ep was comfy af with some unsettling undertones Holy shit, I was having the stupidest grin on my face the entire time & was genuinely taken back by the scene where Yuu points the gun at Chi, even though it was a joke (kinda) The OST & the visuals really work to help build the atmosphere & the world. Very intrigued to see where it's going. & since Chi & Yuu are the only humans left. I think it's safe to say we can ship them together for humanity's sake. Also, since it's super atmospheric, highly character-driven, & with this post-apocalyptic world setting, I feel like this show might make me cry.

Well, after finding out the author's works through her Twitter & Tumblr, I now understand that the unsettling tone is intentional & that this anime is possibly an allegory of the author's severe depression. This might turn out to be the most interesting ride this season.

Also, good news (?), the author is into yuri.

last edited at Oct 8, 2017 2:35AM

Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

Happy to see kekkai sensen again. people really hyped up DBS today gonna go watch it and see wats up. Also, Garo vanishing line has my attention i loved the first anime might eventually try to watch the live action one, Was crimson moon shit like people said it was?.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Garo vanishing line has my attention i loved the first anime might eventually try to watch the live action one, Was crimson moon shit like people said it was?.

Bit more than one live action series there. And yes, Crimson Moon was pretty bad

Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

that animation for DBS for this episode was good I was Shooketh.

joined Jan 21, 2015

Two Car is okay and has a bunch of shippable pairings but the main girls both have feelings for some guy. Who has no face and is written out before the series starts? It's weird

Yeah that was weird. It was like a lot of effort was put into showing that he didn't matter even though he clearly was an important part of the girls' backstory and motivation. Stranger still was the fact that even with the short introductions they got, all the other teams seemed more interesting than the one we're supposed to root for. They take the time to spell out that the two main girls are basically the same person like it's an endearing quirk.

Hopefully this will be one of those stories where the opponents get as much focus as the protagonists.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Anime Gataris' lead girls look like they'll be shippable. Show itself seems like a decent club anime, though I'm not sure where it's going with it's odder aspects

Stranger still was the fact that even with the short introductions they got, all the other teams seemed more interesting than the one we're supposed to root for. They take the time to spell out that the two main girls are basically the same person like it's an endearing quirk.

If being "basically the same person" is a problem, then shouldn't the twins be worse than the protagonists?

...Not that I particularly disagree with the general sentiment

joined Jan 21, 2015

If being "basically the same person" is a problem, then shouldn't the twins be worse than the protagonists?

Ha, you're right. I should've said that they were using the same excuse as creators usually do with twins to avoid coming up with two different personalities. I'll still be watching this, of course. We don't get many anime about racing.

Well, after finding out the author's works through her Twitter & Tumblr, I now understand that the unsettling tone is intentional & that this anime is possibly an allegory of the author's severe depression. This might turn out to be the most interesting ride this season.

Also, good news (?), the author is into yuri.

I'm even more curious about this one now that I know more about the author. I scrolled through her Twitter, looking at all the fanart for shows from 10-15 years ago and I was enjoying the trip down memory lane... and suddenly there was a drawing of a girl slitting her wrists. I really hope Tsukumizu is getting help.

To reply you must either login or sign up.