Forum › Anime season

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

TO ARU MAJUTSU NO INDEX SEASON 3 IS CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!!! MADAFAKA. still dont like touma tho i watch it for the kuroko,saten flipping Uiharu skirt.....

I doubt they'll appear much.. we gotta get railgun S3 for some proper Kuroko molesting misaka.

Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

TO ARU MAJUTSU NO INDEX SEASON 3 IS CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!!! MADAFAKA. still dont like touma tho i watch it for the kuroko,saten flipping Uiharu skirt.....

I doubt they'll appear much.. we gotta get railgun S3 for some proper Kuroko molesting misaka.

^this very much i want.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Okay, season over. Results:

Hina Logi: Decent CGDCT with some odd writing issues. Gets heavy on yuri towards the end

Princess Principal: Fun steampunk spy series. Has some plot issues (not nearly enough for most of it, then too much towards the end), but still pretty good. A yuri relationship is heavily implied by the end

Made in Abyss: Beautifully animated and kind of disturbing adventure series. Main relationship is het but it has this weird thing with backstories involving yuri-ish relationships that don't work out

Symphogear AXZ: Is Symphogear. Not too much focus on the character relationships this time, though. New girls do have vaguely poly vibes but they die

No yuri, but Knight's & Magic is worthwhile if you like giant robots

Afueee
joined Apr 5, 2013

Good, I'm watching Symphogear AXZ.
So, I'm adding Hina Logi and Princess Principal to my 'to-watch' list.

What are you planning to see in the new season?

My first choices are the prequel/sequel of Yuuki Yuuna and the second season of Love Live Sunshine. (I hope that they do something with Riko's confession and not sweep it under the rug).

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Season's over. Just gonna point out the best & worst highlights.

-The most intelligent & thought-provoking show of the season goes to Aho Girl
-The best produced show with amazing high-quality animation & direction goes to Teekyuu 9
-The comedic masterpiece that combines both quality writing & quality production is NTR
-Other highlights of the season: Made in Abyss (looks good), New Game S2 (is cute & better than S1), & Sakura Quest (is
comfy)
-Mistakes of the season: Bahamut Virgin Soul, Jigoku Shoujo S4

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Gudetamago posted:

Season's over. Just gonna point out the best & worst highlights.

-The most intelligent & thought-provoking show of the season goes to Aho Girl
-The best produced show with amazing high-quality animation & direction goes to Teekyuu 9
-The comedic masterpiece that combines both quality writing & quality production is NTR
-Other highlights of the season: Made in Abyss (looks good), New Game S2 (is cute & better than S1), & Sakura Quest (is
comfy)
-Mistakes of the season: Bahamut Virgin Soul, Jigoku Shoujo S4

I disagree with most of your "awards". You could have added a disclaimer that it was your personal opinion.

(unless, of course, it was irony)

last edited at Oct 2, 2017 1:52PM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Nya-chan posted:

I disagree with most of your "awards". You could have added a disclaimer that it was your personal opinion.

I think the first 3 entries are supposed to be a joke , but I might be wrong.

last edited at Oct 2, 2017 2:31PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Nezchan posted:

Is Made In Abyss really rough to watch? I'm kind of a wimp, horror-wise, but the visuals I've seen in screenshots are stunning so I'm tempted.

It's not really horror; there's some messed-up stuff in it, but little attempt to be scary. And it's too hopeful to even be especially dark. If you can get through Madoka it shouldn't be a problem

I, uh...didn't watch Madoka. I know what happens and I'm just not really motivated to watch based on that.

Made In Abyss is uplifting, because the protagonists are engaging and talk, think and act their age and it's a tale of their courage and resilience.

But and at the same time, their world isn't forgiving at all and especially not for children. The monsters living in the Abyss, and even the adults diving and living there, don't give a damn about if they are children. It's a harsh world and dead weight are not allowed.

If I were to compare it to something, it'd be Full Metal Alchemist. It gives the same vibes : comedy can turn rapidly to tragedy. But with younger protagonists.

But there's no despair. There's always a way out for them.

last edited at Oct 2, 2017 4:38PM

joined Jun 17, 2014

Is kuzu no Honkai worth the watch?

last edited at Oct 3, 2017 2:17AM

09_lapis_lazuline
joined Aug 12, 2017

Yes, but don't expect a happy yuri ending. That be missing the point completely.

joined Jun 17, 2014

Yes, but don't expect a happy yuri ending. That be missing the point completely.

I have been killed YURI IS DEAD

Swap!-min-min
joined Jan 13, 2017

Nya-chan posted:

I think the first 3 entries are supposed to be a joke , but I might be wrong.

Are you implying that Teekyu, the 5 minute comedy short that may or may not be funded by its staff's loose change, is not at the pinnacle of animation quality? For shame.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Are you implying that Teekyu, the 5 minute comedy short that may or may not be funded by its staff's loose change, is not at the pinnacle of animation quality? For shame.

It's 2 minutes & 30 seconds. 2 MINUTES & 30 SECONDS OF 2-FRAME ANIMATIONS. Work of pure genius & crack.

Season 10 when?

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

Season 10 when?

Not soon enough!

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

AHAHAHHAHA You can't make this shit up!
Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS, the extremely slow paced anime, is at 21 episodes and already had its SECOND recap episode!
I have no idea why do i even bother

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

sword art online spinoff with no kirito and possibility yuri?

joined Dec 16, 2013

konohana kitan out!

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

konohana kitan out!

What? Why? I actually liked that.

joined Mar 25, 2013

konohana kitan out!

What? Why? I actually liked that.

I think he/she meant that the anime has started airing.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

If you missed the thread about it, Konohana Kitan seems to be adapting the stuff that ran in Yuri Hime and thus is pretty gay. It's also very pretty and quite pleasant

In non-yuri news, Juuni Taisen is kind of amazing

joined Dec 16, 2013

If you missed the thread about it, Konohana Kitan seems to be adapting the stuff that ran in Yuri Hime and thus is pretty gay. It's also very pretty and quite pleasant

nice...
link?

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

nice...
link?

The thread? Here

Oh, and Urahara has some subtexty bits but is kind of bad

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

It's actually pretty fun so far.
I guess people can't get into something when it's different, since it's directing is different from pretty much everything I watched.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

I guess people can't get into something when it's different, since it's directing is different from pretty much everything I watched.

The style is the part I like. I just don't think it's very well-written. Or animated

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

The style is the part I like. I just don't think it's very well-written. Or animated

Nothing they can do about the animation, but I think the style does a pretty good job in hiding its shortcomings. If KemoFure teached us something is that sometimes this doesn't matter, anyway.
I have no problem with the writing so far. In fact, it's not generic, so I think it's good so far. Of course, I still need to see how it'll keep going through next episodes.

To reply you must either login or sign up.