Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

Screen%20shot%202017-09-05%20at%2014.18.21
joined Feb 4, 2017

yoonie

No, if Sungji indeed gives Sumin a piece of her mind of not running away from her feelings, simple "TL nim, this time, le'ts not running away from your feelings longer, I will give you a break for you to think things through and decide. Whatever outcome would be, I'll accept it"

This is what you want.. but not what Sumin needs.. not what Sungji thinks it has a point anymore.

Yes, and do you really think that leaving her like this could make her honest with herself? Again, can you understand that? That right now, instead of giving Sumin time to sort her feelings out, she is giving Sumin misery and pain for losing a person without knowing reasons. Sumin is not sorting her feelings out, she only focuses on 1 feeling only, pain and misery.

yes, she needed that.. after all her sadness and shock are gone, only the truth remains. I don't want to repeat myself, but I truly think that Sungji knows that Sumin would deny the obvious (saying that she hates Seju in ch77, but later Sungji knows that its not true in ch83.. Sumin saying that she doesn't care anymore ch90, but that's also not true) .. Sungji needs no apologies anymore from what she reached.. and Sumin doesn't need explanation to what she knows from ch50 but would still fight unreasonably. So yes, the sadness, guilt and fear will vanish eventually..

last edited at Aug 28, 2017 10:33PM

joined Mar 21, 2017

kami-sama

I'm just not really a fan of TG's style of show, don't tell narrative.

could you please suggest better authors with interesting stories please ?

This just comes to opinion really doesn't it. I think Beloved for instance is a much better story with better artwork but that's going to be completely subjective.

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

yoonie
This is what you want.. but not what Sumin needs.. not what Sungji thinks it has a point anymore.

No, its the least Sungji could say, or do before leaving, say sth, anything, before leaving. Just anything, except leaving Sumin in pain and misery.

yes, she needed that.. after all her sadness and shock are gone, only the truth remains.

The truth can remains without ultimate pain and sadness, with just a few words from Sungji.

I dont say that Sungji cant leave, I'm saying that she can leave with a few words to at least not deepen the pain Sumin will have.

I don't want to repeat myself, but I truly think that Sungji knows that Sumin would deny the obvious (saying that she hates Seju in ch77, but later Sungji knows that its not true in ch83.. Sumin saying that she doesn't care anymore ch90, but that's also not true) ..

I also have to repeat myself alot, not only you, but I dont see leaving without words is the thing acceptable, even for whatever reason Sungji is thinking.

Sumin is running from her feelings, I know, you know, everyone knows, yes, she needs to see that but not by pushing her to deepest pain and leaving her vulnerable to the point of not be able to standing up again. They can talk and Sungji has the power of making Sumin understand and face the problem without running away. She has that damn power. I know that you want to say Sungji doesnt need to hear her reasons but Sungji has the power to make Sumin change. She has that but she chooses to leave without words.

So no, it is not justified what Sungji did no matter how people analyse.

Sungji needs no apologies anymore from what she reached.. and Sumin doesn't need explanation to what she knows from ch50 but would still fight unreasonably. So yes, the sadness, guilt and fear will vanish eventually..

I know Sungji doesnt need that but Sungji also needs to say that she doesnt need that to Sumin before leaving, at least, saying that and leaving. The least she could do is say sth before leaving.

For watever reason she is having, its not justified for she has left without words and leaving Sumin more vulnerable than it should've been.

There is not even about the need of hearing Sumin talk about excuses or reasons, or even begging Sungji to stay, it just a courtesy of having a proper goodbye or at least, making each other understand where they're standing before leaving.

last edited at Aug 28, 2017 10:57PM

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

But for what its worth though, Sungji definitely doesnt seem to be in some kind of miserable or sad state, lollll. She seems well, too well.

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

yoonie

Seju and Sumin, there is none, so the chance of them backing together is almost zero

There is definitely unfinished business.

No, there is none. If there was ever ever ever an ending with them, it not from unfinished business, it's a new start with a clean state.

But no, I dont believe in this kind of ending, 100%.

last edited at Aug 28, 2017 11:03PM

joined Jun 23, 2017

yoonie

No, there is none. If there was ever ever ever an ending with them, it not from unfinished business, it's a new start with a clean state.

More like... Something still remains, plot wise, between them.

Eliz
joined Jul 26, 2017

Nora

Pulse. Just kidding. One Piece. No, not really, One Piece is too epic for anything else. Maybe Octave (the typical coming out story that you hate. Oh, there is a cheating with a man, too), used to be my favorite yuri.

yoonie

Even after Sungji completely breaks up with Sumin and goes date someone else? While Seju is still single and loves Sumin, and Sumin still has lingering feeling for Seju?

Melxlynn2
joined Mar 4, 2017

But for what its worth though, Sungji definitely doesnt seem to be in some kind of miserable or sad state, lollll. She seems well, too well.

Agree.

About the wedding though... Even if it really is a wedding I still can't see Sumin going there. I just can't. She looks like hell, she's clearly unable to collect herself. Someone is calling her (twice), she's not picking up. Showing on the wedding would ruin the wedding. If she wanted to get answers she could always go to the studio or where Sungji lives. There's no point in using a wedding to see her at all. Besides, in the past it was always Sumin who either contacted Sungji or came to see her for answers or explanations. It's about time for a change. Sungji messed up, she's the one who has to go to her. If that won't happen, I will never ever even tolerate the ending. There's a limit to how stupid one character can be and Sungji had crossed the line.

last edited at Aug 29, 2017 12:03AM

Melxlynn2
joined Mar 4, 2017

Pulse. Just kidding. One Piece. No, not really, One Piece is too epic for anything else. Maybe Octave (the typical coming out story that you hate. Oh, there is a cheating with a man, too), used to be my favorite yuri.

Pulse is still kind of good. The third party is getting better. There're also Citrus and Lily Love. The love doctor got ruined and I absolutely can't understand Serenade - plotless smut between teacher and a student? I've dropped it long ago.

last edited at Aug 29, 2017 12:11AM

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

At this moment, not to Sumin. There aren't really any signs in the chapter that tells me that Sumin is thinking about Seju.

Not to say that would not be the case later though...

I know Sungji is special to Sumin, but still I believe Seju leaving her for the first time in her life could affect her more than being dumped by her gf could.

Can't see can't hear but love. My most favorite manhwa of all time. :'D I don't recommend it to you guys though since none of my siblings likes it. T T It's not yuri either.

joined May 18, 2017

Pulse is still kind of good. The third party is getting better. There're also Citrus and Lily Love. The love doctor got ruined and I absolutely can't understand Serenade - plotless smut between teacher and a student? I've dropped it long ago.

MAMD? That's another more like "FF" -focused on romance.

There's also"Flower Garden" or "Moonlight Garden" and if you think WDTFS has plenty of sex scenes.. then think again. MG has much more of that and The story just got interesting but there's a bit much sex and no Seju

last edited at Aug 29, 2017 12:22AM

Melxlynn2
joined Mar 4, 2017

MAMD? That's another more like "FF" -focused on romance.

There's also"Flower Garden" or "Moonlight Garden" and if you think WDTFS has plenty of sex scenes.. then think again. MG has much more of that and The story just got interesting but there's a bit much sex and no Seju

Personally, I think even Pulse has more sex scenes than WDTFS. Unforgivable rape included.

What's MAMD and FF? I'm not so good with korean yuris. I haven't even started reading my ass long list of Japanese ones, lol. No time and too much WDTFS, Pulse and Third Party in my case.

joined Mar 21, 2017

Izz

Mrs Angel & Mrs Devil
Fluttering Feelings (not complete and may never be)

Melxlynn2
joined Mar 4, 2017

Izz

Mrs Angel & Mrs Devil
Fluttering Feelings (not complete and may never be)

Thank you. I tried the first one, didn't like it. When it comes to unfinished stories I'd rather not start them. I still hope for Nana to return... :(

Eliz
joined Jul 26, 2017

Pulse and Lily Love are too cliche. I read them (without paying) to kill time.
Citrus, I used to like it a lot, but it should have ended, now it is just boring.
Third Party and Love Doctor are alright... not bad, not that good either. I also read them (without paying) when I need a break from cat videos.

Anyway, I read the chapter again. The things that stood out
1. Seju's thought: "So that I won't be hurt" vs "I am going to make sure that the one I love won't hurt anymore". She acknowledged that she had held on to Sumin for her own sake. It was selfish, now she decides to do the "right" thing - remove Sumin's burden: herself.
2. "Now even if you get together with me, you will miss your other love". Ironically, Sungji has the same thought aka. Sumin is fucked.
3. "...rather than me in the past." Seju acknowledged that Sumin was in love with another version of Seju, not so much with the current one.
4. At least 4 days have passed since both girls left her, who does Sumin want to see? The one she is going to see next is the one she wants to be with, and seeing each other does not mean they will be the end couple because Sumin is no longer the one who does the choosing. GGWP, Sungji.

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

I dont like Pulse, tried it but not my style. The story is cliche for once but the chacracters dont give enough impact on readers' view. And too much sex, its not even normal sex.

Citrus is boring, too much focused on innocent love and cheesy cliche love. Me no likey

Love Doctor, when I just started to like the third character, it got all ruined by too many characters and side stories, also dropped it.

About the wedding though... Even if it really is a wedding I still can't see Sumin going there. I just can't. She looks like hell, she's clearly unable to collect herself. Someone is calling her (twice), she's not picking up. Showing on the wedding would ruin the wedding. If she wanted to get answers she could always go to the studio or where Sungji lives. There's no point in using a wedding to see her at all. Besides, in the past it was always Sumin who either contacted Sungji or came to see her for answers or explanations. It's about time for a change. Sungji messed up, she's the one who has to go to her. If that won't happen, I will never ever even tolerate the ending. There's a limit to how stupid one character can be and Sungji had crossed the line.

Well, it should be Sumin who will look for Sungji :). It makes no sense now that Sungji comes back looking for Sumin when she has left.

Unless Seju comes back and talks to Sungji, but well, I dont like it, just make Seju go higher and Sungji go lower in the ranking of deserving the love Sumin will give in my mind.

last edited at Aug 29, 2017 1:30AM

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

yoonie

Even after Sungji completely breaks up with Sumin and goes date someone else? While Seju is still single and loves Sumin, and Sumin still has lingering feeling for Seju?

With the scale from 1 to 10, how highly the story would go that way in your mind? Realistically speaking?

For me, zero point five is still little bit high, lolll, but I still give some point since the end has not happened yet so zero point five it is.

last edited at Aug 29, 2017 1:35AM

Melxlynn2
joined Mar 4, 2017

I dont like Pulse, tried it but not my style. The story is cliche for once but the chacracters dont give enough impact on readers' view. And too much sex, its not even normal sex.

Haha, yeah, I guess there's a lot of sex. And BDSM lately, which is not what I like. Sue is also a terrible villain but the story overal is ok to me. I really, really love Mel and I root for her and Lynn.

Citrus is boring, too much focused on innocent love and cheesy cliche love. Me no likey

The problem with Citrus is that it's not getting regular updates and you forget all the details until the next chapter comes out.

Love Doctor, when I just started to like the third character, it got all ruined by too many characters and side stories, also dropped it.

That's my problem with TLD too although I don't like all the side characters with an exception of Erae's best friend but she was ruined the moment she entered this weird triangle with ballerina and ex-bully.

Well, it should be Sumin who will look for Sungji :). It makes no sense now that Sungji comes back looking for Sumin when she has left.

Nah, Sungji has to understand she made a mistake and should be the one to grow up and do what had to be done instead of leaving like that.

Unless Seju comes back and talks to Sungji, but well, I dont like it, just make Seju go higher and Sungji go lower in the ranking of deserving the love Sumin will give in my mind.

And here's the idea - what is Seju's brother up to? What is he getting ready? Seju saw the state Sumin was in, Sumin told her what happened. Seju might be the one to bring them back together somehow. Going to the wedding would be too overdramatic because as I said, it's easier to go and see Sungji at work or at home. No need in ruining someone's wedding with showing up with eyes red and puffy, runny nose, pale and tired as hell. Even the best sunglassess wouldn't hide how miserable and sick she looks like. Besides, I don't think she'd want to cause a scene between herself and Sungji on someone's happiest day of life.

Elizabeth%20sadaharu
joined Jul 11, 2017

Yoonie

we will hear Sungji's mind but not necessarily directly to Sumin.. maybe she would talk to Dawoon about it.. (if it is indeed Dawoon who appeared in the wedding)

Sure, we will, if we didnt see Sungji's mind for next 2 chaps, I'll burn TG's house for ruining one character without explanation

LOL ruining one character without explanation XDDD. I hope you won't have to burn their houses... preparing fire extinguisher

last edited at Aug 29, 2017 1:52AM

Melxlynn2
joined Mar 4, 2017

Yoonie

we will hear Sungji's mind but not necessarily directly to Sumin.. maybe she would talk to Dawoon about it.. (if it is indeed Dawoon who appeared in the wedding)

Sure, we will, if we didnt see Sungji's mind for next 2 chaps, I'll burn TG's house for ruining one character without explanation

LOL ruining one character without explanation XDDD. I hope you won't have to burn their houses... preparing fire extinguisher

I'll prepare gasoline

Eliz
joined Jul 26, 2017

With the scale from 1 to 10, how highly the story would go that way in your mind? Realistically speaking?

5 :)

last edited at Aug 29, 2017 2:16AM

Melxlynn2
joined Mar 4, 2017

Pulse main couple is cute and the character is lovable but the plot is just "awkward" and predictable after sue entered.

Love doctor is promosing, the couple is cute, but later getting out of control and the plot doesn't interest me like it used to be.

Moonlight garden start weird and becomes better now... just too much unnecesarry sex scene

Anyway, backtrack previous episode I think we might get another surprise because the table flip to each other end after every character decision.

I will write my prediction later if I have time....

Team blonde wedding after one huge time skip with flashbacks of what happened (or left most of it in behind the scenes, like them talking about Seju's situation and Sumin's past with Seju)? Well, Sungji is standing on the right, white collar and all... LOL.

joined Aug 29, 2015

kami-sama

I'm just not really a fan of TG's style of show, don't tell narrative.

This just comes to opinion really doesn't it. I think Beloved for instance is a much better story with better artwork but that's going to be completely subjective.

yeah, it is subjective and to each of their own preference. I'm not a fan of TG's style of relying more on visual narrative/storytelling because I find their artwork lacking in detail. i.e the characters facial expression doesn't have much variation. so sometimes it is hard to tell what they're thinking about or feeling. to be honest I never find Sungji engaging as a character even when she was crying lol although the parallels between the then and now scenes were decent.

for me the best scene in WDTFS is when Seju had an outburst when Sumin confronted her about the rumors of her and Nami going to a hotel. as a reader I truly felt Seju's emotion pouring out of her. anger, pain, hopelessness. Seju felt very human in that scene and not just a fictional character.

on the author/artist. I really like Milk Morinaga's Girl Friends, Prism (too bad it was cancelled), Octave (mention before) Strawberry Shake and a lot of popular yuri manga/manhwa today. Citrus (it is good when it focus on Yuzu and Mei's blossoming romance and how they deal with their very complicated relationship) Miss Angel, Miss Devil (enjoyable) Pulse (this is what WDTFS could have been if Seju was a total psycho ex-gf) Bloom Into You, . .there's a lot of yuri manga here in Dynasty Reader. I'm sure anyone can find something they will like. even one-shot story like I Want To Lock You Up is good.

last edited at Aug 29, 2017 2:57AM

Elizabeth%20sadaharu
joined Jul 11, 2017

I'm not a fan of TG's style of relying more on visual narrative/storytelling because I find their artwork lacking in detail

I am the complete opposite. I really like their style (so much so that everything else is kind of ruined for me at the moment). It's subtle and not-in-your-face. And I find their artwork very detailed actually..(to the point where I am a little ashamed when I miss things..like I didn't do the details justice).

last edited at Aug 29, 2017 3:00AM

Melxlynn2
joined Mar 4, 2017

Prism (too bad it was cancelled)

Prism was cancelled? Good to know, gotta delete it from my list!

To reply you must either login or sign up.