Forum › Nagisa and the Cheesecake of Love discussion

joined Apr 1, 2017

The order of the pages is messed up
Cute story though.

Shamimomo%20hug
joined Jan 23, 2016

Homura is honestly just really bad at being evil and I love it.

joined Aug 10, 2016

Gooooooooooooooooooood shit right here, warms the cockles of my heart.

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

I legit thought this was by Ume Aoki and that Gecchu and Owanta were just different aliases that she was known by.

joined Aug 28, 2017

I love works that include Nagisa. It really helps make her feel like an established character.

joined Oct 26, 2016

For some reason I love these post-rebellion stories a lot (maitake and nurajirou come to mind) and it's always nice to see the side characters being highlighted.

I'd argue she was never evil to begin with but I digress :).

joined Apr 30, 2014

Wait, the afterword said he's done all the characters - so there are more books before this one and the kyosaya ones?

HaxtonFale Uploader
Anna_avatar_320
BunnyScans
joined Jul 28, 2011

Cute story though.

?
Not really, it's all good.

Oakfeather Uploader
Pfp
Oakfeather
joined Mar 17, 2017

Cute story though.

No, nothing is out of order. There is more than one story in here, however. Nagisa and the Cheesecake of Love spans from pages 3-18, Pages 19-20 are a short story, and 21-22 is Nagisa, the Dream, and the Kind Demon.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I agree. Homura isn't evil. Just really selfish XD

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

It's really a philosophical conundrum, Homura fights justifiably for her own self-preseveration, but in doing so she hurts the one she loves, which hurts herself. Ultimately my take is that accepting her sitation as hopeless would be tantamount to suicide, so she pretty much takes the only sane path available to her. Would you give up your life, love, and happiness for the good of the world? Most people wouldn't. Whether they SHOULD is the crux of the "did Homura do anything wrong" question.

joined Apr 21, 2014

It's really a philosophical conundrum, Homura fights justifiably for her own self-preseveration, but in doing so she hurts the one she loves, which hurts herself. Ultimately my take is that accepting her sitation as hopeless would be tantamount to suicide, so she pretty much takes the only sane path available to her. Would you give up your life, love, and happiness for the good of the world? Most people wouldn't. Whether they SHOULD is the crux of the "did Homura do anything wrong" question.

I think Homura is actually very selfless. She was willing to turn into a witch and then die, without ever seeing Madoka again, to save her from being interfered with by Kyubey. She was also ready to accept Madoka's 'goddess' status even though it hurt her. She changed her mind when Madoka herself (though amnesic) told her she couldn't stand being separated from everyone she loves.

Promo-facebook-facebook%20profile%20picture
joined May 24, 2014

It still blows my mind how Nagisa keeps getting paired off with Mami even though she once ate her.. I still love the pairing but it's really weird to think about it that way lol

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I think Homura is actually very selfless. She was willing to turn into a witch and then die, without ever seeing Madoka again, to save her from being interfered with by Kyubey. She was also ready to accept Madoka's 'goddess' status even though it hurt her. She changed her mind when Madoka herself (though amnesic) told her she couldn't stand being separated from everyone she loves.

I saw those scenes differently. While it is true that she was willing to sacrifice herself and become a witch to save Madoka, that is just part of her selfish wish. She never cared about her own life, but always wanted Madoka to live no matter the consequences. She never accepted Madoka's goddess status and uses amnesiac Madoka's answer as an excuse to get what she really wanted which is Madoka to live a normal life. We all AND Homura herself know that Madoka wouldn't want this if she was self aware.

joined Jun 22, 2017

It still blows my mind how Nagisa keeps getting paired off with Mami even though she once ate her.. I still love the pairing but it's really weird to think about it that way lol

ate her

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

last edited at Aug 29, 2017 1:01PM

Shamimomo%20hug
joined Jan 23, 2016

I don't actually think she's evil either. But a common occurrence is her calling herself "a demon" or "an evil devil who went against god" or whatever else which I take to mean she is trying to appear evil and she's just. Really. Really bad at it. Like the most villainous things she did after taking over in canon were knocking over a teacup to upset Mami and having her Familiars waste food to upset Kyouko. But then she made sure that Mami and Nagisa met and at the very least she had Kyouko and Sayaka living together during the majority of it so I doubt she'd change that. Her big 'evil' plan is making sure all her friends have happy lives to make up for what she presumably sees as a necessary evil.

and I got really off track.

joined Oct 26, 2016

I don't actually think she's evil either. But a common occurrence is her calling herself "a demon" or "an evil devil who went against god" or whatever else which I take to mean she is trying to appear evil and she's just. Really. Really bad at it. Like the most villainous things she did after taking over in canon were knocking over a teacup to upset Mami and having her Familiars waste food to upset Kyouko. But then she made sure that Mami and Nagisa met and at the very least she had Kyouko and Sayaka living together during the majority of it so I doubt she'd change that. Her big 'evil' plan is making sure all her friends have happy lives to make up for what she presumably sees as a necessary evil.

and I got really off track.

Yes I 100% agree with this. Homura is still the same meek, kind, twin-braid glasses girl on the inside, just putting up a facade of being cold (and after Rebellion, evil). That's why I love Maitake's doujins because they expand on that Homura so well with all of her clumsy attempts at doing so.

To reply you must either login or sign up.