Forum › Midsummer Body Heat discussion

Yuri
joined Dec 11, 2013

I was expected for a kiss scene ;__;....

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

I was expecting at least a little more skin contact

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

If you act so defenseless around me...
I'm going to...
Hold your hand.

That's some hardcore marimite shit going on

Stretch%20full
joined Jun 13, 2012

All of the comments before me is so true, and lol.

Isn't it a common sense to kiss someone leaning on your shoulder defenseless?!

969153_636130159747876_1489078614_n
joined Apr 10, 2013

I'm going to...
Hold your hand.

Indeed it is. Like that episode where main prota visits her onee-sama and they hugged instead of the predicted kiss. It's like, lips contact in 5, 4, 3, 2, 10! It's a hug!

... Still, it made me want to watch marimite again. It has been a while. Ah, it was so pure. I could never defile it.

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

holding hands

that's lewd...

Even in doujins still nobody kisses sigh that's why I never liked marimite. It's way too pure for me.

Troid Uploader
Wheels150
Payapaya Scans
joined Jan 28, 2013

Scanlated a mere eight years after its release.

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

Scanlated a mere eight years after its release.

eight years or not, it was still a wonderful story and a much welcomed change of pace :-)

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

Lmao. Marimite is timeless. Jesus. I will always love it.
And so goddamn pure. That's the best part.

Always fancied NoriShima more than the other pairs. Although Sachiko is my bias.

joined Jul 17, 2013

The last part was so SeixShiori i almost cry ; ;

Ah~ Marimite is just too perfect~

joined Nov 11, 2010

Shimako x Noriko 4 freakin' evah. I noticed YuriProject also has raws (at least) for a sequel up so I wouldn't give up just yet for a kiss. Man, but this really is a treasure though, dug up from back in 2006. I'll never have enough of Marimite; actually I just got through rereading like 6 of the translated novels last week.

Fox_paw_tribal
joined Feb 25, 2013

I'm going to...
Hold your hand.

Bordering on intense there- be still, my heart!

But because this is a Marimite comic and the mangaka seemed to stay true to their personalities, I didn't really expect much. I'm content with hand holding. Hell, anything with this pairing really. I see a lot more SeixShimako, which I'm not really a fan of; more a ShimakoxNoriko shipper. ^^

last edited at Mar 19, 2014 7:45AM

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

I havent been into Marimite in years, way to pure for me, but Shimako x Noriko was always a nice pairing. It would have been more fun to read if the author wasnt into the whole "were both women so we cant ever be together for real" BS that infected early yuri works.

Still, this was a cute story. :)

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Booklet1-high-pink-experiment
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

A blast from the past indeed. Personally, I always shipped Sei/Shimako back in the day, but if I'm honest, Shimako/Noriko does work better. Sei and Shimako have an intense and intimate bond, but in retrospect, I don't think either of them would've seen it in a romantic light, for differing reasons. (Besides, this plays into my other old pet pairing, Yumi/Sei, ahahaha!)

In any case, the lack of physicality is common for MariMite fanworks... offhand, I can't even think of one I've read that has involved kissing, let alone more than that. I know they exist, but I can't remember any. Perhaps my memory needs refreshing...

Thanks for your efforts as always, Yuri Project.

last edited at Mar 19, 2014 1:12PM

062589fd3c9f5577a916b303e3c6c27f
joined Nov 16, 2013

Page 2 - "boob summer". Cannot unsee.

joined Mar 30, 2012

Ahaha, yes, hand holding at its peak!

To reply you must either login or sign up.