Forum › Yearning, Love discussion

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

WHAAAAAAAAAAA this is soooo weeeeeird. :O

joined Jul 27, 2013

Not really sure if the cheating tag is necessary.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Finally a Bleu book makes it over. Very odd to me that this would be chosen over the multiple fluffy KyoSaya's they've done, but I do get why it was chosen instead.
Also; funniest afterword I've read so far this year, with some great art [on that particular page] to boot.

Music-note
joined Feb 28, 2014

Yet, more terrible content from Yuri-ism. The standards really are dropping lately. Let's hope they wise up and go back to do good doujin.

joined Feb 28, 2014

I usually try to avoid cursing... but holy fuck this was awful. And it is border line offensive that yuri ism would do this.

37dd6a44617256a82f4674880d23097b
joined Feb 15, 2014

Not really sure if the cheating tag is necessary.

I'd agree cheating is not what is going on here. Though I do think it really does need a Love Triangle tag and a NTR-eque or NTR-like tag.

That being said. This was bad past any point of reason. Everyone is out of character, the theme is spiteful, and it is pretty much just one gigantic excuse for Homura to go around acting like a "devil". If you took the faces off the characters I doubt people would know who they were. I would be intersted in reading the other work from this artist to know if his KyoSaya is equally out of character and poorly written. Though, I'd also rather Yuri-ism not waste their time doing it, because it is more than likely bad.

Sdfsd
joined May 21, 2013

Wow, the art style looks eerily close to Wannyanpuu's and I'm completely loving it.

Untitled-1
joined Feb 26, 2014

If anyone actually enjoys this story they have to have the worst taste ever. NTR is one of the lowest tier fetishes ever, on top of this being crack. Which is more often than not bad by default.

joined Apr 14, 2013

Its different so XD I still enjoyed

Shitsurakuen%202
joined May 15, 2011

Yet, more terrible content from Yuri-ism. The standards really are dropping lately. Let's hope they wise up and go back to do good doujin.

Yuri-ism actually took a poll on whether or not they should continue doing crack ships (or something like that), and I believe quite a bit didn't mind it, or totally wanted it. That is why you've been seeing crack from Yuri-ism lately. So, I don't believe it's their standards, but rather the voters' standards.

Anyway, aside from that, I think the art was good, but everything else was just blah. I don't know why I read things that are so obviously painful for my poor shipper heart, considering the tags anyway :/

Untitled-1
joined Feb 26, 2014

Yuri-ism actually took a poll on whether or not they should continue doing crack ships

That poll was up for about four hours, and was proxy voted.
EDIT: And the in survey they did only about 5-6 people wanted crack parings possibly proxy'd those as well and there was an overwhelming request for more Kyosaya.

last edited at Mar 9, 2014 2:52PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I'd just like to chip my two cents in.

Whatever it takes to make yourself feel superior to others, I suppose.

Shitsurakuen%202
joined May 15, 2011

Yuri-ism actually took a poll on whether or not they should continue doing crack ships

That poll was up for about four hours, and was proxy voted.
EDIT: And the in survey they did only about 5-6 people wanted crack parings possibly proxy'd those as well and there was an overwhelming request for more Kyosaya.

I think saw the poll in its early stages or something, since when I voted, the majority was for crack ships, or was neutral on the subject? I'm guessing that made a quick turn around? I'm sorry if I said anything invalid.

Untitled-1
joined Feb 26, 2014

I think saw the poll in its early stages or something, since when I voted, the majority was for crack ships, or was neutral on the subject? I'm guessing that made a quick turn around? I'm sorry if I said anything invalid.

You can just go look at the blog, I'm sure the survey results are still around.

last edited at Mar 9, 2014 6:30PM

Sdfsd
joined May 21, 2013

If anyone actually enjoys this story they have to have the worst taste ever. NTR is one of the lowest tier fetishes ever, on top of this being crack. Which is more often than not bad by default.

"If ______ actually likes __________ they're _________ to me."

Okay. I can see where your subjective opinion is coming from, but I don't understand why you would actually look down on someone who enjoys something you don't. Even if the story isn't what I'd like it to be, as a fellow artist I can appreciate the fact that someone actually put time and effort into drafting this, inking it, adding detail, and even using tones (which is, as most mangaka say, "annoying to do") properly. The art is high quality, and I can tell a lot of thought was put into maintaining the structure of the entire 34 pages, front to back. It's not just a point-A-to-point-B kind of plot.

If I were to have a chance to personally buy this doujin from the artist's table, I don't think I'd stand there and tell them off for drawing something this dark, for drawing up a plot I hated, or for just drawing Sayaka/Homura. On the creator's end, I also wouldn't particularly like being told my work is "terrible" just because I put a lot of time and effort into drawing something I wanted to draw (or translate, clean and edit, in Yuri-ism's case).

Multishpping exists, and this artist definitely ships in zigzags. We all can't have that dedication to one true couple, after all--not when there are so many more scenarios and possibilities between character A and character D!

Addressing the "out of character" remark, I'd say this was fine in itself. This Kyouko is a lot more considerate to others' thoughts and feelings, and thus would not interfere with Sayaka and Homura until Sayaka says something to indicate that she should act. Devil Homura is unnaturally deceitful and my opinion actually revolved around how she was being OOC in Rebellion itself. I thought it was odd how she did a complete 120 degree turn from her original personality, but I'm probably going off topic now---I'll stop here.

joined Nov 11, 2010

Holy god, people here cling so desperately to "subjectivity" as if it's some kind of safety net that prevents anything from being bad. Yes, not everything ever written is good. Much like this.

The reason people here appreciate 'subjectivity' is because it is the basis of civil discourse, and arguments in good faith. You don't start a legitimate discussion trying to communicate with anybody assuming that you (and only you) are correct. Given that this is a discussion board, the point is indeed civil exchanges of information. Trying to force black and white absolute statements only fosters a pointless and retarded atmosphere of divisiveness.

You seem to think effort alone warrants praise; let me drop some truth on you. It doesn't. No matter how much work you put into something unless other consider it good, it's worthless. How people view you is what matters. Just because mommy says you're special doesn't mean you are. In the real world work must yield positive results, not just results.

You're trying to sound pretty edgy here but the thing is that "how people view you" is an aggregate, not one single person's opinion. Regardless of how worthless you think a piece of work happens to be your opinion alone will never be definitive (and mind you, neither is it a matter of 'majority rules' democracy).

Those scenarios don't actually exist outside of headcanon. They're called crack ships for a reason, because there is nothing to support them. Which is why they are empty and shallow.

Actual physical yuri doesn't exist outside of headcanon (in Madoka's case, anyway). "Headcanon" is the point of doujins. There are certain people who take the attitude of "I never read doujins; only original works", but this not being you, can't you see that your point is pure hypocrisy?

And what'd you say would also be wrong, like everything else you've said. Especially because you started with this Kyouko, what ever this Kyouko does is irrelevant to whether she's out of character or not. The real Kyouko stands up for what she wants, and fights for it. Homura on the other is out character simply by not being obsessed with Madoka, but that's not the only thing that's wrong. Here's she's just being evil for the sake of it with no real reason, when in the series/movies it has a purpose.

In the doujin Homura's motivation was described as despair over ever achieving her happiness with Madoka, and indulging with Sayaka for the sake of physical comfort. Although problematic for the sake of the happy ending most Madoka fans are wishing for, given the vagueness of Homura's state of mind after becoming Akuma Homura this is not in fact an impossible scenario. When it comes down to it, the characterization in this doujin is fully within the standard of variation people usually allow for doujinshi. Hate the doujin all you like, but your calls of OOC really have nothing to do with it.

Sdfsd
joined May 21, 2013

It seems you're misunderstanding everything I'm saying. Try again later.

Most tablets have the same interface as smart phones, again. stop being ghetto.

Sdfsd
joined May 21, 2013

Either you didn't completely read my reply and just went ahead and said something, or...? I specifically said I'd clean up around here because having a pointless argument here would accomplish little to nothing except fuel bitter feelings on both sides.

because you realized you were wrong.

Or I realized there is no actual way of saying something to you without it being misunderstood.

Sdfsd
joined May 21, 2013

And they were stupid.

Capture_001_18092013_1154032
joined Mar 2, 2012

I do completely understand all the rage here seeing who's raging, but lets ignore that.

I did find this one quite enjoyable, it has the right amount of characters acting like absolute idiots combined with shitty (not bad shitty) feels to feel quite "Madokaish".

joined Mar 3, 2014

Why are my posts getting deleted?
This is by far yuri-ism worst release, at least they realised three really good doujin after it.

I did find this one quite enjoyable, it has the right amount of characters acting like absolute idiots combined with shitty (not bad shitty) feels to feel quite "Madokaish".

I'm going to have to disagree. They act nothing like their Moaoka characters counter parts. "acting like absolute idiots" is not indicative of Madoka, it's just bad writting.

last edited at Mar 10, 2014 9:56PM

Images
joined Apr 4, 2012

i don't mind crack pairings. everyone has their favorite pairs and not one yuri-fag has the right to say who should be with who. what i do mind is NTR like settings in these crack pairings. NTR destroys the very essence of yuri that yurism usually puts out. their motto is "the purest form of love." NTR sure isn't pure. if they want to do crack they should at least do vanilla.

%e5%b0%8f%e8%88%94
joined May 22, 2013

i don't mind crack pairings. everyone has their favorite pairs and not one yuri-fag has the right to say who should be with who. what i do mind is NTR like settings in these crack pairings. NTR destroys the very essence of yuri that yurism usually puts out. their motto is "the purest form of love." NTR sure isn't pure. if they want to do crack they should at least do vanilla.

Remember: Where there is a character CV'ed by Kitamula Eli, there are NTRs.

Neu
joined Jan 12, 2014

Is there a reason why this doesn't have a spoiler tag? After all it's after rebellion

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

I don't think this dj is NTR through.

I guess the dj coming off from the few theme that was core of the movie. Homura 's fear of being forgotten (or the world she know being forgotten), and her resolve to stay away to protect Madoka. Then the fact that the only one who she toyed with in her world is Sayaka (make sense in the movie set-up, as Sayaka's role of being justice enforcer, and only she can work as underdog opponent against Homura). I means if you replace that screen with Mami or Nagisa/Bebe, it will not work as well. Furthermore we have the hidden feeling Sayaka having toward Kyouko, despite on open they were just friends.

In short:
Homura's fear of being forgotten + clear Madoka's memory to protect her + only Sayaka's memory was kept + Homura toying and blackmailing Sayaka on "that girl" + Sayaka's denial of her true love = (fanfict) Homura x Sayaka unhealthy pairing

In this sense, sweet vanilla with Homura x Sayaka is actually out of character as they have less basis to exist. In fact when you start to dissect it in like that, there is no way that a canon Homura x Sayaka will ever exist in any form, as the root of their shipping was only there in the first place for plot-driven. Unless it gains popularity and they will just throw it in to evoke fan rage

last edited at Jun 22, 2014 10:48PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.