Forum › Mugen no Minamo ni discussion

Hinageshi_icon
joined Jul 20, 2013

I just realized that there's something a bit off about offering your body to an almost-ten-year-old in order to cheer her up...

Lmao, I thought the same thing. In my head, I'm just like "SHE'S NINE, SHE'S NINE, SHE'S NINE!" Pursuing any kind of sexual intimacy with someone that age is molestation imo. I don't care if her body's more physically mature. In fact, both characters look dangerously underage (though I know Nashi's immortal). It's pretty creepy, but the story's interesting enough to let me overlook those factors.

side note: The Time Merchant looks SO much like Lulu de Morcerf from Shugo Chara. It's uncanny!

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

i get the feeling that there's truth to that dream of childhood key has. could be something happened after she died that made her immortal. and who wants to bet the other girl was the time merchant with the way she reacted?

last edited at Mar 8, 2014 5:07PM

Photo1
joined Feb 11, 2013

i get the feeling that there's truth to that dream of childhood key has. could be something happened after she died that made her immortal. and who wants to bet the other girl was the time merchant with the way she reacted?

"WARNING. CONSPIRACY THEORY AHEAD."

Also willing to bet that the reason why Key is alive and immortal, Minamo is aging faster and the Time Merchant is the Time Merchant is because the time merchant (possibly the kid in Key's childhood dream) is taking Minamo's life span and is transferring it to Key's because the Time Merchant didn't want Key to die. The life span transferal required the Time Merchant to take on the job as a time merchant, a sacrifice (Minamo) and memory wipes. The life span transfer also requires Key and Minamo to be near each other which explains why they're together with no back story or maybe a false back story. Key falls for the quickly aging Minamo. Key and Time Merchant doesn't want Minamo to die because: 1) (For the Time Merchant ) If Minamo dies, Key also dies. 2) (For Key) She loves Minamo 3) (For Key) Subconsciously know she's going to die if Minamo dies [Not talking "heartbreak"]. Therefore, the Time merchant offers Key the Contract Killer job so she can transfer the life span of the people she kills to Minamo, extending Minamo's life and also her's. Key accepts this. Thus, completing a full circle of self-sacrifice for love and/or extreme codependency.

There is a high probability I've blown your mind. I'm sorry and you're welcome.

last edited at Mar 8, 2014 9:09PM

Bushouhuanying
joined Jul 7, 2013

oh shit!!! she knows shes a hiring killer now shit

joined Mar 30, 2012

Wham! D:

Yurinsijdisjdijs
joined Oct 15, 2011

This chapter was so good but she had to find her at the end T.T

594207_original
joined Oct 12, 2014

I had a feeling, that story will tell us this explanation of situation. I mean that father, killing, meeting stuff.

joined Feb 11, 2014

I just realized that there's something a bit off about offering your body to an almost-ten-year-old in order to cheer her up...

Well, assuming Minami's condition means she is mentally stuck at the age of nine while her body biologically ages faster then a normal human but chronologically[1] she is older then she is mentally and younger then she is biologically[2]... there is absolutely no way for Minami to have a romantic and/or sexual relationship that would not appear kind of fucked up to our modern sensibilities.

Is there any kind of legal precedent for such a hypothetical situation that could be used?

[1] By chronological age I mean the amount of time that has passed since her birth by an objective observer. So for example, despite having the mentality of a 9 year old and the body of a 16 year old she is chronologically 14.[2]

[2] This assumes that Key and the Time Master's supernatural shenanigans in extending Minami's biological life has not resulted in her chronological age overtaking her biological age. IE: Minami is chronologically 26, biologically 16, and mentally stuck at 9. Still means there is no way for her to have a romantic/sexual relationship that would not appear kind of fucked up to modern sensibilities.

last edited at Oct 18, 2014 8:02PM

Mulan1
joined May 18, 2013

This so so sad. Both of their lives are horrible. I hope to see more. At this point, I don't even know if a happy ending will be possible.

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

I really want a happy end out of this manga.

I. Franceska S.
joined Sep 15, 2014

I've been waiting so long for this chapter, now I have to wait for the next one! Will Key erase Minamo's memory again? Will she try to explain to Minamo? Will Time Merchant ever get laid? I want answers! And I..... will patiently wait for them.

2015-01-21%2018.42.01
joined May 17, 2014

^I'm working on it, it's pretty long but it should be out by this weekend.

Lmao, I thought the same thing. In my head, I'm just like "SHE'S NINE, SHE'S NINE, SHE'S NINE!" Pursuing any kind of sexual intimacy with someone that age is molestation imo. I don't care if her body's more physically mature. In fact, both characters look dangerously underage (though I know Nashi's immortal). It's pretty creepy, but the story's interesting enough to let me overlook those factors.

Rigggghhhhht! I felt soooooo weird about thay, I thought u was the only one. I think it makes it wierder that she's immortal in a relationship with a 9 year old. Even if she looks underage not ok!!!

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

I've been waiting so long for this chapter, now I have to wait for the next one! Will Key erase Minamo's memory again? Will she try to explain to Minamo? Will Time Merchant ever get laid? I want answers! And I..... will patiently wait for them.

This. XD Perfect summary. I hope Time Merchant gets laid. That date thing was...sad and I felt sorry for her, but cute.

joined Jul 8, 2013

I knew I would hate the ending of this series when I started it. I fucking knew I would. I even told myself, "You should drop this right now or you'll hate yourself forever. JUST DROP IT! HURRY UP BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!" So why the fuck did I keep reading? That's a great question that I do not know the answer to. GUESS I'M JUST A MASOCHISTIC IDIOT!

Ghostface-scream-decal__33749.1511159183
joined Feb 1, 2013

The ending was nice, I won't lie there :P but, just the fact that the time merchant.... And Minamo.... Ugh!?!?!? Why do I feel so conflicted?! I felt so bad for Nino ;_;

(1)images
joined May 17, 2014

Nino T.T

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

all i could think about was "wtf" reading the end.

Lady_grey_spaz
joined Aug 20, 2014

all i could think about was "wtf" reading the end.

Glad I'm not the only one XD

Chibi_blademan
joined Jul 23, 2013

That ending was a little confusing and also REALLY REALLY sad TnT

joined Nov 11, 2010

So sad... Even though half of the ending soared right over my head, I still feel sad.
And making Nino/Time Merchant a relate-able character right at the end is just cheating! Now I'm extra sad...

Ioruu%20dr
joined Jul 13, 2014

The ending is kinda rushed and confusing. Seriously, they just put a bunch of things inside one chapter, including that time merchant detail and what not.
Still had a great time reading it though. Still one of my favorites. The concept is top-notch.

Anime-anime-boy-black-and-white-boy-favim.com-1570867
joined May 7, 2014

I think that ending is a happy ending for a horror story. I thought Minamo was disapear forever and Key will hold that such painful, sad-hapiiness forever...(I cried so so much at that part..) But at the end, they can be together..Very very thankful to Nino..even I don'tunderstand much it's still much better than what i had thought about the ending...

It've been a long time since i read such meanful Yuri story...Ah..Another precious lesson about love and much more...

joined Aug 1, 2013

Well.. happy ending?

Screenshot_20220712-194055_tachiyomi%20(1)
joined Jun 22, 2013

I-I-I just cried buckets at the end.

But it was a pretty good read tho.

joined Jan 8, 2014

Um that last chapter had me somewhat lost....I hope it wasnt just me...but yeah like they rushed the whole ending so im reading it going..." huh? Huh?....uhhh? k???"

To reply you must either login or sign up.