Forum › Bloom Into You discussion

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I stubbornly maintain that the latest part has Sayaka getting genuinely closer to Touko, and not just being paired with her as the two school aces. I also think part of Yuu's reticence all along was not wanting to hurt Sayaka, who's a fine person. I do agree that Touko's affection for Yuu doesn't seem to be diminishing, even though Yuu is starting to return her feelings. That was the big test or crisis, and Yuu seems to have passed it. But Touko can tell her real feelings to Sayaka, too, and that makes two people total she can do that with.

joined Feb 18, 2015

Hanging out together =/= dating :/

If it's just normal hanging out, they've done that in ch 18. If you're asking why Yuu had never been the one to ask first, that's cuz she was insistent that their relationship was nothing more than senpai-kouhai, not close friends, not lovers, so there was no reason to hang out. Also, it ties into her chara trait in how she tends to just go along w/ others' plan, rather than doing anything out of her own volition.

But Yuu HAS been the one to initiate them hanging out before! Several times. Technically when they were studying together it was Touko who asked Yuu if she was also going to the library, but when the library was full, it was Yuu who asked her if she wanted to study at her house instead of at the library (Chapter 8). There is no indication of who suggested the doughnut shop in chapter 18, but it was probably because of the lack of space in the library again. But the most significant two times were:

1: Chapter 10 when Yuu asked Touko to walk home with her and confronted her about her desire to become a copy of her sister.

2: Chapter 22 when Yuu, once again, asked Touko to walk home with her, then, when Touko was going to part ways, invited her to hang out at her house for a little while because, "If we say goodbye now, it'll probably be a few days until we see each other again. I don't want that."

This one, most likely, will end up being the most important one, since it seems to be leading to what will be considered a date.

last edited at Jun 30, 2017 12:24PM

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

DRAW FASTER, WRITE FASTER, DRAW FASTER, WRITE FASTER, DRAW FASTER, WRITE FASTER! Think it will keep getting scanlated? It has been licensed :-/. When is the next chapter?

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

But Yuu HAS been the one to initiate them hanging out before! Several times. Technically when they were studying together it was Touko who asked Yuu if she was also going to the library, but when the library was full, it was Yuu who asked her if she wanted to study at her house instead of at the library (Chapter 8). There is no indication of who suggested the doughnut shop in chapter 18, but it was probably because of the lack of space in the library again. But the most significant two times were:

1: Chapter 10 when Yuu asked Touko to walk home with her and confronted her about her desire to become a copy of her sister.

2: Chapter 22 when Yuu, once again, asked Touko to walk home with her, then, when Touko was going to part ways, invited her to hang out at her house for a little while because, "If we say goodbye now, it'll probably be a few days until we see each other again. I don't want that."

This one, most likely, will end up being the most important one, since it seems to be leading to what will be considered a date.

I didn't consider those times mostly because they were not exactly them hanging out since they were either school work-related or just Yuu trying to confront Touko about her problems. Although you can say the same about ch 18 since Yuu also agreed to meet because of school work. But I guess ch 8 & 22 where she invited her home are probably the closest to Yuu initiate asking Touko to hang out till now. This chap tho is the first time she ever asked her to hang out just cuz she wanted to see her & not b/c she wanted to confront her or b/c of study session.

Together_forever
joined Jul 6, 2013

Chapter 23: No items. Fox only.

1383023_409776295790444_214555291_n
joined Jul 17, 2016

Well all those times were because of studying or confrontation. I think 22 would be the first time Yuu took the iniciative and asked her to spend time with her. Sure she did it because she was worried about Touko and wanted to comfort her, but it was also motivated by her jealousy towards Sayaka and also for what you mentioned that is wanting to spend some time alone with her due to Sayaka being next to them all the time during the camp. But I agree, this chapter is more serious because it's a formal date.

last edited at Jun 30, 2017 2:59PM

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

I've reread the whole thing again and took it in a lot better than I did when I first started, and damn this is a good story. The pacing is done really, really well and it feels realistic in how Yuu slowly begins to develop feelings for Touko instead of a sudden bam realisation like she was expecting to have when she fell in love.

I mean, even the whole denial into it was well done, I have been down that road a fair few times. "I would know if I was in love with her, because I want to be in love, so this doesnt mean anything" - totally been there.

What makes it a good story is that it isnt just a story about the two of them as a couple. Its a story about Yuu realising what love means to her, and how its OK for her to accept love even if she expresses it differently compared to her friends and its also a story of how messed up Touko is from her sister's death. Sayaka is clearly trying to help her but from the way she idolises her a bit (understandable because of her huge friggin crush), she can't do that as well as thinks she can, because what Touko thinks is best isnt automatically the best thing for her. And for that to be addressed - like the whole "cool senpai actually is really fragile/struggling" is really interesting, especially when you realise that its her kouhai who actually knows whats best for her and doesnt put her up on a pedestal

Then this whole messed up thing of "dont love me because I hate myself" jeeeesus its a huge cry for help. Heck, even her parents are like "don't feel like you have to do this because of mio" < its really only Touko that has pushed herself into this new persona

Plus the supporting characters are really cool, I like that Yuu gets on well with her friends and it's a nice bit of story telling to add little snippets in about their lives: such as one of her old friends went to a different school but didnt want to drag Yuu along with her, her sister is going out with a guy she knew from middle school who gets along great with her and her family. Plus the teacher and the manager of the cafe going out?? HELLA CUTE

anyway wow this was a long ramble, but I really think this story is interesting. I still consider Yuu to be ace (like when Sayaka notices that Touko's boobs are bigger but Yuu doesnt notice this and is just like oh you look different in the new uniform CLASSIC ACE) but I think even if that is more of a headcanon for me than an intentional thing, this story is still up there as being amazing.

PLUS YUU AND TOUKO ARE SUPER CUTIES. Whenever either of them blush I die a little bit

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

I think the plot in this is a very good kind of yuri :) Yuu really does love Touko for who she is and so does Sayaka. The only person not getting that she's okay as she is is Touko. Yuu is just very unromantic - she doesn't want romantic BS to get in the way of giving Touko what she truly needs.

I think it has been argued before that Sayaka does not actually love Touko or certainly least not the real Touko who she doesn't really even know. Certainly not in any of the ways or to the level Yuu knows her and loves her.

I think this is an unfair view on Sayaka, while I don't agree with how she idolises Touko, I think she does know the real Touko but thinks that Touko doesn't want to be the real touko and wants to be this capable and cool senpai character, like how she views her sister. She supports Touko in this, because that is what she thinks Touko wants, therefore it must be the best thing for Touko. (Even though, after recent chapters we can see this clearly not the case)

The real difference is that Yuu doesn't want Touko to be like this because she has seen the struggles Touko has because of this, and doesnt like to see her suffering. Touko has stated that she can't show this side of herself to Sayaka, so I don't think its fair to say Sayaka doesn't love her like Yuu does when she doesnt have a chance to! Yuu has seen way more of Touko's difficulties than Sayaka, so its no surprise that Sayaka thinks Touko is fine.

Both Yuu and Sayaka have different views on whats best for Touko because of their different perspectives that they have, but I think they still love her in their own way. I feel kind of bad for Sayaka though, I mean lets face it, she really doesnt stand a chance with Touko haha

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

Chapter 23: No items. Fox only.

GA(Y)ME!

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Easily one of the best stories on here. It just keeps on getting better and better.

Jhkjhk
joined Jan 7, 2014

If possible, please do support the series in any way you can afford to. I don't want to die without an adaptation of this. ;_;

joined Feb 18, 2015

I didn't consider those times mostly because they were not exactly them hanging out since they were either school work-related or just Yuu trying to confront Touko about her problems. Although you can say the same about ch 18 since Yuu also agreed to meet because of school work. But I guess ch 8 & 22 where she invited her home are probably the closest to Yuu initiate asking Touko to hang out till now. This chap tho is the first time she ever asked her to hang out just cuz she wanted to see her & not b/c she wanted to confront her or b/c of study session.

But she also needs to tell her about the new ending to the play, so... she does kind of have an ulterior motive this time. (unless she doesn't talk about the play at all...)

1383023_409776295790444_214555291_n
joined Jul 17, 2016

But she also needs to tell her about the new ending to the play, so... she does kind of have an ulterior motive this time. (unless she doesn't talk about the play at all...)

I don't think she has the intention of letting Touko knows she wants to change the ending. After the new script is finished I think Yuu will make Koyomi say she rewrote it on her own, otherwise Touko may suspect Yuu has fallen for her. But I could be wrong.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Like Scarlet said, I don't think she is intending to reveal her plan to change the script to Touko... at least not now since the new script isn't finished yet and I think she wouldn't want to risk having Touko rejecting the plan so early on either. But I guess we have to wait till next chapter to find out. If she is planning on telling Touko, she might have to be very vague & cover up the real intention behind it so that Touko wouldn't get suspicious.

928a3ea0c80b418b419dea057169d49f476d4ea2_hq
joined Jul 1, 2017

They're going on a date
AAAAAAAAAAA

Ava3
joined Jun 4, 2016

Should they have a threesome with Sayaka?

Utena-240x146
joined Sep 13, 2015

^^^

Touko, Yuu and Sayaka have a threesome with Maki watching them. I would cringe so hard. That would be a nightmare scenario.

joined Dec 29, 2013

I think I know how the author will end this story. I guess, it'll like the end of "Mr.Nobody" film. Touko will have to choose her own way to live, eventually. It's obvious

91174211_215395393136656_8792315491096985600_n
joined Dec 5, 2016

I've known this for a while but this is a masterpiece.

joined Mar 11, 2016

I wanna know how the teacher and cafe manager hooked up.

Yumi%20sachiko%20kiss%201
joined Apr 6, 2017

Like Scarlet said, I don't think she is intending to reveal her plan to change the script to Touko... at least not now since the new script isn't finished yet and I think she wouldn't want to risk having Touko rejecting the plan so early on either. But I guess we have to wait till next chapter to find out. If she is planning on telling Touko, she might have to be very vague & cover up the real intention behind it so that Touko wouldn't get suspicious.

I just had a thought. We keep talking about Touko's reaction but what about Sayaka's? She is pretty sharp and depending on how things are changed this could expose that there is more to Yuu and Touko's relationship than they have been letting known to her. Sooner or later she will have to find out as to address her own feeling and the ramifications of losing her crush to another girl. Unless the author somehow makes Sayaka win or noone wins ending.

Jhkjhk
joined Jan 7, 2014

Unless the author somehow makes Sayaka win

AHAHAHAHAH
Oh wait you were serious

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

I just had a thought. We keep talking about Touko's reaction but what about Sayaka's? She is pretty sharp and depending on how things are changed this could expose that there is more to Yuu and Touko's relationship than they have been letting known to her. Sooner or later she will have to find out as to address her own feeling and the ramifications of losing her crush to another girl.

Sayaka is pretty suspicious about them for a long time, but she's been unwilling to admit that there's anything more. So if she finds out, it'll probably a mixture of disbelief & frustration (possibly w/ Yuu & herself). I don't think she's fallen for Touko to the point where she'll be emotionally scarred & can't recover from losing her or to the point of going yandere apeshit over it, but she's definitely not one to give up in silent either. I think she will confront both of them (maybe not both at the same time) to try to get the story behind their relationship & the reason behind the changed script. Personally, I hope she'll come to point where she can see how bad Touko's situation is and then help Yuu in her plan to help Touko. Whether there'll be an actual catfight between Yuu & Sayaka or not, or whether Sayaka will confess to Touko or not, I can't really say.

Unless the author somehow makes Sayaka win or noone wins ending.

I can't decide which is worse.

Yumi%20sachiko%20kiss%201
joined Apr 6, 2017

I just had a thought. We keep talking about Touko's reaction but what about Sayaka's? She is pretty sharp and depending on how things are changed this could expose that there is more to Yuu and Touko's relationship than they have been letting known to her. Sooner or later she will have to find out as to address her own feeling and the ramifications of losing her crush to another girl.

Sayaka is pretty suspicious about them for a long time, but she's been unwilling to admit that there's anything more. So if she finds out, it'll probably a mixture of disbelief & frustration (possibly w/ Yuu & herself). I don't think she's fallen for Touko to the point where she'll be emotionally scarred & can't recover from losing her or to the point of going yandere apeshit over it, but she's definitely not one to give up in silent either. I think she will confront both of them (maybe not both at the same time) to try to get the story behind their relationship & the reason behind the changed script. Personally, I hope she'll come to point where she can see how bad Touko's situation is and then help Yuu in her plan to help Touko. Whether there'll be an actual catfight between Yuu & Sayaka or not, or whether Sayaka will confess to Touko or not, I can't really say.

Thing is Sayaka might end up feeling really betrayed and lied to by Touko when she finds out. Touko gave Yuu the position of running mate because of her feeling what Sayaka was sure she would be doing. She got upset when this happened and when questioned Touko she made up a excuse that even then Sayaka didn't really believe. Even Yuu got worried about the reaction people would have that touko picked her if they found out about her and Touko when Maki confronted her about seeing them. Then other times Touko has lied to Sayaka when she tried questioning Touko about her relationship with Yuu and when she started addressing Yuu by first name. Not to mention the whole Toko wasn't interested in dating anyone she was putting out at the beginning.

It is rather hard to guess how characters will react in this as the story and characters don't really behave in the way people have generally come to expect from a manga.

I think any ending that Yuu gets hurt is the worst ending...

last edited at Jul 2, 2017 10:37PM

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Thing is Sayaka might end up feeling really betrayed and lied to by Touko when she finds out

Yeah, I can see that. Although I think Sayaka kinda knows Touko does hide personal stuffs from her since she kinda gets that Touko has issues, so even if she does feel betrayed, she most likely won't come to resent Touko for it. I'm making these guesses based on the assumption that everyone in this manga (but Touko) is quite rational & on the fact that Nakatani doesn't rlly do messy melodrama. But like you said, it can be hard to guess the exact reaction especially when Sayaka does let her jealousy shows through a lot of the time (so she might not react as rationally as I imagine).

I think any ending that Yuu gets hurt is the worst ending...

Amen. You are speaking my language.

To reply you must either login or sign up.