Imgonline-com-ua-compresstosize-t7xta6axzfsg
joined Jul 20, 2014

lmao, it's a lame citrus bootleg filled with nothing but panty shots

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

taiyou_scandalous posted:

Er, how is it a bootleg of Citrus of all things? Citrus is kinda a psuedo-incest story. This is a childhood friends story.

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

I thought it was quite nice, just far too short to be able to do anything. I think if the Mangaka had had more pages or chapters to work with then it could have developed into a full blown yuri.

last edited at Jun 29, 2017 7:20AM

Afueee
joined Apr 5, 2013

Not bad. But needs more gay. Like a lot more of gay.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

I read this and now all I can think of are butts. Strange.

Arg
joined Jan 17, 2014

male gaze fanservice is like one of the most stupid terms that I had the misfortune of reading.

joined Jan 17, 2017

That was pretty inundated with a sense of secondhand embarrassment lol

I hope the mangaka keeps working at it, though! They can always improve with time and further releases.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Er, how is it a bootleg of Citrus of all things? Citrus is kinda a psuedo-incest story. This is a childhood friends story.

The whole gyaru x honor student thing.

The%20witch's%20house
joined Apr 9, 2015

The whole gyaru x honor student thing.

not like that hasnt been used in hundreds of other yuri manga/doujins

joined Feb 18, 2015

Maybe they just have more time than talent? ( ̄∀ ̄)

Don't we all.

Except for the ones who are the other way around and we wish would produce more work.

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

What the hell is up with people saying that this appeals to the male gaze? I skimmed through this doujin again and couldn't really see anything worthy of calling this a "male fan-service". This is like...One of the most tame doujins I've read. It's cute for what it is and doesn't really have anything to sexual, Calm down.

RumpledForeSkiin
Img_8611
joined Sep 8, 2016

What the hell is up with people saying that this appeals to the male gaze? I skimmed through this doujin again and couldn't really see anything worthy of calling this a "male fan-service". This is like...One of the most tame doujins I've read. It's cute for what it is and doesn't really have anything to sexual, Calm down.

1. Skirts are shorter belts.
  2. Second page legitimately starts out with a panty shot.
  3. The manga puts the girls night clothes over the top sexy with a bunny tail or a maid outfit, which makes the author seem sort of out of touch with women in general.

Overall, these are things most commonly found in seinen or shonen manga, which are all intended for male readers, in other words, male-targetted. I hope this doesn't come off as an attack, I wouldn't mind having a conversation around this.

last edited at Jun 29, 2017 1:30PM

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I like it okay but it's obviously a "chapter 1" or teaser.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

The worst part is, the spelling in the title is atrocious!

Wait, it's not supposed to be "CREEP"?

joined Jun 11, 2016

Skirts are shorter belts.

I never really found the skirts to be that short, yeah they were a little revealing but not to the point where it bothered me.

Second page legitimately starts out with a panty shot.

I'll give you that, the panty shot's were definitely unnecessary here but I'll definitely take this over the garbage harem anime Panty shot's any day. Imo panty shots are bad when it get's to the point where it's shown constantly.

EDIT: Also don't get the wrong Idea, I am not saying that I like panty shot's, they one of the most pointless things to ever come out of an anime. But for some unknown reason Japan has some weird fetish for panty shot's and sadly they probably won't ever stop showing us that crap. So I think the least they could do is tone it down.

The manga puts the girls night clothes over the top sexy with a bunny tail or a maid outfit, which makes the author seem sort of out of touch with women in general.

I didn't notice that they were wearing bunny & maid outfits as nightwear. I think you kind of took it out of context where that was meant to be cute instead of sexual.

Overall, these are things most commonly found in seinen or shonen manga, which are all intended for male readers, in other words, male-targetted.

Whenever I think of Seinen or Shonen manga, I always think of action manga like Berserk, Dragonball, One Punch Man, etc. Yes it's true that trashy fanservicy harem manga/anime can also be classified as Seinen of Shonen, but at the end of the day, when you look up Seinen/Shonen manga the things that come up are basically all of the mainstream action manga full of drama and violence.

last edited at Jun 29, 2017 3:39PM

Img_8611
joined Sep 8, 2016

I never really found the skirts to be that short, yeah they were a little revealing but not to the point where it bothered me.

Second page legitimately starts out with a panty shot.

I'll give you that, the panty shot's were definitely unnecessary here but I'll definitely take this over the garbage harem anime Panty shot's any day. Imo panty shots are bad when it get's to the point where it's shown constantly.

EDIT: Also don't get the wrong Idea, I am not saying that I like panty shot's, they one of the most pointless things to ever come out of an anime. But for some unknown reason Japan has some weird fetish for panty shot's and sadly they probably won't ever stop showing us that crap. So I think the least they could do is tone it down.

The manga puts the girls night clothes over the top sexy with a bunny tail or a maid outfit, which makes the author seem sort of out of touch with women in general.

I didn't notice that they were wearing bunny & maid outfits as nightwear. I think you kind of took it out of context where that was meant to be cute instead of sexual.

Overall, these are things most commonly found in seinen or shonen manga, which are all intended for male readers, in other words, male-targetted.

Whenever I think of Seinen or Shonen manga, I always think of action manga like Berserk, Dragonball, One Punch Man, etc. Yes it's true that trashy fanservicy harem manga/anime can also be classified as Seinen of Shonen, but at the end of the day, when you look up Seinen/Shonen manga the things that come up are basically all of the mainstream action manga full of drama and violence.

1. If you look up the name of skirt lengths, the shortest length that comes up is a micro mini skirt, which stops about an inch or two below the crotch. These skirts are shorter than that. That's pretty damn short.
  2. You say that the panty shots don't bother you, but that doesn't take away from the fact that they perfectly fit the description of male targeted fanservice.
  3. Even if you personally don't notice then, they are there. And the context is clearly sexual, there was a fixation on wiping cream off a girls a breasts and thighs. And not in an innocent way, as she was getting flustered over it. And on page 15, the girls ass is hanging out of her shorts.

I did look it up, and at the end of the day, I have this retort. Even if you don't think of anime like "To Love-Ru" or "Okusama ga Seitokaichou!" or "Shokugeki no Soma" or "Yamada-kun and the 7 Witches" or "Love Hime", when you, personally, think of Shounen or Seinen, they're still part of the genre, and I'm saying this manga shares many characteristics with shows like those. Violence is definitely more targeted towards boys, but so is stuff like the panty shots and skirt lengths. I eagerly await a response.

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

@SF just how clueless are you?? You must be a guy if you didn't notice how obnoxious all that fanservice was. You have women here telling you it's male gazey but you don't believe us? 'kay

Img_8611
joined Sep 8, 2016

@SF just how clueless are you?? You must be a guy if you didn't notice how obnoxious all that fanservice was. You have women here telling you it's male gazey but you don't believe us? 'kay

I would like to ask what SF identifies as. I don't think that media made for guys can't be enjoyed for girls. Me and my friend, both of us lesbians and feminists, loved Keijo, we thought it was hilarious. Thinking that only guys like shounen is the type of thinking that prevents girls from playing video games, or football. (Edit: Not that I enjoyed this manga. ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ )

But what I mean to say is, we shouldn't block them out just because they have a different opinion than us, if we're right, we should prove it, since we expect others to do the same.

last edited at Jun 29, 2017 5:11PM

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

I would like to ask what SF identifies as. I don't think that media made for guys can't be enjoyed for girls. Me and my friend, both of us lesbians and feminists, loved Keijo, we thought it was hilarious. Thinking that only guys like shounen is the type of thinking that prevents girls from playing video games, or football.

But what I mean to say is, we shouldn't block them out just because they have a different opinion than us, we have the right arguement, we shouldn't be afraid.

I'm just saying, the girls ass is literally hanging out of her skirt and they don't think thats male fanservice? lol wut. A lot of women and lesbians would find that annoying.

Img_8611
joined Sep 8, 2016

I would like to ask what SF identifies as. I don't think that media made for guys can't be enjoyed for girls. Me and my friend, both of us lesbians and feminists, loved Keijo, we thought it was hilarious. Thinking that only guys like shounen is the type of thinking that prevents girls from playing video games, or football.

But what I mean to say is, we shouldn't block them out just because they have a different opinion than us, we have the right arguement, we shouldn't be afraid.

I'm just saying, the girls ass is literally hanging out of her skirt and they don't think thats male fanservice? lol wut. A lot of women and lesbians would find that annoying.

Yea, and I'm one of those lesbians, and that's partly why I'm curious where SF is coming from. I also just don't think its right for people to shut down a conversation and only listen to their own views.

Edit: Hope it doesn't seem like I'm not on your side.

last edited at Jun 29, 2017 5:16PM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

SF posted:

They're literally crotch length. That's incredibly short to the point of having trouble even finding a skirt that's actually that short. Like RoyceAxle said:

RoyceAxle posted:

1. If you look up the name of skirt lengths, the shortest length that comes up is a micro mini skirt, which stops about an inch or two below the crotch. These skirts are shorter than that. That's pretty damn short.

Even miniskirts, which aren't too terribly uncommon, tend to come down to a few inches or so above the knee. In a skirt as short as these ones you'd have trouble even walking without flashing your panties at everyone around. Let alone bending over, crouching down, or simply sitting.

joined Jun 11, 2016

I'm saying that I thought this doujin was rather simple and cute and that the scantily clad outfits were details that I thought were pointless and irrelevant, they didn't bother me because I simply payed no attention to them. That's why I didn't consider it fan-service, however you guys do consider it fan-service because those details you spotted and payed close attention to and chose to use that as an argument on why you consider this doujin to be bad, eliminating other important factors like Plot and Characters.

Also what the hell does my gender have to do with anything?

last edited at Jun 29, 2017 6:23PM

Img_8611
joined Sep 8, 2016

I'm saying that I thought this doujin was rather simple and cute and that the scantily clad outfits were details that I thought were pointless and irrelevant, they didn't bother me because I simply payed no attention to them. That's why I didn't consider it fan-service, however you guys do consider it fan-service because those details you spotted and payed close attention to and chose to use that as an argument on why you consider this doujin to be bad, eliminating other important factors like Plot and Characters.

We weren't talking about plot or characters because that's not what this aguement was about. We were debating weather on not this manga is targeted towards males, and as such, gender is at the core of the arguement.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

SF posted:

however you guys do consider it fan-service because those details you spotted and payed close attention to and chose to use that as an argument on why you consider this doujin to be bad, eliminating other important factors like Plot and Characters.

I haven't ignored other issues with the story. I'd directly addressed both in the past. And there's a difference between saying that you thought they were pointless or irrelevant and what you actually said which is:

Which states it as a fact, which is objectively incorrect.

Not the one asking about your gender but I'd assume it's because guys and girls tend to have fairly differing views on what sort of dress is appropriate or not. So if you identify as male then it could easily explain the discrepancy in views here.

Edit: And while I'm thinking about it I actually have a question: If these skirts aren't something you'd consider too short then what would you consider to be too short? Cause you really can't even get short than this to begin with.

last edited at Jun 29, 2017 6:42PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.