Forum › I'll Send Her Home on the Last Train discussion

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Booklet1-high-pink-experiment
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

I took it upon myself to reboot this story's discussion thread. Apologies to anyone who had left legitimate comments on it; please feel free to do so again.

For myself, I was quite pleased to see this continuation, as I thought the first story had an ambiguously melancholy ending. I was hoping to hear an explanation as to why Tsune continues to wear the cold mask so frequently when she doesn't appear to be ill, but perhaps it's simply to cover her shyness. Regardless, thanks Yuri Project for another enjoyable release.

last edited at Feb 27, 2014 10:00AM

Untitled-1
joined Feb 26, 2014

How do you know if you liked if you haven't actually read it?
She clearly says she has a hay fever in part one.
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/from_aiu_station_on_the_hiragana_line#5
Great way to start the thread over.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

To be honest, it took a bit to realize that this was a continuation since it had been a bit since I'd read the first. But even on its own it's a really cute story.

It didn't really explain her distance from her classmates all that much either, but it didn't really matter since that wasn't the focus here.

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Booklet1-high-pink-experiment
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

She clearly says she has a hay fever in part one.
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/from_aiu_station_on_the_hiragana_line#5
Great way to start the thread over.

That doesn't explain why she says she's going to wear it "anyway", and continues to do so through the period of time depicted, which presumably goes past pollen season. In any case, it was a passing remark - which incidentally is the same way this thread got derailed before, people criticizing other people's offhand comments.

last edited at Feb 27, 2014 9:59AM

Untitled-1
joined Feb 26, 2014

That doesn't explain why she says she's going to wear it "anyway",
Because she had snot running down her face and there are still allergens in the air almost regardless of the season, plus why don't know the exact time of year the story takes place, we see leaved trees so it safe to assume it's not fall or winter. Plus, Japanese people where those masks all the time go.

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Ah this was so cute and sweet! I thought it was going to be one of those annoying "were both girls so we cant be together, so lets just be friends" fake-yuri stories.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

What is it about this story that makes people react so aggressively? It's a cute romance, people! You're supposed to be happy!

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Happy stories are nice, good read.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I was hoping to hear an explanation as to why Tsune continues to wear the cold mask so frequently when she doesn't appear to be ill, but perhaps it's simply to cover her shyness. Regardless, thanks Yuri Project for another enjoyable release.

Maybe she is just very susceptible to colds or allergies... Or the author just forgot but I will believe the first option hehe.
Excellent and beautiful continuation, thanks for translating.

Fox_paw_tribal
joined Feb 25, 2013

I was hoping to hear an explanation as to why Tsune continues to wear the cold mask so frequently when she doesn't appear to be ill, but perhaps it's simply to cover her shyness. Regardless, thanks Yuri Project for another enjoyable release.

Maybe she is just very susceptible to colds or allergies... Or the author just forgot but I will believe the first option hehe.
Excellent and beautiful continuation, thanks for translating.

I thought in the first part Tsune mentions she gets hayfever. But I might not be remembering correctly.

Ghost in the Shell
Gits_avatar_klein
joined Jul 30, 2013

Well, this story takes place after the beauty pageant mentioned in the first part, so it is indeed a bit unlikely that her hay fever lasts that long. But considering Asaki is about to graduate and how she talks about Tsune and their relationship in her inner monologue it actually sounds as if quite some time has passed. Maybe it's an entire year, so it's pollen season again.
Anyways, no need to get upset over such a small detail.

I liked the story (both parts, I mean) a lot. Tsune especially, she doesn't seem like an overly cliched tsundere. It seems she's very shy when it comes to communicating her feelings, but not automatically as shy when other things are concerned. When there's reason (warning another about a perv, having some small talk, explaning obviously odd behavior of others), she does talk, which makes her more realistic. And yes, I can connect with such a character on a very personal level, since I'm the same (though I do talk a lot more once I start, hehe).

Tumblr_lhn2y5j5rz1qbc0x9
joined Jul 26, 2013

The ending was so nice. Ugh I'm so happy. The first part left me hanging, but now I feel satisfied! Definitely favoriting this.

Hinageshi_icon
joined Jul 20, 2013

Best fucking thing ever! Beautiful end to such lovely characters' story. I'm gonna miss these two.

Apple-logo-red
joined Feb 26, 2014

Bay far this authors best work. Though, her other works are great, too.

Underoneroof
joined Jan 17, 2014

the girl with the mask is one attractive manga character

Untitled-1
joined Feb 26, 2014

I actually like sempai more, her many faces make me laugh and they're pretty cute.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

I actually like sempai more, her many faces make me laugh and they're pretty cute.
(snipped image)

"Delish" face is the best xD
(Now need one for Tsune)

First story has great expressions as well... Maybe not so many along the silliness of this one.

last edited at Feb 28, 2014 3:46PM

Untitled-1
joined Feb 26, 2014

That "delish" line actually has a pun behind it. As the "delish" is referring to both the drink and the situation they are in. That kind of gets lost in translation though.

last edited at Feb 28, 2014 3:48PM

I274kwh
joined Sep 14, 2013

NGHHHGHH I want more. Or a side story perhaps. T_T

Yuri_Is_My_Lyfe
X
joined Feb 8, 2014

I'm glad there was a happy ending equal to ease all of our souls, but I totally liked the first one better.

joined Mar 12, 2014

lol well brothers too bad they won't be using those condoms

Motoko.edited.1
joined May 2, 2014

awesome follow up, didn't have the same emotional impact as the first part, but still good!

062589fd3c9f5577a916b303e3c6c27f
joined Nov 16, 2013

Exam season is in late winter, school year ends in spring. That should answer the face mask question.

Tumblr_lhn2y5j5rz1qbc0x9
joined Jul 26, 2013

Ive re-read this story so many times. I love it so much!

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Jesus Christ, this thing is so perfect you can even hear the fulfilling background music at the end

To reply you must either login or sign up.