Forum › New Game discussion

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

First game Aoba becomes lead designer, and it already goes with yuri ending...

Nice

joined Mar 22, 2017

Only few more to reach my long awaited chapter!

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Someone please take care of Hazuki san! she needs love too but her attacks have no effects on Aoba.

Badass%20yuyuko%20-%20avatar2
joined Dec 4, 2015

Someone please take care of Hazuki san! she needs love too but her attacks have no effects on Aoba.

I can't be sure, but it seems to me that Hazuki-san don't really want a relationship with anyone (at least for now), rather, she just want to look at the cute girls she have around her (and tease them from time to time I guess). . . . I think I have more motives to think this, but right now I just remember the chapter 29 (even more the OVA), that at the onsen, instead of approaching the group, she choose to just keep her space/distance and look them from afar... I can be wrong of course (since, if you just look from another angle, it might seem pretty lonely), but whatever is her reason for that, I don't think she want a relationship for now.

Also, Hazuki-san is my favorite character in this manga.

joined Mar 22, 2017

She doesn't want to have deep relationship with anyone, She enjoy watching them from behind a clear example is aoba post-interview event and OVA, I think what satisfies her most is watching cute girl doing cute thing.
Like us reader anyways

last edited at Jun 20, 2017 5:51AM

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Hnngg the game has such an interesting and fun concept, I'd love to play it

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

I can't be sure, but it seems to me that Hazuki-san don't really want a relationship with anyone (at least for now), rather, she just want to look at the cute girls she have around her (and tease them from time to time I guess). . . . I think I have more motives to think this, but right now I just remember the chapter 29 (even more the OVA), that at the onsen, instead of approaching the group, she choose to just keep her space/distance and look them from afar... I can be wrong of course (since, if you just look from another angle, it might seem pretty lonely), but whatever is her reason for that, I don't think she want a relationship for now.

She reminds me of the loli made in Majo to Houki to Kurobuchi Megane . Just enjoys from afar.

last edited at Jun 20, 2017 8:59AM

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

@risingstar3110 that's some serious grasping that you are doing there. Kou just wants to be a good a senpai, that's it. During the company trip she only let Rin see her vulnerable side. Even only let Rin hold her hand when she was sick.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Ghost Shogun posted:

I don't want her to end alone with a cats forever.

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Hazuki can compromise and find a catgirl.

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

@risingstar3110 that's some serious grasping that you are doing there. Kou just wants to be a good a senpai, that's it. During the company trip she only let Rin see her vulnerable side. Even only let Rin hold her hand when she was sick.

The difference is 7 years. I means I don't really know how's conservative Japan is when it comes to relationship. But if two single(a) adult (b) individuals being really close on daily basic(c), had been alone in dozens of romantic situation(d), for 8 years (e). And still has a completely platonic relationship. I have to doubt if it will go anywhere.

I rather betting on Kou x Aoba to happen. Maybe something will spark up the next time they spend Chrismas alone, or something. Otherwise Kou has more danger to become cat lady than...

...Hazuki. Who unlike Kou we still hasn't seen her home yet. There is still a chance that she already had a life-long partner living with her.

last edited at Jun 20, 2017 11:46AM

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

With a lot of this: (a) it will never, ever go beyond subtext as long as the show goes on. So you're only discussing what romance will they hint at, and that's the romance of the show and (b) they don't always have those plotted out. They hint at one or the other and see how fans react. When New Game started, they hinted at a triangle of Rin/Kou/Aoba all the time. In fact, Aoba and Kou staring into each other's eyes completely romantically was an anime splash intro. But when Hifumi started opening up to Aoba, apparently the fans liked it, or the creators decided it fit better. Nowadays, for the most part, the Aoba/Kou subtext is on the back-burner. Nowadays, the subtext couples seem to be Kou/Rin - with Rin's rival being, not Aoba, but Kou's job that she's basically married to; Hifumi/Aoba which is, despite Aoba's cute feminine little girl appearance, pretty much a classic neko/tachi relationship; Umiko/Nene which is a little less romantic and kind of a sempai/kouhai subtext; the spares are hinted at pairing off or perhaps getting something with the new girls.

joined May 23, 2015

I can tell you that the author has specifically stated that he doesn't personally like when yuri series go overtly lesbian.

He does start toeing the line at points, but he'll probably never go beyond it.

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

That's a bit disappointing to hear.

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

With a lot of this: (a) it will never, ever go beyond subtext as long as the show goes on. So you're only discussing what romance will they hint at, and that's the romance of the show and (b) they don't always have those plotted out. They hint at one or the other and see how fans react. When New Game started, they hinted at a triangle of Rin/Kou/Aoba all the time. In fact, Aoba and Kou staring into each other's eyes completely romantically was an anime splash intro. But when Hifumi started opening up to Aoba, apparently the fans liked it, or the creators decided it fit better. Nowadays, for the most part, the Aoba/Kou subtext is on the back-burner. Nowadays, the subtext couples seem to be Kou/Rin - with Rin's rival being, not Aoba, but Kou's job that she's basically married to; Hifumi/Aoba which is, despite Aoba's cute feminine little girl appearance, pretty much a classic neko/tachi relationship; Umiko/Nene which is a little less romantic and kind of a sempai/kouhai subtext; the spares are hinted at pairing off or perhaps getting something with the new girls.

If you remove the plot, and just consider "what it hint at", then everything (include most of the post above) will be just your personal biased assessment. Unless you plan to analyse chapter by chapter basis, or can pull an author interview out somewhere, otherwise we can't argue over your opinion.

On the author comment. Disappointed, but kinda expected. The yuri element of the yuri genre has always about the potential of it to happen. Rarely it was officially confirmed (outside of actual yuri manga) and a lot of time it was kept it as sublime as it can get (recent Maid Dragon ending for example).

last edited at Jun 20, 2017 1:13PM

Together_forever
joined Jul 6, 2013

I can tell you that the author has specifically stated that he doesn't personally like when yuri series go overtly lesbian.

We're stuck in the bad timeline after all.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

The difference is 7 years. I means I don't really know how's conservative Japan is when it comes to relationship. But if two single(a) adult (b) individuals being really close on daily basic(c), had been alone in dozens of romantic situation(d), for 8 years (e). And still has a completely platonic relationship. I have to doubt if it will go anywhere.

I rather betting on Kou x Aoba to happen. Maybe something will spark up the next time they spend Chrismas alone, or something. Otherwise Kou has more danger to become cat lady than...

Oh come on, we have plenty of manga here showing that girls being friends for decades can easily take a romantic turn once one confesses to the other. Kou x Aoba is just a terrible bet with terrible odds, we have not seen anything beyond a sempai/kohai relationship between the two.

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

Peco x Queen OTP

Badass%20yuyuko%20-%20avatar2
joined Dec 4, 2015

I don't want her to end alone with a cats forever.

I know the feel, but we still have plenty of time, so don't worry about it (not now).

We're stuck in the bad timeline after all.

The sad truth... at least it's not the worst one.

I should make(?) a habit of specifying who I'm quoting like Serenata do (since it seems useful)... will see (ー_ー).

Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

It's really an extreme form of the tsundere x dunce dynamic(or perhaps its logical conclusion) if you think about: Kou will never notice Rin's feelings, but Rin is too shy to confess. With the devotion she shows and Kou clearly thinking of her as her closest friend, it's not the most surprising that she's stayed regardless.

This makes me sad. Hopefully he'll change his mind and make final relationships clear at the end(even if it's not explicitly stated).

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

What do you/does he mean by overtly lesbian?
Given that he did participate in the Sakura Trick anthology and drew something pretty good/gay, maybe it isn't as bad as it sounds? :s
(like, maybe not overtly lesbian =/= subtext af ambiguous territory)

joined May 23, 2015

It's something he said like 6 months ago, so I had to go searching to find the exact wording he used.

https://twitter.com/tokutaro/status/798731110641319937

It seems I was partly misremembering and partly misinterpreting. The post itself isn't entirely clear, but he clarified a bit in the replies. Looks like he actually meant that while he loves yuri, he doesn't like when it is the main topic of the plot. Basically, he is just not a fan of romance as a genre.

I was just misremembering it as him not liking when they get in actual relationships.

joined Mar 22, 2017

To be honest even I said I ship AobaXHifumi but I don't want every relationship in the story to go beyond "Yuri Crush" not sure people will agree with me or not but I enjoy watching like this though. It's Anime that show Cute girl doing cute (and funny) thing after all.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

moguTL posted:

It's something he said like 6 months ago, so I had to go searching to find the exact wording he used.

https://twitter.com/tokutaro/status/798731110641319937

It seems I was partly misremembering and partly misinterpreting. The post itself isn't entirely clear, but he clarified a bit in the replies. Looks like he actually meant that while he loves yuri, he doesn't like when it is the main topic of the plot. Basically, he is just not a fan of romance as a genre.

I was just misremembering it as him not liking when they get in actual relationships.

I thought it would be something like that, is a manga about making games so even if one of them is lesbian it doesn't change what they have to do... Work and be cute.

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

Oh come on, we have plenty of manga here showing that girls being friends for decades can easily take a romantic turn once one confesses to the other.

Of course I haven't read every one-shot yuri manga out there. But I seriously do want to know if there was a couple like that somewhere in any yuri series.

Long-term unrequited love affair that prolong to nearly decade has always need a clear obstacle whether because (a) one of them was not single, (b) they were teenager so mistook it as 'just a phase, (c) haven't met again for a long while, (d) know each other, but never close or has a romantic opportunity. I will add an (e) a power gap that prevents them from acknowledging each other of being romantic partner.

There is a need of something to prevent them to come together, for their status-quo last for a decade. However none of that exist between Kou and Rin. If there is no obstacle for Kou and Rin to cross, then logically their current relationship is already at their peak form.

It's really an extreme form of the tsundere x dunce dynamic(or perhaps its logical conclusion) if you think about: Kou will never notice Rin's feelings, but Rin is too shy to confess. With the devotion she shows and Kou clearly thinking of her as her closest friend, it's not the most surprising that she's stayed regardless.

Even if we assume the whole "Kou is too dense to realise" is true (and not that she already realised Rin's affection and can't return it). But it will also means the 8-years status quo will not change for another decade or so. And it's possible for them to i) stay single till they die, ii) Rin get over her feeling and find someone else, or iii) Kou met and hooked up with someone else instead.

A new talented employee who she unconsciously find herself attract to perhaps... (...just saying...)

last edited at Jun 21, 2017 10:36AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.