Forum › Dynasty Cafe: A Home for Off-Topic Discussion where everyone's welcome! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

joined Jan 8, 2014

If you like sailor moon...or even if your just slightly familiar with it! ^_^ <3

https://youtu.be/m2im6ka2UoQ

Damn, The new season of Yuri on Ice look's awesome.

If only! I swear, they trolled all the yuri fans with that bl anime :P

joined Jan 8, 2014

Is anyone else here playing "moe! Ninja girls" on their phone? It's fun, with collectible outfits etc...
I would have liked the mc to have been a girl but he hardly shows up on screen....im always looking for yuri VNs for my phone...this ones got one click battle, and of course it's a harem with all the diff moe types...and im convinced blonde moe girl has a yuri crush with tsundere-san...I dunno, im still reading it cause of the moe, and admittedly the ecchi comedy

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Kind of a heavy one all of a sudden and I've never really participated here sorry, but I just needed to dump this somewhere.
I'm about to come out to my family about my agnosticism and homosexuality. I'm from a Muslim country and my parents are literal religious teachers, am also dependent on them. There's no going back now.
If anybody cares (and I'll update if anyone does) please wish me luck. I'm gonna need it.

I really wish they will- if not accept, at least acknowledge it. But I'll be honest, the combo muslim country + religious teachers kind of alarms me. Have you ever brought one of the two subjecst in a discussion with them before ? Are they, or do they seem tolerant ?

If not, I personally would start by just revealing just my agnosticism, to see how they would react..
Anyway, good luck; I have trouble imagining how much courage you've got to muster to come out ! Hope everything will go smoothly.

joined Mar 21, 2017

Kind of a heavy one all of a sudden and I've never really participated here sorry, but I just needed to dump this somewhere.
I'm about to come out to my family about my agnosticism and homosexuality. I'm from a Muslim country and my parents are literal religious teachers, am also dependent on them. There's no going back now.
If anybody cares (and I'll update if anyone does) please wish me luck. I'm gonna need it.

Seriously good luck. I hope it goes as good as it can.

Tumblr_lolhmrwbnl1qiyxpbo4_250
joined Jun 22, 2016

@ FarhaFiasco

Best of luck! I really hope everything goes well for you! ೕ(•̀ᴗ•́)

Totally admire your courage!
You're awesome! ◟(◔ั₀◔ั )◞ ༘♡ So please, hang in there! And always remember you're not alone!!!

last edited at Jun 14, 2017 8:53AM

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

Good luck, girl.

This will be difficult. But I give you my best wishes!

Best Mangaka Rohan
joined Dec 13, 2016

@ FarhaFiasco

How did it go? (´;Д;`)

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

I highly admire your courage. Good Luck, I hope everything works out in the end.

joined Jun 22, 2016

Just came back from watching Wonder Woman.
Gotta say, really good movie!
Best superhero movie I've seen ever since Batman - The Dark Knight came out.
Totally recommend it!

Edit:
I really hope FarhaFiasco is okay!

last edited at Jun 16, 2017 3:13PM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

But Deadpool though.

joined Jun 22, 2016

But Deadpool though.

Have to admit that I never watched that one...
... maybe I should...

But hey, while you're around ^^ Just watched the first episode of Wynonna Earp S2. It was as fun (and silly) as ever!!! (^_^)b Loved it!
With all of the shows that recently started airing again, this one was my favorite first episode. Followed by Orphan Black and OitnB.
And you chose to wait... ;) (But now you at least know that it'll be worth it) (◦’ںˉ◦)

Best Mangaka Rohan
joined Dec 13, 2016

But Deadpool though.

Is overrated as hell. It's funny but story is bland af.

joined Mar 21, 2017

But Deadpool though.

Get out ; )

%23spartasgirl
joined Jul 14, 2016

Totally recommend it!

Still haven't seen Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 or Wonder Woman. Hope to get around to seeing them before they leave the theaters. Though, in all honesty, my favorite super hero movie (and I didn't read super hero comics as a kid) has to be Captain America: The Winter Soldier. It just scratches a certain itch....

joined Jun 22, 2016

Still haven't seen Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 or Wonder Woman. Hope to get around to seeing them before they leave the theaters. Though, in all honesty, my favorite super hero movie (and I didn't read super hero comics as a kid) has to be Captain America: The Winter Soldier. It just scratches a certain itch....

Talking to you people makes me realize how many superhero movies I have missed (^∇^)

Well... I never tried to watch them all... But I did give the first Captain America movie with Chris Evans a try... didn't really click with me somehow though... that's why I never bothered to watch Winter Soldier.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

But Deadpool though.

... maybe I should...

But hey, while you're around ^^ Just watched the first episode of Wynonna Earp S2. It was as fun (and silly) as ever!!! (^_^)b Loved it!
With all of the shows that recently started airing again, this one was my favorite first episode. Followed by Orphan Black and OitnB.
And you chose to wait... ;) (But now you at least know that it'll be worth it) (◦’ںˉ◦)

Damn, you ranked Earp higher than Orphan Black? That's pretty surprising to hear.
But yeah, definitely gonna wait this time. Waiting for the Wentworth finale is killing me right now haha.
Speaking of OITNB though, felt it went kinda downhill when they decided to focus on the drama over the comedy in the later half (though the horror-themed episode was amazing). Still pretty enjoyable and a really nice season finale, even if the cliffhanger felt kinda meh.

But Deadpool though.

It's an action comedy, telling an amazing story was hardly what they set out to do. Especially since other than a few details they were surprisingly close to the source material.
Also surprisingly good romance, by the way, even though I went in not wanting to root for them for obvious reasons.

last edited at Jun 16, 2017 8:34PM

%23spartasgirl
joined Jul 14, 2016

Talking to you people makes me realize how many superhero movies I have missed (^∇^)

Heh. Its weird, but I am more into Superheroes now at my age than I was as a kid. Of course, a lot of that is because DC does great animated programs (really looking forward to Young Justice Season 3) and Marvel does great live-action movies/programs (currently watching the Daredevil Tv series).

Best Mangaka Rohan
joined Dec 13, 2016

But Deadpool though.

Get out ; )

Nope :)

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

I really hate how the government okays you being paid less for the same job just because you're younger :/

But Deadpool though.

... maybe I should...

You probably shouldn't

But Deadpool though.

Is trash

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Deadpool is the first movie in a long time that I wanted to get a refund for. (The other one was the Expendables 3, but I watched that on Amazon and had it for free with Prime so I really could not get a refund for it) I saw it alone (I like never go to the movies on my own) and I was enjoying it at first, but the the action was pretty boring, there was like no character growth and nothing was ever at stake. I was checking my watch by the end of it. I left going "what did I not get about this that other people did get?" I really wanted to see it though since everyone said it was so good, but I'm the only person I know who did not like it.

Totally recommend it!

I saw Wonder Woman twice. It's really good, because it does not try to do anything stupid like the other DC movies have been trying (BvS with it's like 7 different plotlines at once). Wonder Woman follows the same origin story formula that all the Marvel origin movies follow. The character grows over the film (while Superman has not grown at all over two films), there is one plot and it does not throw in extra stuff in it.

Really sucks seeing that trailer for Justice League before the movie, though. It looks like it's gonna be the same garbage that the other DC movies have been since Man of Steel.

I think Dark Knight is a good movie, but the only thing worthwhile from it is Heath Ledger's performance. Throwing in Two-Face into that movie really drags it down as that whole part feels rushed and tacked on and not as cohesive as the rest of the film was.

My all time favorite (nostalgia-wise) has to still be the 2002 Spider-Man film. Logan is still my favorite movie this year and that probably makes it my favorite superhero movie, because it isn't a superhero movie. (It's a roadtrip movie).

Well... I never tried to watch them all... But I did give the first Captain America movie with Chris Evans a try... didn't really click with me somehow though... that's why I never bothered to watch Winter Soldier.

Winter Solider is way better than The First Avenger. Like, I didn't like the First Avenger the first time I saw it all that much. Now I like it more, but Winter Solider is a better film. It's more of a Bourne style movie than a superhero movie though.

joined Mar 21, 2017

Michael Keaton - Batman. Still my favourite Superhero film.

Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

I think i'm over-writing too much for a single chapter. Gonna buy some sticky notes because i forget shit. need to buy another sketchbook and lead too.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

ZuljinRaynor posted:

I saw it alone (I like never go to the movies on my own) and I was enjoying it at first, but the the action was pretty boring, there was like no character growth and nothing was ever at stake.

Well you don't really watch DP for character growth or plot. You watch it for jokes, gore and breaking the forth wall. DP was always more of parody/satire of superheroes and never took itself too seriously. The biggest strength of this movies was that it was finally a R rated superhero movie that didn't have to play it safe and could be fully for adults. DP humor from the beginning was very specific so not everyone will like it.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

ZuljinRaynor posted:

I saw it alone (I like never go to the movies on my own) and I was enjoying it at first, but the the action was pretty boring, there was like no character growth and nothing was ever at stake.

Well you don't really watch DP for character growth or plot. You watch it for jokes, gore and breaking the forth wall. DP was always more of parody/satire of superheroes and never took itself too seriously. The biggest strength of this movies was that it was finally a R rated superhero movie that didn't have to play it safe and could be fully for adults. DP humor from the beginning was very specific so not everyone will like it.

Rob Liefeld (spits) originally designed the character to be a fairly straightforward assassin anti-hero who made wisecracks a lot. He didn't even come up with the dialogue, that was Fabian Nicieza. Most of the stuff people like about the character was added by other writers like Joe Kelly (the fourth wall breaking) and Gail Simone (the "little yellow boxes"). But even now Liefeld (spits) demands credit for creating such a popular character despite the fact that he only came up with the look (itself a deliberate take-off on the existing Deathstroke costume).

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

ZuljinRaynor posted:

Yeah, pretty much this. Seems like it's not as much about you not liking the movie as it is about you not liking Deadpool in general.
Speaking of character growth though, Deadpool actually goes through a lot of it in the later comics. Sadly that probably won't ever make it into the movies because it mostly involves characters that Fox doesn't have the rights to. One of his best storylines heavily involves Thanos, for example. Another gem involves Loki and Thor, though mostly for comedic reasons.

To reply you must either login or sign up.