Forum › Dynasty Cafe: A Home for Off-Topic Discussion where everyone's welcome! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

joined Mar 21, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WC5FdFlUcl0

T_T

ლ(ಥДಥლ )

Couldn't stand Audioslave but loved Soundgarden. It's sad but he had a good run.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bH-MdVCLWM
^I totally have a new favorite intro to a series.

Edit: I'm quite a bit into the actual series now and turns out it's one of the best sitcoms there is.

last edited at May 20, 2017 10:28PM

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Trumps speeches are getting more hilarious and dumb everyday, lol.

Who puts him in President's position anyways?

I have watched more C-Span in the past 4-5 months thanks to this admin lol.

Toffee%20copy%202
joined Jan 2, 2014

Well I'm officially going to graduate from high school tommorow AND.THAT.IS.TERRIFYING !!!

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

Jesus, some tiny babies on this forum (but seriously, congrats)

last edited at May 21, 2017 11:19PM

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

You know your work is boring when a test emergency alarm is the most interesting thing for the 6 months I've been employed here.

Whenever you start feeling old just remember that age ain't nothing but a number ೕ(•̀ᴗ•́)

That's usually my attitude when I have any debt. After all, debt is just a number. Too bad many can't see it.

last edited at May 22, 2017 2:33AM

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

Good to have you back Galich! :D
How have ya been?

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

In case Neko is here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VuuTeZq2uM
New Joyner Lucas song. A serious one again.

C8-h7dlw0aetesm
joined Jun 14, 2015

Got a new gaming rig, able to play GameCube games and stuff like Killer is Dead (as seen with my new profile pic). Must say, well worth it.

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

How have ya been?

Heyo! Long time no talk ! :) figured that this thread needed this old dilettante doofus.

Been doing decently actually. In my mind I'm already correcting my students' tests, but in real life I'm 5 months short of being a student myself lol.

That, and I try to fill my time with reading and tutoring, while trying my hardest not to focus on the fact that I broke up with my gf a week ago. Anyways, can't wait to be back at uni!

And how are ya doin'?

last edited at May 23, 2017 3:05AM

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

So I just finished with Samurai Jack. And then I read the comment about people complaining about het pairing of Jack with Ashi. Saying the pairing is homophobic and both of them should be gay.

I mean seriously wtf?! It doesn't even make any sense. Since when did Jack shown any homosexuality? Dude was shown interested in girls multiple times. Ashi never had any real normal conversation with anyone but Jack and not to mention, she never had met or shown any feeling towards any girl to say she is lesbian. Complaints about fast pacing for the relationship i can understand. . But wtf are calling it homophobic or demanding them to be gay?

It's almost like those people wanted to ruin the image of homosexual people and supporters. Being on this site had taught me that no homosexual person or supporters would say such thing. Seriously.......this is just sad and maddening.

last edited at May 23, 2017 4:16AM

joined Jun 11, 2016

How have ya been?

Heyo! Long time no talk ! :) figured that this thread needed this old dilettante doofus.

Been doing decently actually. In my mind I'm already correcting my students' tests, but in real life I'm 5 months short of being a student myself lol.

That, and I try to fill my time with reading and tutoring, while trying my hardest not to focus on the fact that I broke up with my gf a week ago. Anyways, can't wait to be back at uni!

It looks like you've got alot on your plate. Glad to see you pulling through!

And how are ya doin'?

Ah, I've been doing pretty good myself. Asshole's would occasionally disrupt class and act like they're the shit and when someone says the slightest thing they would lash out at them with screaming and 7 slur's every sentence (That's the inner-city for ya!). But that's the only problem I'd say I'm having in school lol.

last edited at May 23, 2017 4:45PM

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

It looks like you've got alot on your plate. Glad to see you pulling through!

Ah, it's been way before, although the breakup was far from being stressfree. With kind people around, pulling through hogwash that lives gives us is easier.

And how are ya doin'?

Ah, I've been doing pretty good myself. Asshole's would occasionally disrupt class and act like they're the shit and when someone says the slightest thing they would lash out at them with screaming and 7 slur's every sentence (That's the inner-city for ya!). But that's the only problem I'd say I'm having in school lol.

Ah, sounds exactly like my days at highschool..or juniorhigh..or primary school..basically, everywhere up to uni. Just ignore those tossers and wait until they become chavs/successful businessmen/politicians.

From personal experience, the higher you go on the ladder of education, the less people you encounter with such attitude. Some grow out of it, some stay chavs forever. With age, more people appreciate not being a total dickwad in their relationships, be it romantic or friendship. What level of education are you on?^^

I'm even crazier about teaching now than I was before. Makes me curse that I had chosen a degree I didn't enjoy at all (mandarin), which I dropped at the first possible occasion. Right now I wish I could just sit at uni studying history/literature and preparing to teach other students in a few years..but I still have 4,5 months more of waiting ahead of me. Curses. At least tutoring others gives me a bit of something I'm looking forward to a lot. This post is quite curse riddled for a teacher in spe, but it's a level of hypocrisy I can live with.

Also, I feel kind of evil..today in one of the shops I work in there was a major malfunction that's resulted in half of the shop leaking..all I could think about was the manager's anger at the situation (she's definitely not a nice person..)

Random YouTube link

https://youtu.be/TlMJp2KT-DM

last edited at May 24, 2017 3:38AM

Toffee%20copy%202
joined Jan 2, 2014

It's almost like those people wanted to ruin the image of homosexual people and supporters. Being on this site had taught me that no homosexual person or supporters would say such thing. Seriously.......this is just sad and maddening.

People are just way too invested in ships but yeah the romance was kinda forced and too fast

Best Mangaka Rohan
joined Dec 13, 2016

People are just way too invested in ships but yeah the romance was kinda forced and too fast

Yeah i guess that's the best they could do in 10 episodes.

But yeah people took pairing way too personally.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Eh, there's more people complaining about some people taking it too serious than actual people taking it to serious. And nobody called the couple homophobic, In conclusion, nothing happened, really.

Best Mangaka Rohan
joined Dec 13, 2016

Eh, there's more people complaining about some people taking it too serious than actual people taking it to serious. And nobody called the couple homophobic, In conclusion, nothing happened, really.

^
Well somebody didn't read tumblr comments apparently......

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

^

I've read all 5 of them.

Best Mangaka Rohan
joined Dec 13, 2016

^

I've read all 5 of them.

Pretty sure there are more than that. But whatever still don't find any reason why they wanted a homosexual pairing.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Because everything is now about having representations and shoehorning gays and lesbians everywhere. So obviously Samurai Jack should have gay and lesbian character now. They don't care that Jack was never meant to be gay or it doesn't fit with what was presented. They want stuff to always be their way.

Best Mangaka Rohan
joined Dec 13, 2016

^
Which is sad as Samurai Jack was never about pairing.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

^

I've read all 5 of them.

Pretty sure there are more than that. But whatever still don't find any reason why they wanted a homosexual pairing.

For the same reason people want lesbian ships in Love Live and that other idol anime. There were 2 or more people of the same sex and they talk to each other sometimes.

Best Mangaka Rohan
joined Dec 13, 2016

^

I've read all 5 of them.

For the same reason people want lesbian ships in Love Live and that other idol anime. There were 2 or more people of the same sex and they talk to each other sometimes.

Love Live i can understand as most of them are girls and close friends. And it's a really bad comparison. But like said, in Samurai Jack, Ashi had no social interaction with anyone except with Jack.

joined Jun 11, 2016

^

I've read all 5 of them.

Love Live i can understand as most of them are girls and close friends. And it's a really bad comparison. But like said, in Samurai Jack, Ashi had no social interaction with anyone except with Jack.

The thing that justifies Love Live ships is the fact that the creator of Love Live is the same person who created Strawberry Panic.

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Eli is a gay parfait.

She's gay AND (partially) european.

last edited at May 24, 2017 10:48PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.