Forum › A Kiss And A White Lily discussion

The main couple is back again and I hope they get more than 2 chapters (・ω ・)
Cute chapter, I loved the kiss so romantic~

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Always nice to see their relationship evolve a little bit every time we see them. =] Now compare this chapter's title with chapter 2's title. That's why I love Yurine: each arc puts her in a different role towards different characters, and each of those characters makes her question herself a little more and makes her a little more "human". I hope we get more than two chapters about them this time.

45146235_746277355746718_170304489897590784_n
joined Dec 19, 2016

Is it just me or why am I having a weird vibe that this main couple is slowly transforming into polyamory? I mean look at the cover page.

God pls no

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

I liked the introspection we got. I was a bit put off by the addition of yet another character (this is actually the first time I raised an eyebrow at that), but delving into Yurine's inner workings was a welcome change. Maybe her dilemma hit a bit close to home, but I get what she is dealing with.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I don't remember if there are straight girls in this school.

deltahalo241
Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

Looks like Saori has a thing for Haine and doesn't even know it.

joined Feb 18, 2015

Looks like Saori has a thing for Haine and doesn't even know it.

She knows it, she just doesn't know WHO Haine is! (If she sees her with Ayaka and Yurine, she'll be likely to think Ayaka is the one who was playing the piano based on her preconceived notions... Though her hair isn't straight... Hopefully she'll get over the fact that Haine doesn't have black hair!)

I really don't see this arc heading toward polyamory, unlike the last arc. For one thing, there's that bit at the end that suggests Saori is probably going to end up with Haine... Also, look at the cover picture of Haine, Yurine, and Ayaka. Yurine is gazing adoringly into Ayaka's eyes, while Ayaka grasps her hand and looks like she is worried sick about her, gazing back at her. Meanwhile, Haine and Yurine's hands are resting on each other, not clasped, in a friendly manner in other words, while she looks toward the unknown (Saori's) hand reaching toward her from out of the frame.

There is also the fact that Ayaka and Yurine are 2nd year high school students while Haine and Saori are 2nd year middle school students. That is a three year difference. In ten years, that wouldn't be much of a difference, and I will admit, I dated a couple of girls who were that much younger than myself when I was in high school. (I was a senior and they were freshmen... well, one was right after I graduated, so I guess she was a sophomore and I was a recent graduate.) But you rarely if ever see that kind of age gap in manga. If there's an age gap, it is usually a serious age gap of five to ten years.

No, I think what Yurine needs is someone other than Ayaka who is actually a friend and someone who can bring out what she seriously lacks, which is the ability to care about anything that isn't Ayaka. Of course, the thing that kept going through my mind through the entire section when Haine was asking her if she ever felt passionate about anything was, "OF COURSE YOU HAVE! What about AYAKA!!!!!! But I guess that doesn't count, since it isn't something of a similar nature to playing the piano or gardening or sports. The other question that was going through my mind was, Isn't Ayaka exactly the same? She doesn't have anything she is passionate about other than being number 1, which is just academics. It isn't doing something for something's sake. And she's already been dealing with the fact that it is really about her mother and not herself anyway. So I wonder if Ayaka will have a bit of crisis while she helps Yurine through hers?

joined Aug 11, 2014

I saw this tagged as an "Ayaka and Yurine" chapter on Batoto, and immediately thought about making a "Not MORE new characters!" joke, and acting like I'd forgotten about these two again. But then I actually read the chapter, and... Well, at least it's about Yurine, I guess?

I did like the chapter, but it kinda reinforces my view that Canno gets more excited about coming up with new story ideas than they do about actually writing and developing those stories, so when it comes time to continue a long-running character arc like Yurine's, naturally they resorted back to introducing a new character with new troubles and a new angle on the situation.

Even if I'm right, it's probably not a bad way to go about things. It just gets a little overwhelming when I'm already bad at keeping track of normal-sized casts and characters as it is.

last edited at May 8, 2017 5:47PM

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

^^ I'm actually not sure we're gonna see Saori again. Little Theater characters rarely appear in the story proper, but that might change I guess. Otherwise, yeah, I don't think Haine has any romantic interest in Yurine; she's actually surprisingly lucid about her flaws.

About Yurine needing an actual friend… I thought about Ai (y'know, Chiharu's hyper BFF) but Ai doesn't seem to be the perceptive kind, so yeah. Ayaka realizing that she's really not that different from Yurine wouldn't be surprising either.

^ Well, that's how this series works; Canno develops old characters by connecting them to new ones who end up getting their own arc afterwards (Yurine being recruited by Yukina and Towako, Ayaka being interviewed by Sawa and Itsuki, Izumi meeting Amane...) If anything, this allows for smooth transitions.

Speaking of which, updated chart!

last edited at May 8, 2017 6:19PM

joined May 19, 2016

Seeing Shiramine again fills me with life... I fell in love with her in her chapters... and I love her with glasses and when she's vulnerable... I don't mean anything weird by that..... I swear. <3

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Isn't Ayaka exactly the same?

Ayaka would be if Ayaka gave up entirely on her goals of at least trying to excel. At the moment, no, Ayaka's not empty, although when she speaks to her mother she sure feels like it. She has Mizuki as her roommate that she interacts with and really cares about, and I think she at least enjoys studying somewhat, helps out with various clubs and seems to enjoy doing so, and she doesn't live with her mother so she can ignore a bit.

Yurine and Sumire's relationship is shown to be a bit rocky nowadays (probably because of their age-gap) and while Yurine liking Ayaka certainly IS something she's passionate about, and certainly life is not complete without great people in it, Yurine is super bored and depressed about it. She can't just glue herself to Ayaka as a substitute for real hobbies, and Yurine admits she hates everything she tried (Ayaka never says she hates all the clubs she helps).

This probably got garbled, but the bottom line is that Ayaka and Yurine have some subtle differences about how they interact with and think about the world around them that really sets them apart from each other.

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

ACTUAL LEGITIMATE PROGRESS IN THE SHIRAMINE/KUROSAWA ETERNAL CAMP OF NOTHINGNESS?!
NO
FUCKING
WAY

HyperKunoichi
White_mage
joined Feb 28, 2013

Not that I dislike all the other couples, but holy crap it's about time we got something involving the main pair. It's been waaay too long.

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

^^same..Shiramine's cousin and her partner is my fave..
It's hard to keep up with all the characters esp their names and thier stories(not that i dislike them)..But i really wanna focus on the main characters..

Tmp_11996-nanofate-3-11937795520
joined Dec 6, 2013

Thank gawd! They're back to the main pair! So many characters, it's hard to keep up/memorize >< lol

joined Aug 10, 2016

Rip Saori, unless Canno actually uses an AnoKiss Theater character for once.

DschingisKhan
Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Wow, this was an unexpectedly important chapter. Good wham line, Haine.

joined Feb 18, 2015

Rip Saori, unless Canno actually uses an AnoKiss Theater character for once.

Well, there is one case of an AnoKiss Theater character who was used in a later chapter. Kaoru - the girl from Yurine's middle school who picked up her pen and then helped her win the teddy bear competition. She was originally introduced in the Chapter 6 AnoKiss Theater section. Then in chapter 18, she came into the forefront as a character with Yurine in the thing with the teddy bears and then the thing with inviting Yurine to the fireworks festival, though the second chapter focuses more on the two friends then on her.

^^ I'm actually not sure we're gonna see Saori again. Little Theater characters rarely appear in the story proper, but that might change I guess. Otherwise, yeah, I don't think Haine has any romantic interest in Yurine; she's actually surprisingly lucid about her flaws.

About Yurine needing an actual friend… I thought about Ai (y'know, Chiharu's hyper BFF) but Ai doesn't seem to be the perceptive kind, so yeah. Ayaka realizing that she's really not that different from Yurine wouldn't be surprising either.

^ Well, that's how this series works; Canno develops old characters by connecting them to new ones who end up getting their own arc afterwards (Yurine being recruited by Yukina and Towako, Ayaka being interviewed by Sawa and Itsuki, Izumi meeting Amane...) If anything, this allows for smooth transitions.

Speaking of which, updated chart!

I've been really impressed with the way the story flows from one arc to the next all along. It is really extremely well done. I absolutely love the way Canno introduces the next relationship gradually by introducing one of the characters and then bringing in their complications for their full arc, then periodically shifting back to one of the two main couples. (Yurine x Ayaka / Mizuki x Moe)

last edited at May 15, 2017 3:22AM

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

…Huh, so I guess that newbie (?) is the fourth girl we don't see on the previous chapter's cover?

Yurine doesn't look so happy. =[

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

Preview out! https://twitter.com/anokonikiss/status/868387758535958528

HYPE. Hope Mizuki and Moe at least speak more than 3 sentences in the next chapter!

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Kurosawa appears in two chapters in a row? The end is nigh? Or maybe she's just there for a single page...

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

So in chapter 32 we have Yurine, Ayaka, Mizuki & Moe, Ai, Towako, Kaoru, and a middle-school acquaintance of Yurine who's not too fond of her. A densely packed chapter indeed.

It actually seems like this arc might take the entire volume for once…

last edited at Jun 22, 2017 9:14PM

Itzameapotterhead
Img_pzb2xa
joined Jul 4, 2016

Looks like Shiramine and Yukine are the new Nozoeli because DE DE DEEN DE DEEN

Itzameapotterhead
Img_pzb2xa
joined Jul 4, 2016

I was wondering why Yukina seems familiar to me and then I remembered, Wendy's

To reply you must either login or sign up.