Forum › Silent Sinner in Blue discussion

joined Jul 3, 2011

I was kinda surprised to see this and kinda not. It's like the 3rd series in the list of original touhou stories though. I wonder if the other stories will be uploaded as well.

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

I wonder if this should really be under "Doujins", since it's official story...

MrEngenious Admin
Puff
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

A doujin is simply something that was released without a publisher.
All of ZUN's Touhou games are doujin games, despite such a large following.
And all of ZUN's contributions to his franchise, like this story, are also doujins despite being canon.

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Oh. I see. Maybe there should be something like "canon" tag then.

MrEngenious Admin
Puff
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

Eh, why not. Can easily remove it later if it's deemed unnecessary anyway.

Art
joined Jan 31, 2013

This is one of the best of all ZUN's works IMO, I hope that Inaba of the Moon and Inaba of the Earth will be uploaded too.
Anyway, with these Touhou doujins entering Dynasty-Reader (and the site's new design), I can do nothing but squeal in happiness.

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

I remember someone once said ZUN made this as a parody of players who bomb their way out of boss battles. Dunno if that statement is true, but it does clarify some aspects of that battle.

By the way, Silent Sinner in Blue was serialized in a magazine, so it's not a doujin work. Pretty much all of ZUN's spinoff works but the artworks and the stories in CD releases have been serialized in magazines and later published as manga volumes.

last edited at Feb 10, 2013 4:47PM

MrEngenious Admin
Puff
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

I stand corrected then. Not sure what we're going to do about it though, since making two separate touhou categories seems silly.
I've added a little note to the Touhou category and tagged the works as canon for now, at least.

last edited at Feb 10, 2013 5:15PM

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Wow Watatsuki no Yorihime is annoying. She's like a canon Mary Sue-style OC.

joined Jul 13, 2011

I read the translation of Cage in Lunatic Runagate after this and I feel like it complements this story quite well. I'm surprised that ZUN is a good writer, and whoever did the translation also did a good job.

joined Nov 11, 2010

Speaking of Cage in Lunatic Runagate...I was reading through it again (after being inspired to reread Symposium of Post Mysticism), and man the fourth chapter is just such perfect shipping fuel. The way Mokou talks and reflects upon her relationship with Kaguya as something truly happy, that she's anxious over losing...and the implicit shared understanding of each others' loneliness. I've seen people mention Inaba of the Moon & Inaba of the Earth as a source of questionably canon TeruMoko, but if you ask me this chapter is the best TeruMoko canon has to offer.

last edited at Nov 8, 2013 6:25AM

joined Nov 11, 2013

Blue sinner? Oh...

joined Apr 29, 2014

Ah damn... I noticed something that's going to ruin the rest of this series for me...
And so I've decided to share it with all of you!

Please tell me Remilia and Patchouli are meant to be cross-eyed, because if they're not then why are both their right eyes looking left when they're meant to be looking straight ahead: Here

last edited at May 2, 2014 1:57PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Please tell me Remilia and Patchouli are meant to be cross-eyed, because if they're not then why are both their right eyes looking left when they're meant to be looking straight ahead:

Actually, that's something normal. Unless someone's looking to their EXTREME left, then the eyes won't be positioned identically within their sockets. The closer eye to what they're looking at will be a little forward. Take a look at this lovely photo of Ellen Page for a moment:

https://24.media.tumblr.com/bc6dff21b52e832648cba7f33d600b7b/tumblr_n4t7tj0jK71qdksdzo2_500.png

...what were we talking about?

Oh yeah, eyes.

In any case, on the page you posted (which takes up a hell of a lot of space in the forum, wouldn't a link have sufficed?) I agree that each of their right eyes are a slight bit too far in, but not unforgiveably so. This is assuming that Ran is standing ahead and somewhat left of the both of them. In Patchy's case since she's over slightly she would be looking a bit more to her left than Remi.

Also looking at it, I think we're only seeing part of Remi's right iris, since it's much thinner than her left in that shot, probably an attempt to show highlighting. That's more a guess than anything, but it doesn't look so bad to me when I think that way.

joined Apr 29, 2014

Be that as it may, I don't know why Aki Eda has done it to the extreme here when it's not this extreme in her other works. It just doesn't look right to me. But I've read a few chapters since and I haven't noticed it as badly so I guess I'll live with it.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

The thing I like the most from this series is the fact that Remi uses a baby chair XD

Shine,%20aru
joined Feb 15, 2016

Hey, I've reviewed this: https://terrenceswiff.wordpress.com/2017/12/27/touhou-bougetsushou/

It's got problems and positives. Really doesn't work without also reading Cage in Lunatic Runagate. It was ZUN's first "serious" attempt at manga, with a game-like plot. Very weird. I'm happy he's improved a lot with time.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Months of work, weeks of research, three elaborate plans, two decoys, all for a jar of sake. Typical Gensokyo.

I don't know what Yukari means in the last chapter about not knowing if the brain of the moon resided on Earth; she fought Eirin in IN...

This story was the best. When it comes down to it, no fanwork can ever exceed Zun's canon. The extensive mythology, the perfect application of Gensokyo's number one rule - namely that common sense does not apply (that's not quite true though. Real world common sense doesn't apply, but the manifestation of will and concepts into reality has always been what makes up a large part of 'magic'), every appearance of SDM characters and Yuyuko and Yukari's speechless communication, god it's great. Now for Lunatic Runagate. And I need to finish WaHH.

Yandere%20=%20423182%20-%20copy
joined Nov 29, 2013

I kinda like Aki-sensei works. Why does he stop cooperating with ZUN? Is something wrong? Or is it because he ships yuri? The last page said looking for more ZUN and Aki work right?

3p3s4vk0o34b1
joined Aug 15, 2023

I kinda like Aki-sensei works. Why does he stop cooperating with ZUN? Is something wrong? Or is it because he ships yuri? The last page said looking for more ZUN and Aki work right?

Very late but like 50% of artists ZUN has worked with have made atleast 1 yuri of Touhou characters, I'm certain that making ships is not the reason why.

To reply you must either login or sign up.