Forum › Posts by YetiTreats

YetiTreats
joined Apr 29, 2014

Be that as it may, I don't know why Aki Eda has done it to the extreme here when it's not this extreme in her other works. It just doesn't look right to me. But I've read a few chapters since and I haven't noticed it as badly so I guess I'll live with it.

YetiTreats
joined Apr 29, 2014

Ah damn... I noticed something that's going to ruin the rest of this series for me...
And so I've decided to share it with all of you!

Please tell me Remilia and Patchouli are meant to be cross-eyed, because if they're not then why are both their right eyes looking left when they're meant to be looking straight ahead: Here

last edited at May 2, 2014 1:57PM

YetiTreats
joined Apr 29, 2014

Nezchan, you're from up north? (comparatively) Or was that more midlands? Or am in completely the wrong geographical location...

Originally from Nova Scotia, Canada. The rural part of the province, to be precise although I was in the city for a long time too. Very Scots/German influence, but in a kind of casual way.

Ah, yeah, I was in completely the wrong geographical location!

Blasphemy!

That said, I think part of my problem here is there's been precious little actual story so far. Some insight into the characters, but it feels like we haven't gotten anything more than setup and the plot hasn't arrived yet.

Yeah, that's why I added the the bit at the end for fear of backlash from my blasphemy. :S

It is only chapter 2 though so I think for how far (or not far) it is, I think it's shaping up to be pretty good. The hair thing's a little strange, though!

YetiTreats
joined Apr 29, 2014

In the words of my people, "Christ, it's another day of fookin' rain is it?"

Wasn't it already established that her eyes have been open all along, it's just they looked closed since that was the artist's style at the time?

Nezchan, you're from up north? (comparatively) Or was that more midlands? Or am in completely the wrong geographical location...

It looks like it's gonna be a pretty good series, in fact it reminds me of another one I've read on here but I can't remember the name. The only thing I don't like is the art style, it reminds me of a cross between Takemiya Jin and the terrible digital art style sweeping many series where their eyes all look inwards and shading is given a back seat (in fact, I'm pretty sure only 3 shades are used). It just doesn't look right to me.
Just to be clear, I like Takemiya Jin's stories, just not the art.

YetiTreats
joined Apr 29, 2014

Ah, thanks!
I've learnt about 5 new words from these forums (including abbreviations).

YetiTreats
joined Apr 29, 2014

I've been avoiding them because I thought I'd be missing something crucial.

Btw, what is 'canon'?

last edited at Apr 30, 2014 5:24PM

YetiTreats
joined Apr 29, 2014

Sorry if this has been asked before, I didn't particularly want to scroll through the pages of forum topics to find out.

I don't really like bullet hell games so I was trying to avoid having to play the games. But the doujins look really good.

So is there a lot of back story that you get from the games or are the doujins just based off the character's appearances and names?

Basically, will I be able to enjoy the doujins without playing Touhou?

YetiTreats
joined Apr 29, 2014

im ok with tragedy as long as it has a POINT, the only one this seemed to have is "stockholm syndrome sucks ass"

'Let's rub tragedy in your face so you'll buy this!' <--- is the main point I think. It definitely should have carried on or had some sort of resolution other than the announcement over the radio that the father is in jail and the teacher saying "screw it, be in the self-defense force, I've already cried in front of you, what do I care?"

It definitely feels unfinished but given the lack of interest maybe its a good thing it ended there rather than being put on hold for even longer.

YetiTreats
joined Apr 29, 2014

that's just as sad not more sad, also ryuk if you are listening please drop a deathnote outside my house, i need it a sec
tbh though apart from the payoff downer ending this really didn't have much point, no message, no reason, just a depressing story about a girl who was friends with someone with stockholm syndrome

I meant the follow up as well of her getting kidnapped and also chopped into pieces but with more focus on being kidnapped. Kind of like Lying Mii-kun and Broken Maa-chan but without the happy ending.

Yeah I totally agree, its only purpose was to put a downer on your day. If Iqura Sugimoto hadn't drawn it I wouldn't have read it, I really liked Variante for its artistic appeal.

YetiTreats
joined Apr 29, 2014

Yeah it's definitely really sad but I was expecting the main girl, um, I forgot her name, but I was expecting her to get kidnapped by Umino's dad or something...
Also, is it just me or is that "riddle" really stupid and there's no way people have no idea what any answer might be! I mean I get that not everyone will think the "right" answer but people wouldn't have no idea! I think anyway...

YetiTreats
joined Apr 29, 2014

EDIT: how do i spoilers?

Use == before and after the thing you want to spoiler. ==this is a spoiler== becomes this is a spoiler

I forgot to add actual commentary about the story :S
Tbh I was expecting a much sadder ending from all the foreshadowing, so the ending was sad but not as sad as I pictured.

last edited at Apr 30, 2014 2:49PM

YetiTreats
joined Apr 29, 2014

I for one would have a loli lamia girl and we would cuddle and make out and she would be adorable and sometimes we would do lewd things together

Well not to label myself as (more of) a pervert but you can get some of that from Monster Girl Quest. Except it's not yuri, it's just a herbivore guy...

Chapter 0.24 is amazing, I think it's my favourite chapter so far!

YetiTreats
joined Apr 29, 2014

And with that, we have no confirmation about her feelings at all, with Shuu's big confession scene being pushed under the rug like that and all.

Yeah it's like the ending to a harem series where there's no resolution and a kind of 'the decision can wait' attitude. But I guess at least they finished it rather than having even more questions unanswered...

Also, when Youko sees Shuu biting the nurse/doctor?/brother and later Misora, too, wouldn't sexual deviant come before vampire as a better way of explaining it away? Rather than, "hmm, lets trust this new student who looks like she'd sell her soul for friends!"