Forum › Futari Nara discussion

Reo
joined Feb 4, 2016

Those scars ... She was sexually abused?
Is that why she wears spats shorts too?

The suggestion seems to be that she was physically hurt by other kids in middle school, rather than sexual abuse. She does suggest that the bullying she got in high school was a lot less overtly violent. As to her parents, the most likely perpetrators of anything sexual, there's no suggestion that they're hostile, only neglectful.

The spats, I dunno. To guard against skirt-flipping embarrassment?

Thanks for the answer.
I thought it was strange to be around her breasts.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Those scars ... She was sexually abused?
Is that why she wears spats shorts too?

The suggestion seems to be that she was physically hurt by other kids in middle school, rather than sexual abuse. She does suggest that the bullying she got in high school was a lot less overtly violent. As to her parents, the most likely perpetrators of anything sexual, there's no suggestion that they're hostile, only neglectful.

The spats, I dunno. To guard against skirt-flipping embarrassment?

Thanks for the answer.
I thought it was strange to be around her breasts.

I might be totally wrong, of course. But idk, there's no real reference other than the wound location to sexual issues. She's just embarrassed to have scars. Probably it's more that they were in a location that would only be revealed in an intimate moment.

RumpledForeSkiin
joined Jun 27, 2016

This was cute and sweet, but the whole "please come live with me after highschool. if you don't, i give you full consent to stab me" made me giggle.

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

Happy, yet sad. The tone, plus the fact there's practically no one else asi of them, makes an interesting atmosphere that goes from isolation to intimacy. I'm afraid of what might come in the third part. Hopefully i'll turn more like Cross Heart finale.

joined May 19, 2016

Happy, yet sad. The tone, plus the fact there's practically no one else asi of them, makes an interesting atmosphere that goes from isolation to intimacy. I'm afraid of what might come in the third part. Hopefully i'll turn more like Cross Heart finale.

What's your avatar from?

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

I read the title 'futanari' .-.

I did as well, haha. Coupled with the NSFW tag... Yeah.

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

I might be totally wrong, of course. But idk, there's no real reference other than the wound location to sexual issues. She's just embarrassed to have scars. Probably it's more that they were in a location that would only be revealed in an intimate moment.

Maybe I'm just morbid, but the size and shape of those scars and the fact that they've lasted at least 2 years suggests to me that they are cigarette burn marks (ie. a group of people held her down, ripped her shirt off, and put out lit cigarettes on her breasts). Even that was "all" they did, I think you could make a case that it constitutes sexual abuse.

last edited at Mar 6, 2017 8:26PM

2015-01-21%2018.42.01
joined May 17, 2014

Is bullying in Japan really that bad? I feel like there are so many stories where there the "outcast" and the clicks. Is that all just commercial?
(I know we have it here not that I've ever seen it up close)

Nishiki%20gosu%20rori%20dark%20hair%20sm
joined Jan 11, 2015

@ari-chan
Bullying in Japan is unfortunately bad and common enough to be considered a national problem, and is the cause of a decent amount of teenage suicides, iirc.

S-l225
joined Feb 14, 2014

The knife thing actually does sound familiar. I think in a certain culture there was a thing where the husband gave the wife a knife and if he ever betrayed her she was allowed to kill him with it

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Is bullying in Japan really that bad? I feel like there are so many stories where there the "outcast" and the clicks. Is that all just commercial?

I remember reading a cross-national comparison of bullying in the US, UK, Netherlands, and Japan once. I don't recall the details, but one of the major conclusions was that bullying is more common in the Western countries, but that the bullying that takes place in Japan is much more intense. In the US, UK, Netherlands, for students who were bullied, the median number of bullies targeting them was quite low, around 2 or 3, so you have one or a few students harassing another. In Japan, students who were bullied were targeted by much larger groups, sometimes over 10. On top of that, bullied students in Japan were completely ostracized by all of their peers far more often than in the Western countries.

I imagine then that the subjective experience of Japanese students is far different than American or English ones. If there's that one guy who bullies you, but otherwise your life is okay, then you don't feel trapped the same way you would if there were a bunch of people constantly out to get you and everyone else pretended you weren't there. This also contributes to the high teen suicide rate in Japan.

The high awareness of the problem is probably part of the reason bullying is so prevalent in Japanese fiction. Also, anime and manga are about middle and high school students disproportionately often. If there were more works about college students, working adults, etc. then presumably bullying would be less salient.

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

What's your avatar from?

Little Red Riding Hood strikes back, part C

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

How to not be bullied: Carry a knife arround, everyone will be too creeped out to get near you lmao XD

Screenshot_20180828-085722_1
joined Mar 21, 2016

Ties self to a tree
I'm going nowhere! D:

Sample of ch3's 1st page.

damn it!
I see nothing but the darkness man... ;_;

joined Sep 2, 2015

Nah I think we'll be fine; the author does clean endings.

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

It's good. Nice. And somewhat comforting.

5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

To be honest, I never get how people can just bully someone until they think that they don't deserve to live, what is wrong with you if you can do something like that?
The knife, well it wouldn't have done that much damage. Sure it would hurt a lot but yeah. It was nice, showed the trust n stuff.

5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

I remember reading a cross-national comparison of bullying in the US, UK, Netherlands, and Japan once. I don't recall the details, but one of the major conclusions was that bullying is more common in the Western countries, but that the bullying that takes place in Japan is much more intense. In the US, UK, Netherlands, for students who were bullied, the median number of bullies targeting them was quite low, around 2 or 3, so you have one or a few students harassing another. In Japan, students who were bullied were targeted by much larger groups, sometimes over 10. On top of that, bullied students in Japan were completely ostracized by all of their peers far more often than in the Western countries.

I imagine then that the subjective experience of Japanese students is far different than American or English ones. If there's that one guy who bullies you, but otherwise your life is okay, then you don't feel trapped the same way you would if there were a bunch of people constantly out to get you and everyone else pretended you weren't there. This also contributes to the high teen suicide rate in Japan.

The high awareness of the problem is probably part of the reason bullying is so prevalent in Japanese fiction. Also, anime and manga are about middle and high school students disproportionately often. If there were more works about college students, working adults, etc. then presumably bullying would be less salient.

My eye landed on the Netherlands. Just wanted to say, I'm from there and schools are pretty strict about things like that. When I was younger we had like someone talking about it every year. I remember in middle school someone just came to talk about suicide.
I never met a teacher who just didn't care who was getting bullied. Sure, there are sort of rankings in classes but in my classes it was never that bad.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

The problem in Japan is that the teachers often turn a blind eye or worse, contribute to the bullying because the target is disturbing the peace.

Schools are businesses in Japan, as high school is not mandatory. Teachers are encouraged to have peaceful classes with good results because it raises the reputation of the school and they get better evaluation and more money.

So a kid that doesn't fit is a nuisance.

The US has more or less the same problems, because federal money depends on the results of the school. So getting rid of weak kids instead of helping them is tempting.

But then in the US kids have guns...

last edited at Mar 7, 2017 2:11AM

joined Dec 18, 2014

Does someone have the full raw of part 3?
I really don't wanna be exited for part 3 and be faced with a tragedy (I know the artists works end generally happy but still...)
Also, from my perspective, the knife thing seems to mean something like "I put my life in your hands, thats how much I love you".

joined Aug 11, 2014

Maybe I'm just morbid, but the size and shape of those scars and the fact that they've lasted at least 2 years suggests to me that they are cigarette burn marks (ie. a group of people held her down, ripped her shirt off, and put out lit cigarettes on her breasts). Even that was "all" they did, I think you could make a case that it constitutes sexual abuse.

That's what I was thinking, as well. Even if there's no reason to think it ever rose to the level of rape, the fact of her scars means that the nature of the violence against her was very likely sexualised. The chest isn't exactly a quick and accessible place to burn someone. They had to be pretty deliberate about it.

I'd be inclined to think that her wearing spats has more to do with her trying to defend herself from common harassment, than covering up scars - she keeps her shoes with her so they don't get damaged, she wears spats so that it's not as embarrassing if they flip up her skirt, etc. - but I don't have any strong reasons to think so, other than nothing being mentioned when Saki was definitely in a position to notice.

__io_euclase_and_rosetta_granblue_fantasy_drawn_by_takishima_asaka__1d4a58edaca73c7fce39685c5353a2f6_crop
joined Dec 30, 2014

@Scanlator, if they're around.
I have higher quality scans of this chapter (and the final chapter), in case you would like to make a v2. Will you also be scanlating the final chapter?

I would love to translate the final chapter. I usually just snatch raws off exhentai, so I did this hack job without knowing there was a 3rd chapter, since it's not there.

Img_0469
joined Sep 9, 2016

On behalf of everyone who read this.... what the fuck?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

On behalf of everyone who read this.... what the fuck?

Please note that this individual only speaks on their own behalf.

Nishiki%20gosu%20rori%20dark%20hair%20sm
joined Jan 11, 2015

@wooberjig
Here ya go. I included the ones for ch2 as well, for the hell of it.

I'm glad you picked this up, because it was bothering me that it was an unfinished story, but I/we (Kouyuri) already have our hands full with other projects. x)

To reply you must either login or sign up.