Forum › Anime season

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

izetta destroy alternative energy rather than sharing it...
whyyyyyyy....

another bikecycle girl anime next season??

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Pretty shitty PV, but still a thing none the less
I-Is Orange-kun gonna be okay?

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Did it end with het or stay ambiguous? Is it worth to watch the whole series for it?

It's definitely not worth watching it for the "Yuri". Kumiko hasn't responded yet, but the hairpin scene happened, the same scene that initiated the het in the novels.
And considering how they literally rubbed Reina"s crush for Taki in our face, as well as Kumiko fully supporting her to it, I think it's highly possible what the outcome will be.

Even if someone doesn't care about shipping, the writing is pretty bad. Reina's character has been destroyed and now it's going to be the same for Kumiko.
They should had either keep all Yuri outside since the first season, or remove the het from the second. Or make it completely without romance and only about music/friendship.

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

JoJo finale was epic, as expected. Kira's death was surprising, amusing and, kind of, satisfying. Gotta love the ora ora.

Next week ends Flip Flappers. I'll miss that show.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Just finished this week's Flip Flappers, and OH MY GORD THEY'RE WEARING MODIFIED WEDDING DRESSES!!!! I AM DED!

Untitled
joined May 8, 2013

Just finished this week's Flip Flappers, and OH MY GORD THEY'RE WEARING MODIFIED WEDDING DRESSES!!!! I AM DED!

^ #subtlety. ;)

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

So, just watched Flip Flappers. While I admit that I'm a bit disappointed that Papikana is not the father,=... well, you can't beat ==MATCHING. WEDDING. DRESSES. Who knows, though, Salt literally has not shown any concern at all for Cocona in the entire series, so maybe 3Hz will do something weird. Yeah, it's not gonna happen, but, if it did, that'd kind of completely fuck over Papika x Cocona if it happened... eh, I'd still ship it.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I guess as far as the animators are concerned, the question of who Cocona's father is really doesn't matter.

I do wonder if Salt's known about the two Mimi's all along.

Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

Occultic nine really turned out good

joined Feb 15, 2013

Still unsure why Papika shrunk. But i don't know how to take the fact that Papika has been loving Cocona since before she was born...

OTP platonic love confirmed from Papika. But also means Papika still does not seen Cocona as anything more than just an object of affection. The child of her dear partner, who she later befriended with. Not the same way Cocona see her at least, when she was pondering over what Papika means to her (sister, boy substitute, romantic partner).

Anyway, Flip Flappers the love story:

Papika, an energetic and carefree girl, who has always been very fond of her dear partner Mimi. So when Mimi's pregnant by their mutual friend Salt, Papika was prepared to shower the to-be-born child with love. Unfortunately an accident happens, separate them all. Time skip forward to 17 years. An amnesia Papika through coincidence found and befriended Mimi's child: Cocona. The two has good chemistry going forward, but as Papika regain her memories, she started to miss her old partner Mimi greatly. Cocona, not knowing that it is her mother, was getting jealous over it. Thought she was just used by Papika and feel betrayed, Cocona was persuaded by her mother (alternative personality) to leave the city with her mother. But Papika was chasing after them both. In the last episode, Papika managed to catch up on them, managed to convince Cocona to return to her, and the two was seen in a pseudo wedding dresses.

Can Papika persuade her old partner Mimi to give her Cocona? Will Mimi accept the two relationship? What is the dad planning behind all these? What's about the childhood friend Yayaka who has secretly been in love with Papika? Next time on Flip Flappers!!

last edited at Dec 25, 2016 11:44PM

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

OTP platonic love confirmed from Papika. But also means Papika still does not seen Cocona as anything more than just an object of affection. The child of her dear partner, who she later befriended with. Not the same way Cocona see her at least, when she was pondering over what Papika means to her (sister, boy substitute, romantic partner).

The pseudo wedding dresses just blows that theory out of the water.

last edited at Dec 25, 2016 11:45PM

Untitled
joined May 8, 2013

You can see at the beginning of the episode Papika flash backing to when she was captured in that tree and meeting Cocona seemingly for the first time. She had already been turned into young Papika and we see at the end that Mimi is able to mind wipe her and we know already that she had no memory of Mimi prior to episode 10 ( I think it was 10). She might now remember everything but all her memories and feelings for Cocona are from the present. And she loves, loves, loves her!! At least that's how I'm reading it.

last edited at Dec 26, 2016 12:20AM

Untitled
joined May 8, 2013

On another note.....I need a second season of Drifters ASAP!!!!!

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

ahem WHERE'S MY JOJO PART 5 PREVIEW?!

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

JoJo finale was epic, as expected. Kira's death was surprising, amusing and, kind of, satisfying. Gotta love the ora ora.

I wonder if there any chance for this to get animated?
http://jojo.wikia.com/wiki/Dead_Man's_Questions

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

Next week ends Flip Flappers. I'll miss that show.

I take it that you never read manga?

In manga, Rohan even cried a bit when Reima was going to leave which was sad and surprising moment too

Best Mangaka Rohan
joined Dec 13, 2016

ahem WHERE'S MY JOJO PART 5 PREVIEW?!

Can't wait for Taste of a liar

Best Mangaka Rohan
joined Dec 13, 2016

So now that Flip Flappers is finished?

Does it yuri? Or just teasing? Or perhaps baiting?

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

One episode left. Last episode we got a magical girl wedding after Cocona told Papika she loves her a lot, so if there is no kiss we still got that at least.

last edited at Dec 28, 2016 3:49AM

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Much of the show's symbolism suggests that Cocona has romantic feelings for Papika. Every non-yuri goggled review I have seen of the show acknowledges this. It all hinges on what happens in the last episode.

I think the trend of shows like Izetta where the driving force of the show is a clearly romantic relationship which is somehow never fully legitimized on screen is ridiculous (some people may disagree with me on that). I really hope Flip Flappers avoids that fate.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Much of the show's symbolism suggests that Cocona has romantic feelings for Papika. Every non-yuri goggled review I have seen of the show acknowledges this. It all hinges on what happens in the last episode.

I think the trend of shows like Izetta where the driving force of the show is a clearly romantic relationship which is somehow never fully legitimized on screen is ridiculous (some people may disagree with me on that). I really hope Flip Flappers avoids that fate.

I hold out hope that this sort of thing is the baby steps that condition the audience to accept more from shows in the future. Even if that's not the case, Flip Flappers in particular seems very invested in presenting yuri tropes in a pretty fresh way, and not making fun of them in the process, so I'd call that progress in itself.

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

So, anyone watched that Hibike ending? If so, how much of a letdown for all the yuribaited fans was it?

Asukaoriii
joined Jul 24, 2015

So, anyone watched that Hibike ending? If so, how much of a letdown for all the yuribaited fans was it?

It was neither het or yuri (unless people consider that Asuka x Kumiko yuri, which I don't).

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

It was neither het or yuri (unless people consider that Asuka x Kumiko yuri, which I don't).

Oh, so they went with the last minute pairing. I guess, now that i know how whole thing end and unfolds, i shouldn't even bother with S2

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

I count it. As long as it's not het, I'm happy.

To reply you must either login or sign up.