Forum › Happiness is the Shape of a Wound discussion

joined Jun 12, 2015

Good to know I'm not the only one who thinks that this story's pacing was way to fast. The art is great, though.

__nagato_naka_souryuu_and_yamashiro_kantai_collection_drawn_by_nagomi_mokatitk__05ee9f9b82bc5bde98628ad3a6cc492e_cr
joined Dec 30, 2013

Nakatani Nio, you just a genius.

Screenshot_2016-12-27-13-58-01-1
joined Mar 23, 2014

Ah I get it now. The two girls I couldn't recognise in this pic Nakatani tweeted was Torii and Kai

Omg I forgot about that, I was confused too. Thanks for pointing it out!

20190203_135245
joined Mar 5, 2016

Nakatani's works are always so.. heavy?? deep?? I don't have the right words but her works always leave me feeling a little sad or heavy-hearted. But, that may just be me and nevertheless her works have always been a good read.

joined Jul 23, 2013

I'm a huge fan of pretty much everything Nakatani did, but this just seems rushed..

It's a shame because I think there's a lot of potential in it.

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

I liked it. A little too short. The wishing for harm just seemed like an expression of frustration to me.

Richardevans
joined Jun 1, 2016

Ridiculously contrived.

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

Man, japanese kids are super fucked up

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I think it's interesting - this collection, did it come after Bloom into You started? It feels like she did more varied conventional manga before, won a dengeki prize, decided to do a yuri manga, and it took off, and now she's committed.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

I think it's interesting - this collection, did it come after Bloom into You started? It feels like she did more varied conventional manga before, won a dengeki prize, decided to do a yuri manga, and it took off, and now she's committed.

Ye this collection was published/released recently, like a month ago or something

joined Feb 23, 2013

Be careful what you wish for, huh.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

I kinda worship Nakatani, so I can't really dislike anything she does. Yes, this was really rushed by the end, but I liked the concept. It's basically the "antisocial girl is transformed by meeting that special someone" story told in the perspective of the special someone, who turns out to not be the usual saint-like heroic figure, which I find really interesting.

joined Apr 25, 2016

Nakatani was in some kind of music club is the thing i'm really curious about now

ah this probably also explains her enjoyment of hibike euphonium

joined Sep 21, 2014

Nakatani was in some kind of music club is the thing i'm really curious about now

Probs cus it had really homoerotic scenes too. If I recall, she answered hibike when asked about a yuri anime she was enjoying, and despite the responses she got about how it wasn't yuri, she was like lol it felt like yuri to me so it's fine
I'm sure she's following s2 right now, I was skimming her tweets yesterday and saw that around last week, she was tweeting about Kumiko lmfao.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Probs cus it had really homoerotic scenes too. If I recall, she answered hibike when asked about a yuri anime she was enjoying, and despite the responses she got about how it wasn't yuri, she was like lol it felt like yuri to me so it's fine
I'm sure she's following s2 right now, I was skimming her tweets yesterday and saw that around last week, she was tweeting about Kumiko lmfao.

I lurk her twitter everyday (not a stalker, I swear!), she basically tweets about Euphonium every single week, doing live reactions whenever new eps are out.

joined Sep 21, 2014

I lurk her twitter everyday (not a stalker, I swear!), she basically tweets about Euphonium every single week, doing live reactions whenever new eps are out.

That sounds like Nakatani haha. From the volume extras, that's apparently what she mainly does with her twitter, tweet about anime haha

joined Dec 18, 2014

I wonder if this qualifies for the Time Skip Tag.
Because to me it seems like page 20 was a 1 year time skip (the four branches).

Edit: I just noticed that there is no Time Skip tag anymore.

last edited at Dec 21, 2016 10:34AM

Bayonetta
joined Nov 2, 2014

dont wish for bad things to happen to your crush lmfao what kind of weird ass shit was that

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

I saw this on the recent releases belt when it was new, but got cold feet and left it until now, now that I've caught up with Bloom Into You. It was this blog post that got me off my ass to catch up https://blog.sakugabooru.com/2017/01/04/manga-editors-roundtable-the-growth-of-yuri/

They also mentioned Eclair as well, so I'm glad to have found some great stories from Eclair here. The complaints that it was too short can't be helped, as they only had 16 pages for a one-shot to put into an anthology. Sure, if a one-shot is received well, they're going to want to decompress the story, but sometimes it's nice to just grab a quick bite-sized yuri story after realizing something like Bloom Into You is at least half a year away from finishing ;_;

The scene with the car "took me for a ride". I thought it was just another one of Torii's fantasies. They reminded me of Kyouko's comment to Sayaka (from Madoka Magica) to just break Kyousuke's whole body so he'll never play violin again and just depend on her forever.

last edited at Jan 5, 2017 4:47PM

Tumblr_oacx7rl55f1tltatqo1_500
joined May 19, 2016

That sounds like Nakatani haha. From the volume extras, that's apparently what she mainly does with her twitter, tweet about anime haha

i really have a deep regrets because of my non-capability in understanding Japanese language now. I really want to know her live reaction of hibike

Tumblr_oacx7rl55f1tltatqo1_500
joined May 19, 2016

they're going to want to decompress the story, but sometimes it's nice to just grab a quick bite-sized yuri story after realizing something like Bloom Into You is at least half a year away from finishing ;_;

wait what? Really? what???
Can you please show me where you get the information pls?

if it's really happening that's really the end of my monthly joy

last edited at Feb 22, 2017 3:38PM

S-l225
joined Jun 28, 2016

Sorry about doing some thread Necromancy but I see Yen Press are publishing the whole Éclair anthology. A good purchase I feel.

http://www.b2c.hachettebookgroup.com/titles/none/%C3%89clair/9781975326166/?yen

joined Nov 26, 2017

dont wish for bad things to happen to your crush lmfao what kind of weird ass shit was that

I definitely agree with you. LOL

Tumblr_mqsgcvuolq1s1l3cpo1_500
joined Jul 12, 2012

Man her jealousy took her to dark places..
But I overall enjoyed the story. Was just a bit caugh off guard by the whole 'wishing her talented fingers to be horribly crushed' moments. When her hand got smacked by the rear view mirror I thought that was another of her dark schemes, but was actually real.
I feel like the transition from 'just a thought' to 'an actual scenario' wasn't properly executed. So when it happened I was confused, I wasn't sure if that particular scene was real or not.

joined Jun 28, 2017

Kinda disgusting.
Also kind of easy, the way she just happened to hurt her hand while the MC wished for it.
But yeah, it really is disgusting that the MC needed her to get a scar because she felt the other girl was too "perfect?" otherwise.
Then what scar does the MC need to get in order to get less perfect?
I'd like to read a story about that.

To reply you must either login or sign up.