Forum › Yuzumori-san discussion

Nishiki%20gosu%20rori%20dark%20hair%20sm
joined Jan 11, 2015

Graduated at 15. Of course, back then there weren't many bs grades like "pre-preschool", etc. etc.

Preschool or "pre-preschool" doesn't add to the age you end up on... D:

What you might be thinking of is that in many countries, high school isn't part of the mandatory education.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

alot of people graduate high school at 18?

Graduated at 15. Of course, back then there weren't many bs grades like "pre-preschool", etc. etc.

Most places you start school around 5-ish. One year of primary/kindergarten/whatever you wanna call it, then 12 years of school after that. Your experience notwithstanding, that seems to be how Japan typically runs things which is the relevant case here, although i'm not certain about primary year. Which would put the character firmly in the 16-17 range.

joined Aug 19, 2012

looks like shit is about to get real next chapter

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

For some reason, I thought Mimika was in her first year, even though the first chapter clearly introduces her as a second year, LOL.

Yeah, Mimika's gotta be 16-17, but I'm going to strictly believe Yuzumori is 10 and not 9. :(

joined Jan 11, 2015

For some reason, I thought Mimika was in her first year, even though the first chapter clearly introduces her as a second year, LOL.

Yeah, Mimika's gotta be 16-17, but I'm going to strictly believe Yuzumori is 10 and not 9. :(

It just depends on whether they've had their birthday that year or not, doesn't it? x)

Either way, the manga explicitly states they're seven years apart, so at least we know the size of the age gap, which is what I think started this conversation in the first place. ;x

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

It just depends on whether they've had their birthday that year or not, doesn't it? x)

Either way, the manga explicitly states they're seven years apart, so at least we know the size of the age gap, which is what I think started this conversation in the first place. ;x

Well, I clearly have bad memory. :(

I'm... still going with Yuzumori being 10 and Mimika as 17.

last edited at Dec 7, 2016 7:04PM

joined Jan 11, 2015

Don't worry, I can barely remember my own birthday. I just happened to re-read it the other day... x)

Why are you so particularly hung up on her being 10 though? Just that it makes it marginally less illegal? ;D

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Don't worry, I can barely remember my own birthday. I just happened to re-read it the other day... x)

Why are you so particularly hung up on her being 10 though? Just that it makes it marginally less illegal? ;D

Yeah, basically. I mean, 10 years old! That's double digits! That's gotta mean something, right? ... Right?

joined Jan 11, 2015

Yeah, basically. I mean, 10 years old! That's double digits! That's gotta mean something, right? ... Right?

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

So i betrayed you guys and read chapter 11 in another place... Damn that end was creepy

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

SORRY.
SORRY FOR EXISTING.

So i betrayed you guys and read chapter 11 in another place... Damn that end was creepy

You mean the faces or the dialogue? Because I sure felt like Mimika's facial expressions were really overdone.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

oh my fucking god
I feel really bummed out and angst'd up now
On the other hand, I respect Mimika and her feelings, even if they're not socially appropriate. She's been trying really hard, even though it all came out. I respect her efforts.
I wonder if Yuzumori-san 100% understood what Mimika meant, or if she's just hung up on the "I just can't stay friends" part and interpreted the tears as something else, that essentially, Mimika lied in the previous chapter and is rejecting their friendship.

last edited at Dec 8, 2016 6:30PM

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

HOLY SHIT!! LMAO I DID NOT SEE THAT COMING HAHAHAHAHAHA I think the reason why i stick around with this specific manga is because I had a feeling that it was going to take a dark turn LMAO BUT I did not expect to see that reaction tho!! wow!

last edited at Dec 8, 2016 6:27PM

Homumug
joined Jan 13, 2015

IMMINENT LOLI DOM RAPE

Heimyfr
joined Aug 18, 2015

IT EXPLODES
I EXPLODE

Oh god,

Yuzumori just froze at "I don't want to be friends" and didn't hear the rest/misinterpret is what I'm betting on.

last edited at Dec 8, 2016 6:41PM

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

OH MY GOD NONONO YUZUMORI WHAT WAS WITH THAT LOOK YOU GAVE MIMIKA??

Poor Mimika I feel so bad for her like she's trying so hard and having a first love like that, that many would find immoral would be so hard.

Im really hoping for a misunderstanding this time. I must know what happens next O.O

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

This manga is getting more and more unpredictable by every chapter.

last edited at Dec 8, 2016 6:48PM

joined Jan 4, 2014

...incoming "I can't just stay friends -- we have to be BEST friends"?

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

You dare....YOU DARE!!!!

last edited at Dec 8, 2016 6:58PM

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

I'm never sure what Yuzumori-san's expressions mean. Well, I mean, she usually doesn't have much expression, so as soon as she shows a trace of one we tend to interpret them as big emotions, but I don't feel like I can get a reliable reading on what it means when she's showing signs of emotion beyond " something big is going on in there". So whether her reaction is actually contempt/disgust or something totally different is way up in the air as far as I'm concerned. The mangaka may well be trolling us specifically by giving her an expression that can be easily interpreted as something like what Mimika is fearing, only to flip to something totally different in the new chapter. She seems to do stuff like that.

I do wonder if maybe Yuzumori has interpreted Mimika, first, correctly as talking about romantic love, but perhaps incorrectly thinking the crying must mean she's planning on making a clean break, something like "I love you and so I must say goodbye because we can never be together" and her expression is from being upset about that. Or maybe she just can't handle seeing Mimika all sad.

last edited at Dec 8, 2016 7:14PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

FUCK!!!! That was insane... But I love it, Mimika's confession... How she couldn't keep the words in her chest, that was beautiful.
As for Yuzu's reaction... The obvious would be "That's disgusting!" but so far, this manga has managed to avoid obvious developments so I guess, we will have to wait.

I want Yuzumori to say "Why can't we stay friends?!" but eeh I don't know.

last edited at Dec 8, 2016 7:31PM

joined Jul 26, 2016

Holy cow but Yuzu can glare :o

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

With how people were saying last time how the "next chapter had drama and angst" I thought there was going to be more. That was pretty tame and expected.

Ab.%20dog
joined Jan 23, 2016

HOW COULD THIS END WITH ANOTHER CLIFFHANGER ASDFJKL;

Img_20171015_190853
joined Aug 7, 2016

Why this

To reply you must either login or sign up.