Forum › Yuzumori-san discussion

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

1 question. In last сhapter Yuzumori said "i like you".
I thought,that,when somebody say "...ことが好き" its mean "I love you"
Am i wrong?

Not always. I think the 「こと」just makes it more specific, as in "the one I like is Mimika (specifically)", and the 「好き」can very easily be taken as "like" friendship-wise, which seems to be the case here.

So basically, it all depends on the context. Yuzumori has shown (as far as we know) that she has no romantic feelings for Mimika, so naturally it would make the most sense if her sentence is just her saying that she enjoys Mimika's company.

Azu_nyan_nyan_nyan_gif_1_by_jaegirlsdeviant438-d7ednu6
joined Oct 8, 2016

Maybe, but as for me, i think Yuzumori rly has that feelings. Yes she is still kid, but in a same time she is much more mature (compare to Mimika) and the way how she acts (this jealousy and a wish to monopolize Mimika). Its more than "like".
PS: its only my view.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Maybe, but as for me, i think Yuzumori rly has that feelings. Yes she is still kid, but in a same time she is much more mature (compare to Mimika) and the way how she acts (this jealousy and a wish to monopolize Mimika). Its more than "like".

Well, I won't put up an argument, haha. I can see where you're coming from, but I just wanted to clarify that the most accurate translation would not have Yuzumori say that she "loves" Mimika, so "like" is the correct word.

Azu_nyan_nyan_nyan_gif_1_by_jaegirlsdeviant438-d7ednu6
joined Oct 8, 2016

Heh,anyway, thank you for answer,Seira)

last edited at Dec 5, 2016 3:57AM

joined Aug 22, 2016

Nah. As sad as it might seem, Yuzumori is a very lonely girl with few to no friends and, presumably, child of a single mother. Of course, she wouldn't want to lose her best friend to some other random girl. You even see that kind of "jealousy" between groups of girls, but it doesn't mean they're lesbians.

As far as the series goes, there is nothing that hints that Yuzu actually likes Mimika romantically.

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

They have a 7 year dif

8 years

Pretty sure Mimika is 15-16 and Yuzumori is 9-10.

Mimika is 16 and Yuzumori is 8

Yuzumori-san is in 4th grade iirc, so that would put her at 9-10. Mimika's in her 2nd year of high school, so she'd be around 15-16.
We don't know their definite ages, just their grades

If you are in your 4th grade at the age of 9-10, you would be in your second year of highschool at the age of 16-17.

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

Thanks a lot for your summaries @Seira, they're always helpful for those who barely understand japanese. So it seems that Yuzumori might misunderstand Mimika's words and think that she's just breaking their friendship off.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Thanks a lot for your summaries @Seira, they're always helpful for those who barely understand japanese. So it seems that Yuzumori might misunderstand Mimika's words and think that she's just breaking their friendship off.

I think there's a 50% chance that Yuzumori took it as Mimika breaking their friendship off, but also a 50% chance that Yuzumori understood what Mimika was getting at, although this is something I'm unsure of so we'll have to wait until chapter 12 comes out. We can only make interpretations based off of Yuzumori's reactions.

last edited at Dec 5, 2016 5:58PM

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

I think there's a 50% chance that Yuzumori took it as Mimika breaking their friendship off, but also a 50% chance that Yuzumori understood what Mimika was getting at, although this is something I'm unsure of so we'll have to wait until chapter 12 comes out. We can only make interpretations based off of Yuzumori's reactions.

I don't think Yuzumori wouldn't react with such disgust if she did understand what Mimika was saying. I mean, just a minute ago she was jealous of how close she was with Shi-chan and how she wanted to get close with Mimika herself. I think she just misheard Mimika's words due to her crying voice.

last edited at Dec 5, 2016 6:07PM

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

I don't think Yuzumori wouldn't react with such disgust if she did understand what Mimika was saying. I mean, just a minute ago she was jealous of how close she was with Shi-chan and how she wanted to get close with Mimika herself. I think she just misheard Mimika's words due to her crying voice.

Oh yeah, maybe. Perhaps Yuzumori only heard Mimika say that she doesn't remain as "just friends", which would be unfortunate :(

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

Oh yeah, maybe. Perhaps Yuzumori only heard Mimika say that she doesn't remain as "just friends", which would be unfortunate :(

I think it could be interesting if it doesn't drag on for too long. I wouldn't mind a little bit of drama in this series tbh.

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

Oh god. ...

What should i do? I want to read the chapter only when it got uploaded on this site but i want to know what happens next too!!!!

What to do?!

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Oh god. ...

What should i do? I want to read the chapter only when it got uploaded on this site but i want to know what happens next too!!!!

What to do?!

Take a chapter from my book and drink until you forget about it

Or re-read Rokuroichi stuff, that should work too

Maybe do both

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

Oh god. ...

What to do?!

Take a chapter from my book and drink until you forget about it

Or re-read Rokuroichi stuff, that should work too

Maybe do both

I can't see the list of favorites of other users. Bit they can see mine....how?

I found her work.....okay at best. Nothing special. Sorry.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

^ you can set your lists are either private or public, that's why you can't always see an user's fav list.

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

^ you can set your lists are either private or public, that's why you can't always see an user's fav list.

How exactly do you change the setting?

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

How exactly do you change the setting?

Go to "Lists" beside Images. There's an edit button on the right. Click it and the screen after that should show a checkbox indicating whether it should be public or not.

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Thanks

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

Ueah that goes for ours. But what about others? Why can't i see anyone of their list?

I mean i can't even click on other users.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Ueah that goes for ours. But what about others? Why can't i see anyone of their list?

I mean i can't even click on other users.

Don't click on the user name, click on " List" to the right of the number of posts below the avatar

1,594 posts 3 lists
joined Mar 6, 2014

'n' stuff

last edited at Dec 6, 2016 12:11PM

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

As far as the series goes, there is nothing that hints that Yuzu actually likes Mimika romantically.

Maybe I just have prescription-strength goggles, but the one thing I feel could be pointed to is Yuzumori asking Mimika to button up her dress. Someone who's apparently alone as often as Yuzumori is would proooobably already know how to button her own clothes.

At the same time, that kind of "seductive" behavior also doesn't match with anything we've seen yet, (or the general disposition of a grade-schooler) so I dunno ¯_ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ _/¯

Thats a very good point, but i think Yuzumori only sees Mimika as big sister or something along those lines. I do believe that she'll eventually develop some sort of romantic feelings for Mimika since kids who are lonely sometimes develop feelings of fondness for those who are close but not related to them.

joined Aug 22, 2016

Maybe I just have prescription-strength goggles, but the one thing I feel could be pointed to is Yuzumori asking Mimika to button up her dress. Someone who's apparently alone as often as Yuzumori is would proooobably already know how to button her own clothes.

At the same time, that kind of "seductive" behavior also doesn't match with anything we've seen yet, (or the general disposition of a grade-schooler) so I dunno ¯_ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ _/¯

Yeah, that part was kind of weird. I think it was just the author trying to force the situation. But, in general, Yuzu is just an innocent girl and I honestly hope she doesn't turn into a sex addict succubus, because there is already a lot of that out there.

joined Aug 19, 2012

They have a 7 year dif

8 years

Yuzumori-san is in 4th grade iirc, so that would put her at 9-10. Mimika's in her 2nd year of high school, so she'd be around 15-16.

If you are in your 4th grade at the age of 9-10, you would be in your second year of highschool at the age of 16-17.

alot of people graduate high school at 18?

last edited at Dec 7, 2016 7:03AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

18 is typical in most places.

joined Aug 22, 2016

They have a 7 year dif

8 years

Graduated at 15. Of course, back then there weren't many bs grades like "pre-preschool", etc. etc.

last edited at Dec 7, 2016 9:13AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.